• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
And gave them tons of leeway. Let them do the Elite thing as part of the show, let them use Okada on All In, let's Kenny use New Japan talent for the first CEO, let them do Ladder matches, triple threat matches...etc. I'd feel disrespected if you do all that for someone and them not only leave but base the company on something New Japan let them get over, based off the success of a show they lent them talent for. Like they even stole some of Wrestle Kingdom press cycle by announcing their new company days before New Japan's biggest show of the year.

You cant steal a press cycle and that is traditionally when contracts expire.

New Japan profited off all of this. Its the risk you take when running an entertainment company with short term contracts. It just is what it is.

This attitude is what led to WWE focusing on building their brand instead of stars. It is kind of a weird way of looking at things to me.

Like, Jericho didnt screw WWE when he went to NJPW. Neither did Moxley. The Elite guys leaving when their contracts were up to do their own thing is perfectly fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question when is the last time the Forgotten Sons won a match

Was it the Dusty Classic

Edit: Wait I found it, last TV win was April 10th. lol

I do find it funny that Blake started off in a heel tag team with go away heat only for them to break up, Blake vanishes for years, and then pops back up in another heel tag team with go away heat

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean it pretty much had one.

The Elite reconciled in San Fran, the Tongans told them to go to hell... then they became the only Bullet Club and the end of the story was Jay White joins as leader with Gedo and Jado
As far as NJPW was concerned the Elite were also still Bullet Club. It was only the Elite guys saying otherwise. If that was the ending it wasn't satisfying and it wasn't clear on NJPW's end.
Thankfully they only signed contracts for a year and they're up in a few months I think.
Probably up at the end of the year. Maybe Cobb ends earlier but Bandido signed in mid December. Cobb did sign a few months earlier though so maybe his is up soon but he seems to like NJPW.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Taichi is great. Hope he wins his block.

SecondaryGivingDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like people oversimplify the ROH relationship a bit too much with the "Just drop them and partner with AEW." stuff. NJPW and CMLL being partners and AEW and AAA being partners would make for a complicated situation, and I really doubt NJPW wants to drop their partnership with CMLL. So if they dropped their partnership with ROH, their options are basically TNA, MLW, or just don't have a US partner. I can see why they might not be jumping at the chance to drop ROH.
This is something I've said here in the post yet people decide ignore it and continue their "but but just drop ROH it's that easy"

Politics ain't easy, ROH is a CMLL partner too, CMLL plays a big part in the NJPW system, some of their stars were pretty much made thanks to them. I doubt dropping ROH for a company that's partnered with CMLL's direct competitor would inspire any kind of confidence at CMLL offices no matter how worthless ROH currently is in terms of product value added.
In their eyes it's tradition, loyalty, and long term vision versus short term profitting and long term risk

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
When did Tachi become this community's gimmick?

I remember it happening, and happening aggressively, but i can't quite remember when it picked up.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
AEW has:

- Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks
- Weekly television on TNT

ROH:

- Ruined your big MSG show with some of the worst matches and angles I've ever seen on a big show
- Has like 4 talented wrestlers on contract, none of which are booked strong
- Is dogshit yet can't draw flies
- Drags down your entire promotion by association, the NJPW shows coming up in USA that will NOT feature ROH talent is a selling point

yes the break up was nasty in January but that's the situation as it is today. eventually the stench of ROH will be too strong for New Japan to bear, I think.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Taichi is great. Hope he wins his block.

G1 Climax B Block's future:

Taichi squashes Cobb
Oh, you better believe Taichi squashes Goto
Taichi squashes Ishii
Hahahahaha you already fucking Know Taichi squashes Moxley
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Taichi squashes Naito, 10 seconds maximum
Taichi drinks Juice
Taichi squashes Shingo
Taichi folds up the Switchblade
In a very close contest, Taichi barely escapes Toru Yano

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you people wanting NJPW and AEW to reconcile just chill until we get PCO in the Dome?

Edit: The fuck?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
G1 Climax B Block's future:

Taichi squashes Cobb
Oh, you better believe Taichi squashes Goto
Taichi squashes Ishii
Hahahahaha you already fucking Know Taichi squashes Moxley
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Taichi squashes Naito, 10 seconds maximum
Taichi drinks Juice
Taichi squashes Shingo