• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Unless Sony makes 60fps a mandate, there will always be developers choosing for more graphics resources by just sticking it to 30 FPS.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
chièze is a known bullshitter
And these points are laughable :
  • Sony's technical roadmap wasn't completely ready when they talked to the devs about the PS5 but the technical basis is clear: 4K/60fps
  • Sony told devs to go crazy with visual fidelity and AI, as the console will be powerful enough to handle it
4k 60fps sure buddy.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want pretty much all of these things, but I very much doubt 4k60 is going to be a standard. Devs are too deep in the muh cinematic experience swamp.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
How reliable is this dude?

I'd say 5%. He likes big headlines ("Switch as powerful as PS4 Pro"), but he has ties with some french developpers (especially David Cage), so he's sometimes in the right when it comes to french games. Personnally, I don't like this dude, he was kicked from his website and became a Youtuber, you know what that means. He doesn't deserve any attention from an international website.

There's nothing concrete in his video anyway, only logical speculation from anyone.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is what sucks about getting closer to new a generation. We are like two years away from something releasing and already getting choke to death with info from the ass.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
that list is pretty safe, with a bunch of things change quickly disclaimers to cover all bases.

I want it in 2019.

only thing i'm not happy about is the insistence/belief in VR. i understand future proof'ing it but i wouldn't want it to be something that balloons up the price for consumers or that compromises its technical prowess in any sense.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All seems very reasonable and believeable.
4k/60Fps and 399€ target tho will make the console less powerful than many here anticipated or hoped for.

Double the power of Xbox One X at maximum.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Like others have said, that's a round-up of forum rumours/wishful thinking/educated guess. All this for the views.

So...

don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
This reinforces my belief of #Team2019. It makes the most sense to me. What he has said seems pretty realistic, although I am still doubting bc will happen. They make too much on remasters.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone who says 60fps is blowing smoke up your ass. There is no hardware for no amount of money that can guarantee any amount of FPS.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Lol @ 4k60. Sony have obviously found a way to get a GTX 1080 and some kind of powerful CPU into a box for £350. Seems legit.

Karamina

Apr 10, 2018
i remember when he say the Nintendo Switch will have a power between the PS4 and the PS4Pro, and Square Enix will publish Final Fantasy XV for the Nintendo Switch launch =)

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've no idea about this guy, but as a general commentary, ps5 related searches are probably 'up' on the back of reports from semiaccurate/kotaku, and there probably will be a lot of clickbait-y content in the next while trying to capitalise on that. So we should be careful. There's nothing really here that anyone couldn't write up.
Yep basically Tidux 2.0

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
the technical basis is clear: 4K/60fps
Sony told devs to go crazy with visual fidelity and AI, as the console will be powerful enough to handle it.

Don't expect a 'stratospheric leap' - PS5 is the continuation of what's been done before: more visual comfort but not a game-changing revolution - However, this will have advantages as to backwards compatibility or price

Doesn't that straight up conflict each other?

"Go crazy with the graphics and AI it will handle it, also at 4k/60fps as the goal............"not a stratospheric leap."

Games can't even hit a solid 30fps at 4k when running on the visual settings (IE God of War), so if it's not a huge leap I REALLY don't see how they could tell devs to go "Crazy" with the graphics and AI and then expect on top of that to get 4k/60fps.

Hell even TOP of the line gpu's/cpu's can't handle 4k/60 fps solid on new games or graphic intensive ones.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See that picture on the youtube video, of the nerdy dude looking into the distance? If I see some shit like that Im not clicking your video/

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally, I'm going to Paris next week to do press for my book! Maybe I'll get to meet this guy.

Everything I know about PS5, I put in my article. "Planned for fall 2019 but then pushed to 2020" was a rumor I heard buzzing at GDC, but the people I spoke to who would actually know firsthand told me that 2019 was unlikely. Make of that what you will.

I have no clue about specs, although on a personal note it'd be kind of a bummer if the next generation of consoles was as powerful as the GTX 1080 that's currently in my computer.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Incidentally, I'm going to Paris next week to do press for my book! Maybe I'll get to meet this guy.

Everything I know about PS5, I put in my article. "Planned for fall 2019 but then pushed to 2020" was a rumor I heard buzzing at GDC, but the people I spoke to who would actually know firsthand told me that 2019 was unlikely. Make of that what you will.

I have no clue about specs, although on a personal note it'd be kind of a bummer if the next generation of consoles was as powerful as the GTX 1080 that's currently in my computer.
Bless you for taking time to answer.

You're the real deal.

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
This is it's job as Youtuber to make such videos everyday.

He just compiles already known infos. He don't have any exclusive infos about the PS5, half is known and half is pure speculations.

Bullshit guy.

As i already said , PS5 and next Xbox are like PS4 and Xbox One , they are trying to race against the PC as always.
If you want to know what graphics will do PS5 just watch out for the best coming PC games in 4K.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for your input!

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They are pure speculation click bait at the moment.

November '19, 12GB GDDR5, non jaguar CPU's, £399 /$399, full back compatible vis-a-vis PS4/Pro sounds reasonable

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
'Sony told devs to go crazy with visual fidelity and AI, as the console will be powerful enough to handle it', and yet 'not a game-changing revolution'?

Uhuh, okay

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

Get dem Ubileaks.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I'm a french guy so we know well Julien Chieze here
I didn't like it at all during gameblog.
Now since 1 year he's independant on his youtube channel but he kept all his contacts.

And now he's very good.
And he said so much things about Switch that was true after all that you can trust Chieze (for now on).

It's not like Gamekult website full of hate and VERY politically on a side now, and just thinking about Dragon Quests and indie game.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a french guy so we know well Julien Chieze here
I didn't like it at all during gameblog.
Now since 1 year he's independant on his youtube channel but he kept all his contacts.

And now he's very good.
And he said so much things about Switch that was true after all that you can trust Chieze (for now on).

It's not like Gamekult website full of hate and VERY politically on a side now, and just thinking about Dragon Quests and indie game.
No he didn't. He was either spouting vague, obvious sounding information or was dead wrong.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was saying after E3 2016 that Switch will have a huge first year when everyone were thinking "switch will end like wiiU"
That's literally what I mean by vague, obvious sounding information. "Oh hey guys my uncle at Nintendo said the Switch is going to be the bestest console ever." He writes like he's talking to grade school students on the playground.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
He was saying after E3 2016 that Switch will have a huge first year when everyone were thinking "switch will end like wiiU"

On MP , i don't want to derivate topic.

How does that prove he has contacts ? He was also saying the switch was a match for ps4pro.

The dude knows nothing and is just jumping on the " I have next gen info" bandwagon while not actually saying anything of substance

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
The important question is, will it allow to control "smart" missiles?
We know PS2 did, and that was the basis of its success.

Bradwaung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm French as well (lol) and he's always been the laughing stock of gaming journalism. When he worked at Gameblog most of their info was from Neogaf. Since most French gamers didn't know what Neogaf was he could pretend he had "scoops". He's doing the same thing now, and since he has no boss and can even add some BS on top just for more views on his Youtube channel.

He definitely reads Resetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.