• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
That list is nonsensical in some ways and completely safe in others, like, BC and new VR capabilities are totally expected if you've been paying attention to patents, but when he says "4K/60fps" it puts major doubt on whether he actually knows anything. It's not that 4K/60fps won't be possible, it will be. The Zen-based CPU will be much, much more capable than Jaguar, but Sony doesn't normally tell developers they're building a 4K/60fps next-gen machine because it's always up to developers on what they want to target. Let's be clear here, Sony will NOT mandate 60fps for non-VR titles, so I can't take this Chieze guy seriously. You could make up that list after googling PS5 and regurgitating many other fake articles anyway.

BC will definitely be in, so I hope this guy doesn't suddenly become "credible" for stating such an obvious thing.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have no clue about specs, although on a personal note it'd be kind of a bummer if the next generation of consoles was as powerful as the GTX 1080 that's currently in my computer.

In a hypothetical closed box PS5 with a brand new spankin CPU and RAM combo, the GTX 1080 would do a hell of a lot more than it does in your current PC, let me assure you Jason

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
In a hypothetical closed box PS5 with a brand new spankin CPU and RAM combo, the GTX 1080 would do a hell of a lot more than it does in your current PC, let me assure you Jason

Not necessarily. The i7 that's likely in Jason's machine will still smoke Zen, and we have to consider thermals as well.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People are really desperate to move to next-gen. Actual gen is amazing and is just starting. There's only 5 years since.

Do you really want a new gen considering the time it takes to make a game in the actual one?

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... Not gonna really buy into these "leaks" after Jason's article basically said the opposite. That said, this isn't the first time I've seen someone mention the possibility of a Spring 2020 launch for PS5. I've just assumed that Sony would stick to their holiday plans, but the more I think about it the more a Spring launch makes sense. Especially with their recent strategy of releasing first party games around that time.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
People are really desperate to move to next-gen. Actual gen is amazing and is just starting. There's only 5 years since.

Do you really want a new gen considering the time it takes to make a game in the actual one?

Yes. The sooner developers can move to Zen-based CPUs the better for me.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017

PS1 and PS2 were 6 years and PS3 was 7 but the recession added a year.

That is why people say 2019 we will see a PS5 if it follows the trend.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
The bit about backwards compatibility doesn't make sense. They don't have backwards compatibility on a game by game basis, they don't have it at all just now.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This doesn't appear to have any information beyond what we already know, and all the other stuff on that list seem like safe assumptions. Will close this for now

Status
Not open for further replies.