• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people said the finals would be naito/ibush

The problem with that is ZSJ has fallen so low there's no way he can win. He's KENTA's last opponent, and I'd bet he spoils Kenta and locks him out. It ain't gonna be Okada, the current champ, or Tanahashi (the former G1 winner) either. Safe to keep your money on Ibushi unless he drops another 2 matches. His next 4 matches are Archer, Fale, Tanahashi, and ZSJ. Those are all winnable matches and he can walk into the final night with 12 points against Okada for the final night of G1 A Block.

Naito's much more of a question mark.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched Jericho's raw debut. Holy shit it's amazing how much his promo complaining about the products parallels with today's current show.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Alright it's decided

Naito wins the G1, beats Okada in the main event of WK for both belts

holds it for a year

then loses it to the winner of G1 2020

tenor.gif

BIG

tenor.gif

FUCKIN

giphy.gif

TOM

tumblr_pstppxM00J1qlqmd1_500.jpg

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Imagine not liking Tokyo Cyber Squad
D_52vGOXkAAseM_

This looks super badass, but...

I find it hard to get over the creepy dude stigma of watching an all-women's promotion like this. I saw that Bea Priestly is selling signed photos of herself in a swimsuit and in lingerie. There's only one fan that's for. Is it possible to watch stuff like Stardom and DDT Pro without running into the perv stuff and/or feeling like a perv yourself?

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

I find it hard to get over the creepy dude stigma of watching an all-women's promotion like this. I saw that Bea Priestly is selling signed photos of herself in a swimsuit and in lingerie. There's only one fan that's for. Is it possible to watch stuff like Stardom and DDT Pro without running into the perv stuff and/or feeling like a perv yourself?

Just watch Sendai, Marvelous, or Seadlinnng.

Or just accept that you should be embarrassed for watching wrestling. This is also just as healthy.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
It must be killing Rollins on the inside to see Ospreay get universal appraisal for wrestler of the year and numerous match of the year mentions every other week whilst he feuds with Baron.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It must be killing Rollins on the inside to see Ospreay get universal appraisal for wrestler of the year and numerous match of the year mentions every other week whilst he feuds with Baron.

WWE's ratings have been a bit better of late thanks to suggestions from USA and Fox. That's probably all he cares about. And Extreme Rules was good if not too quiet in the second half. Plus, he's going to put on a match with Brock at Summerslam that will hopefully be good. I don't remember the last time I loved a Rollins match. Maybe that one against Orton at Mania a few years ago. Mostly for the elevated RKO.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017

I watch stardom and ddt and don't feel like a perv. To each their own

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's been a little over 10 minutes into WOMBAT and there's already 3 matches done. All setting up later matches in the show it seems lol.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Wait, Dave Meltzer, as a mod/Admin on a board, used someone's real name in a thread on said board?

People called out VCR on there (and I guess on here too) as constantly being mean/unfair to Dave, so Dave posted a transparent threat to cancel his sub, but used his real first and last name when talking about him in the thread there when doing so. Came off like a blatant attempt to get his fans to harass both his anon twitter and his real accounts elsewhere, and I don't care about the "wrestling bubble" that's going to be used to claim he didn't know he was doxxing him, you know what you're doing when you spread that kind of info to a not-insignificant amount of people

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm catching up on some Stardom and Mayu's sell on AZM's Arachnarana is so good

Sick move but perhaps could go badly wrong if she ever botches it.

Stardom is crazy right now with all the title changes, especially the tag and trios titles. Haven't seen all the results but I assume Jamie Hayter will take the SWA title off Utami. I'd love for AZM or Starlight to take the Future title off her this year.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK

Just accept that you're a perv.

First off I wouldn't stigmatise the women or fans who sell/buy that merch of their own volition. People like half naked people, some people are comfortable selling that. In many cases it's a large source of income especially for independent wrestle ladies. It pretty much has no impact of the wrestling product, the exception being with DDT/TJPW that plays up nudity/sexiness for humour in both their female and male roster though their will be characters in other promotions that do the same.

Stardom (and TJPW to a lesser extent) are obviously worse with their company photobooks which muddies the consent as workers might feel like they can't say no. I justify it by my money not going towards that shit and rather towards supporting the wrestling as it's not present in and has no role in the actual product. If actual workers came out and spoke against it or how the company mistreated them I'd drop my support, but the only thing I've heard workers in Stardom speak out against was Nanae who's long gone.

Clearly the worst parts with minors appearing in said photobooks. I largely think the major issue's systemic as in that shit's legal and even normalised in certain parts of Japanese culture, which doesn't excuse Rossy at all or the people who buy it. At the same time buying/boycotting isn't going to have any effect on it happening and I genuinely see things like companies being involved with Yakuza or buying technology that depends on child labour or companies owned by people who make large contributions to the Trump campaign as causing far more harm than incredibly creepy photo shoots parents for some reason are ok with if you're worried about the ethics of companies. Though I think everybody who supports whatever company does so to see the performers they like succeed and make livings for themselves doing what they love rather than their cash going to carny owners even if they get the lion's share.

If you feel really uncomfortable ending money to a company don't do it. Just keep in mind nobody here subs to companies because they want to support the shitty things that they do and there are other options out there. EVE and Marvelous are the best (though Marvelous can be a weird place to start watching joshi due to the lack of English and belts) as you're able to pay for relatively regular uploads and you can sub to Sendai's pivot share for their backlog (though they only seem to upload on their free Youtube now)

Just watch Sendai, Marvelous, or Seadlinnng*

*If you're okay with attempted murder

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Watch it. The wrestling the great.

Status
Not open for further replies.