• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
the technical basis is clear: 4K/60fps
That's not how this shit works. Of course it's possible, anything is possible. It only depends on what you're trying to render. Any machine will have a set in stone level of power. There will always be a level of visual fidelity that you can easily render at 4K/60, and stuff that it will be impossible to. Some studios will be more talented in harnessing that power, but there WILL be a limit, and there WILL be stuff that cannot be 4K/60.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
OK as a French and former journalist let me put it this way :

Julien Chieze was a nice person and I think he probably is still.
But he is trying very hard to get as much attention as he can, reading through rumors/tendance over community forums as ResetEra or Reddit and then coming up with videos saying "got legit sources telling me that..." it's now his trend on his channel and it is quite unbearable.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I've no idea about this guy, but as a general commentary, ps5 related searches are probably 'up' on the back of reports from semiaccurate/kotaku, and there probably will be a lot of clickbait-y content in the next while trying to capitalise on that. So we should be careful. There's nothing really here that anyone couldn't write up.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
No real meaningful info...

All just general speculation that is vague enough and sounds plausible enough that it's likely going to be broadly correct.

Another useless attention whore looking to profit from the next-gen hype train.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a load of horse manure to me. Just a bunch of relatively safe predictions heard throughout the internet put in one place in the the guise of inside information.

Tickling

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I find it funny the targeting 4K 60fps that's a absolute bs statement. PS4 and Xbox one could be 1080p 60fps systems if you scale the game to meet the spec. The power is there to be used anyway the developer feels like. While most would prefer 60fps would you accept the compromises to make it?

Chalfonts

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
sounds reasonable enough

it should also mean that cross-gen games are a thing for at least 3 or 4 years after launch. Switch, ps4 and xbo owners should be well looked after

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lots and lots of speculation. Some sounds moderately believable considering a 2020 launch date. Some sounds a bit crazy but it gets the clicks I guess!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just reading about the 60fps focus tells you that this guy doesn't know wtf is he talking about.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Go crazy with visual fidelity eh? Someone tell this guy ray tracing doesn't come cheap.

Side note, most of the stuff does sound plausible or sensible as far as random guesses go.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Awwww, I love Julien and Carol, they are my favorite french YouTubers <3

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, half of it is this person "expecting" things. Nothing he says is stuff that hasn't been speculated already by most users, including BC and the fact it won't be that much more powerful than the Pro. VR aside you could basically write down the same thing for the next Xbox and it'd probably be true.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some strange contradictions in this list. All powerful and using powerful PC kits, yet don't expect a "stratospheric leap". 4k60 and full BC but architecture won't be radically different? Hmmm.

Seems like a fan boy click list. Until proven otherwise.

Maiar_m

Oct 26, 2017
France
For the record, here's what he said about the then NX in October 16, so much before the January 2017 Switch stream versus what proved true or false:

- Hybrid confirmed but not the only "surprise" | I don't know how to assess "surprise" here.
- He's been confirmed there are detachable controllers | True
- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV | Big false
- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game | Kinda true. Tech seems to point to downscaled portable mode, but in effect the same game.
- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level | Subjective but not that good, come on
- Ports should be easy despite the different architecture | Not that simple, depends on the dev, Rime wasn't good, Doom was another story
- Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX (duh) | Sure.
- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible | Kinda
- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying. | Not seen yet
- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games) | Of that list, only MK8 turned up. Tropical Freeze would count I think too.
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX | :D
- Platinum Games and Capcom are in | I guess, Bayo ports, Bayo 3, Street Fighters
- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too) | Rabbid was true.

So yeah, basically it's a rumor russian roulette. Take it as such?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This dude is the laughing stock of the french VG press, just like Gameblog is. Just saying.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who follows the french journalism world since a long time, this guy's a joke and the worst possible source to find.

He has never been reliable on anything of any sort. The kind of broken clock that can't even manage to be right twice a day.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Julien Chièze, ha.
Surprised we're allowed to make threads about him on era. He's a joke and a self-admited sell-out, the very definition of a "hack fraud".

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
  • Sony's technical roadmap wasn't completely ready when they talked to the devs about the PS5 but the technical basis is clear: 4K/60fps
  • Sony told devs to go crazy with visual fidelity and AI, as the console will be powerful enough to handle it
  • Don't expect a 'stratospheric leap' - PS5 is the continuation of what's been done before: more visual comfort but not a game-changing revolution - However, this will have advantages as to backwards compatibility or price
  • Chièze expects Sony to keep the €399 price (same as PS4 then PS4 Pro). Consumers are used to that price, would be logical
I really appreciate that he keeps contradicting himself just to really drive home how deep he had to dig to unearth this from his ass.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
List makes sense, I agree with all his points. 2020 sounds like the perfect time for a new console generation, would have plenty of time with my PS4 Pro.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
If the PS5 doesn't +hit 4K/60fps for most games, I'll be confused as to what the added value of this console is. Might as well keep selling the PS4 Pro...?

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
If the PS5 doesn't +hit 4K/60fps for most games, I'll be confused as to what the added value of this console is. Might as well keep selling the PS4 Pro...?

I believe that most of the people will be more impressed with faux 4K at 30fps with amazing graphics than the same graphics as ps4 at 4K 60fps. You can't have the Witcher 3 at 4K 60fps without compromise on a 1080.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017

Because even in 2019 / early 2020 the overwhelming majority of users will be plaguing on 1080p sets. They would shout "4k60" in the reveal and all most people will all is "what'll do for me in 1080p"

Obviously 4k targets have to be the goal as 4k adoption continues , but I think looking at 4k30 or whatever variable res shenanagins is more likely.

This whole leak is just a bandwagon jump anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.