• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
[NSW] 250k
[PS4] 245k
[XB1] 170k

PS4 has continued to overperform a lot of people's expectations but I feel like this is the first month in a while that Switch May edge it out. Still expecting a good month for all manufacturers in the end though.

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be surprised if Switch takes this month, but PS4's overperformance has really screwed me this year lol so I'm gonna roll the dice on Sony winning again. Of course, with how every system has performed this year I'm now expecting everything in the 300k range just to once again screw up my predictions haha.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
No idea what to expect from PS4 and Switch this month. Xbox will most likely be up YOY but a distant third, the other two are something else.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Just under 15 minutes left to make and edit predictions.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
XB1>PS4 this month, i'll go for that.

To be honest i think they'll be super close so i really won't be surprised whoever wins... but XB1 won't be just a "distant third", not this month at least imo.
To go from PS4 leading XB1 by >100K in June to XB1 ahead in July would be insane. Even a "small" gap is kind of out there.

Would require a massive drop for PS4 and an incredible hold for XB1, which I mean isn't impossible, just not something I see happening, even with Prime Day.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
To go from PS4 leading XB1 by >100K in June to XB1 ahead in July would be insane. Even a "small" gap is kind of out there.

Would require a massive drop for PS4 and an incredible hold for XB1, which I mean isn't impossible, just not something I see happening, even with Prime Day.

In the last 2 years, XB1 weekly avg was better in July compared to June thanks the prime day, so a good XB1 hold should be expected to me this month.

In 2016 even if June had really good deals, and the new XB1S model was coming in August, it was still flat / slighly up compared to June. Same in 2017, even with the annuncement of XB1X, it was still flat in weekly sales.

I expect a decrease of over 10% in weekly sales this year, so i'm not THAT optimist... As for PS4, we know it's been a while the console had stocks problems on Amazon, on a normal month that should not impact sales too much, but with prime day, the PS4 will miss a sales boost that will influence Switch and XB1 quite a bit... and also outside of Amazon, we know the whole PS4 PRO model had stock problems in some store. Plus, June had the days of play for 2 weeks, so that's another reason to expect a PS4 drop.

Like i said, i think they'll be close, between PS4/XB1 i really don't know who is gonna win. I'm just sure Switch will win by a good margin, the other 2 should be at least close...

But in August i think PS4 will beat XB1 by a good margin, so we'll see.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see how much Prime Day affects sales this month. I have no visibility to Amazon.

I know Xbox One had some great deals on there, what about PS4?

Oct 25, 2017
Damn still? I knew that was a thing for a while but figured it would be fixed by now

I think the PSN card situation has been fixed.

Actual PS4 games are a SHIT SHOW. With a capital S.

Like, you can't buy Spiderman. (or preorder actually)

Not the console, the actual game. Biggest PS4 exclusive of the year.

Consoles are a real big hit or miss. They'll get in a console for a hot minute, then it becomes "temporarily unavailable".

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
In the last 2 years, XB1 weekly avg was better in July compared to June thanks the prime day, so a good XB1 hold should be expected to me this month.

In 2016 even if June had really good deals, and the new XB1S model was coming in August, it was still flat / slighly up compared to June. Same in 2017, even with the annuncement of XB1X, it was still flat in weekly sales.

I expect a decrease of over 10% in weekly sales this year, so i'm not THAT optimist... As for PS4, we know it's been a while the console had stocks problems on Amazon, on a normal month that should not impact sales too much, but with prime day, the PS4 will miss a sales boost that will influence Switch and XB1 quite a bit... and also outside of Amazon, we know the whole PS4 PRO model had stock problems in some store. Plus, June had the days of play for 2 weeks, so that's another reason to expect a PS4 drop.

Like i said, i think they'll be close, between PS4/XB1 i really don't know who is gonna win. I'm just sure Switch will win by a good margin, the other 2 should be at least close...

But in August i think PS4 will beat XB1 by a good margin, so we'll see.
i do believe 2016 and 2017 were special circumstances that lead to those better weekly averages. 2016 followed a massive price cut in mid June in addition to a $249 drop for the 500GB bundles.

2017 followed a massively weak June which had a one week price drop, so Prime Day could be seen as the equivalent of that.

2018 had a multi week long price drop on both the S and X. I would be very surprised if July is around June in weekly average.

I'm not expecting PS4 to be close to XB1 in July. Down YOY, sure.

It will be interesting to see how much Prime Day affects sales this month. I have no visibility to Amazon.

I know Xbox One had some great deals on there, what about PS4?

PS4 wasn't sold on Amazon for awhile so it missed Prime Day.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the PSN card situation has been fixed.

Actual PS4 games are a SHIT SHOW. With a capital S.

Like, you can't buy Spiderman. (or preorder actually)

Not the console, the actual game. Biggest PS4 exclusive of the year.

Consoles are a real big hit or miss. They'll get in a console for a hot minute, then it becomes "temporarily unavailable".

That is crazy to me

Amazon in general doesn't have a huge share of new PS4 hardware sold anyways, but I'm surprised that they are that willing to just give up market share on it

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
please be patient with the amazon stock situation. as sales experts you might know that large stock results in a huge capital tie-up. amazon might be short of liquidity, so they have to reduce investments. one of the main reasons for the online retailer is of course the rising prices for cardboard packaging for amazon parcels due to the huge success of labo, as already predicted months ago.
and as the ps4 is the most expensive console it's no wonder that they are reducing supply here.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think pro's being out of stock all month would cause PS4 to possibly be 3rd in July rather than prime day. It was only a day of sales and Amazon alone doesn't represent a big portion of NPD totals.

Thread should be entertaining at least.

OP
OP

donny2112

Oct 27, 2017
Prioritizing Labo supplies resulting in Amazon having to cut back on boxes due to a cardboard shortage is just amazing.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
please be patient with the amazon stock situation. as sales experts you might know that large stock results in a huge capital tie-up. amazon might be short of liquidity, so they have to reduce investments. one of the main reasons for the online retailer is of course the rising prices for cardboard packaging for amazon parcels due to the huge success of labo, as already predicted months ago.
and as the ps4 is the most expensive console it's no wonder that they are reducing supply here.

You sir are amazing, LABO would be proud.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So what happened to the Mayo dude? I guess some told him to not share anything anymore which sucks.

OP
OP

donny2112

Oct 27, 2017
Leakers tend to start off low-key. Those who follow the threads know them, and anticipate their posts. Then as more people find out about them, it starts becoming a thing to call them out. "where's so-and-so?" Names start to become known. Someone puts out a Youtube video that looks like a motion picture trailer advertising the existence of the leak. Then it all comes tumbling down.

/CircleOfLife

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe he's posted since someone (for whatever reason said)
"I guess Mat's just okay with there being a leaker"

and Mat said "No."
and no more pork.
why poke the beast

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Ok...for July

Game hardware sales volume on a relative basis:

Switch: 1
3DS: 0.32
PS4: 0.71
Xbox One: 0.58
Others: 1.37

YoY:
Switch: +18%
3DS: -20%
PS4: -14%
Xbox One: +16%
Others: lol...~+1400%

Software side (physical only): Octopath Traveller was the top selling software title, followed by MK8 Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: BotW

oh wow. thanks <3