• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
hello friends. It's July, which means one thing: Independent's Day is coming.

David Starr has a thing planned. After he reveals a new shirt design or something, you can watch GCW return to the backyard! This'll probably be a fucked up and weird, and it'll stream on Fite.tv on July 4, 2pm PST.

Two days later, New Japan Pro Wrestling's big tournament, the G1 Climax, starts with a big show in Dallas. There will be a proper, more detailed thread for that coming soon, and the rest of the schedule can be found on NJPWorld.

July 13 has the next All Elite Wrestling event: Fight For the Fallen. All of the proceeds will be donated to victims of gun violence, and will be streaming for free on B/R Live on 7/13, 7:30 EST. Here's the card so far:

Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie
Kenny Omega vs. Cima
Cody and Dustin Rhodes vs. The Young Bucks
Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian

Hot off a Vice documentary and viral pool wrestling gifs, DDT also has a big show on July 15, streaming on DDT Universe! Here's the card.

DDT "WRESTLE PETER PAN 2019", 15/07/2019
Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

0. Hotel Saint Inn Kurashiki Presents Exhibition Match: Kota Umeda Vs Keigo Nakamura
0. Nihon Partner Kaikei Services Presents Tokyo Joshi Pro Under Match: Rika Tatsumi, Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino Vs Natsumi Maki, Yuna Manase & Himawari Unagi
1. Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Iino & Mizuki Watase Vs Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Nobuhiro Shimatani
2. Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi Vs MAO & Mike Bailey
3. DNA First Life Alumni Match: Kazusada Higuchi & Ryota Nakatsu Vs Kota Umeda & Kouki Iwasaki
4. Super Joshi Pro Wars 2019: Saki Akai Vs Yoshiko
5. Windmill Suplex 2nd Generation Vs Taiho 3rd Generation: Hideki Suzuki Vs Yukio Naya
6. Dramatic Dream Match: Shinya Aoki Vs Danshoku Dieno
7. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Time Difference Battle Royal: Toru Owashi (c) Vs Kurochan Vs Shiro Koshinaka Vs Furitsuke Kamen Vs Joey Ryan Vs Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Makoto Oishi Vs Antonio Honda Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Mad Paulie Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Hiroshi Yamato Vs Pokotan Vs Yuki Kamifuku
8. O-40 Title – Weapon Rumble: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Super Sasadango Machine
9. DDT Extreme Title: Akito (c) Vs Asuka
10. KO-D Tag Team Titles – Souken Holdings Presents: Daisuke Sasaki & Soma Tako (c) Vs HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano
11. KO-D Openweight Title – BLACK OUT Presents: Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs Konosuke Takeshita

Aside from the backyard wrestling show, GCW has events in Brooklyn, Tennessee, Nashville, and NJ all this month. They're all gonna stream on Fite.TV

D6Fkk-rWsAg65g3.jpg

D6p0XFHXoAYi3Gw.jpg

D6eP44BX4AItEOt.jpg

D-LA9coW4AEIB-J.jpg

If you want more ULTRAVIOLENCE, WWE has Extreme Rules on the 14th, I think.

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
I have a real sick interest in how this GCW Backyard Wresting show turns out. Maybe it's due to my time as a yarder in the late 90's/early 2000's, but, yeah! BRING ON THE WEIRD!

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I can't get over how Extreme Rules is still a thing. When was the last time that moniker actually meant something in WWE?

I bought that stupid Backyard Show because I need to know.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celebration of independence without discussing Evolve?!
evolvewwenetwork.jpg

image_(1)--127a4e92886935ab0b372080dce5e196.png

Look at the health of the indie scene as exemplified by this card.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Question, do DDT shows archive right away on their service? I wouldn't be able to see this event live, unfortunately.
generally yes, but there has been times where stuff disappears for a few days to a week due to errors, etc

Peter Pan last year took longer to get up because they needed to edit out nudity from the main event

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
generally yes, but there has been times where stuff disappears for a few days to a week due to errors, etc

Peter Pan last year took longer to get up because they needed to edit out nudity from the main event

Nice, thanks! Guess I will keep an eye out during that week to see if it's posted/stays posted and subscribe to watch.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Speaking of shows of the year, here's my Wrestle Queendom 2 review:
D-Yg2VwXYAEjXBs.jpg

D-YzdpBXsAE6Hhm.jpg

OEDO TAI FOREVER (when Tokyo Cyber Squad isn't there).

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
What if the Librarians are meant to be bad on purpose

like ironically

The whole concept was introduced on BTE as a gimmick that Cody & the Bucks knew was bad but were being forced to do by Tony.

I feel like a lot of people either don't know or have forgotten that part.

EDIT: Doesn't change the fact that it's actually shit, though.

Last edited:

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Voices of wrestling teasing something

The stories they usually break are contract related. Stuff like finding out a deal is running out sooner than we would expect, somebody privately signing an extension or the discovery that someone has been working without a contract and could be up for grabs if there was demand for them elsewhere.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
lol that Elgin shit was wild last night

For those who missed it, it seems like TNA told him to clear the air so they wouldn't get so much hate when they give him their world title next week, so he posted a bunch of shit about his infamous situation and how actually he was the good guy in it, and it got so much hate immediately he deleted it

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I like observer radio a whole lot, but I think the Granny show is by far the best. Bryan was so proud of his new WWE book coming out and Granny just buried it. "I took it to lunch with me to read and almost fell asleep"

lol that Elgin shit was wild last night

For those who missed it, it seems like TNA told him to clear the air so they wouldn't get so much hate when they give him their world title next week, so he posted a bunch of shit about his infamous situation and how actually he was the good guy in it, and it got so much hate immediately he deleted it

They hired a scumbag, not sure what they expected. I mean, whatever you believe about that situation, we found out about the earlier one because HE PROUDLY NARRATED IT ON THE KEVIN STEEN SHOW.

urgh

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Big Shuji & Big Joe are going to the UK to fight some jabronies

you brits better go see them

D-ZFn76XYAAPoQ1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.