• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.mcvuk.com/business/july-charts-crash-bandicoot-returns-to-take-no-1

The dominance of Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is back, topping the charts this July after a strong weekly showing for the past five weeks.

Having seen fantastic sales on the PS4 after its launch last year, it returns to the monthly charts after its release on Xbox One, Switch and PC on June 29th. While sales on PC seem weak as these figures don't include digital sales, it has had a fantastic showing on both the Xbox One and the Switch, with sales of the Xbox One version of the title up 60 per cent last month.

Speaking of which, with the World Cup fever well and truly over, FIFA 18 has fallen from its top spot last month down to No.6 with sales down on all platforms, most significantly a 71 per cent drop on Xbox One.

Joining the charts is the dinosaur-business management sim Jurassic World Evolution, taking second place.

Octopath Traveller launches at No.9, having released exclusively for the Switch on July 13th to critical acclaim. Also debuting this month is Lego The Incredibles, taking the third spot.

God of War's sales figures finally seem to show signs of slowing down, falling down to the fifth spot, with sales down 53 per cent from last month.

This month marks another strong financial showing for the Nintendo Switch, which made more money than the Xbox One at retail for the third month running.

Top 10 games for the month of July:
  1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  2. Jurassic World Evolution
  3. Lego The Incredibles
  4. The Crew 2
  5. God of War
  6. FIFA 18
  7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  8. Mario Tennis Aces
  9. Octopath Traveller
  10. Far Cry 5

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see where Jurassic World Evolution can land on the July NPD, I'm constantly forgetting that game when thinking about the summer drought.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just because I always forget which ones do and which ones don't - is this chart physical only? Absolutely no surprise that Crash hit number one. There are Crash displays at the front of my local massive supermarket with every version of the game on it. When a game hits that 'supermarket board' level it's just gonna sell a ton to a whole new crowd who never step foot inside a game store. Same with music (see that Ed Sheeran record that was on every supermarket till line and petrol station for about six months and just never stopped selling). Turns out Crash got a fucking ton of marketing money behind it in the UK and they've smashed it.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
No GTA ?

It cannot be, as everyone on the earth finnally bought one ?

Not surprised at crash, great game wothna great reputation in the UK

Also octopath low doesnt surprise, low physical copies, lack of nintendo love in the UK.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Go Bandicoot! Did the PS1 classic games also make it into the top PSN spots, as per tradition?

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Crash also made it at the Top 10 NPD charts at #9, which is actually pretty impressive for a port coming out a year later.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one but old internet people like Crash though.

/s

So happy about the collections continued success.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
GTA 5 not being there is more of a surprise to me. I'm too used to seeing it on every list.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_o1oznp6eJv1u50xuco1_400.gif