• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone needs to see the ASUKA light tube match from Peter Pan. The hype is real with her.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah I decided to get around to marathoning season 3 of Stranger Things which went through Raw so I watched the condense version instead. That Bray Wyatt return was dope as fuck. Also lol at Corey's saying Truth should of tried a small package and Renee losing her shit as Cole fumbled his words trying not to laugh.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is a shame WWE is so creatively bankrupt, Becky was a huge star coming out of Wrestlemania and now she is just like every other woman on the roster.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix

Shayna shouldn't leave her computer unattended when Trevor Mann comes over.

A Ziggler/Miz feud.

In 2019.

The Miz needs it. He has done a great job getting over as a babyface with the absolute dogshit they've been giving him since pairing him with, THE BEST IN THE WOOOOOORLD SHANE MCMAHON, he has been the sacrificial babyface geek more than once when they needed someone to get squashed. He has to stay strong enough to sustain his reality show and if they bury him anymore then his value in direct to video action movies goes down. Let him kill the stand-up comic to get some wins. (If he loses this feud scratch everything I said.)

Lmao at Natalya saying Lexi sucks. That's a bit harsh, I don't think it was just her who was terrible in that match. Can't remember the last decent Natalya match and she's trained by one of the greatest wrestling families ever.

Natalya's match with Ronda was one of the best matches of Ronda's run.

Nikki Cross has been damn near ruined by the teaming with Alexa. No has given a shit about Natalya in the ring for years, and Alexa Bliss was never anything special.

If the end game here is a double turn it'll be great. Give me Nikki turning on Alexa and subverting expectations and then give me Broken Alexa who learned the power of friendship but is now alone. Alexa's a great, natural talker and their current format of no wrestling during commercials can be used to mask a lot of Alexa's gaps and showcase her strength. (mic work) Double turn, TV feud with one eventual blow-off match on pay-per-view and they both come out stronger. Nikki's wild and crazy gimmick does unhinged and menacing well. It would make sense and be fun if she was a heel. Alexa has a natural babyface story with her eating disorder.

Followed! Thanks. Was super intrigued after seeing them on the AEW show. Tons of personality and potential in both performers.

If you are willing to tumble down an even further rabbit hole, Riho, from the other tag team has been wrestling in a promotion called Gatoh Move. It's great. I've been casually consuming it for awhile but have really dug in recently and of the three promotions, TJPW, Stardom and Gatoh Move I may find it the most satisfying right now. All three are GREAT.

They really do a terrible job at minimizing Bliss' weaknesses and highlighting her strengths

Shame really

This. Give me babyface Alexa.

Who the fuck is Matt Taven?

A man who wrestles well in exactly one promotion. His work everywhere else is bad. He is so hated by the three dozen people of still watching ROH that he might be emblematic of the final fall of that promotion.

I see we're at the next iteration of ooops I shouldn't have been so angry when Charlotte was getting pushed.

I think people who get mad at Charlotte pushes come in two varieties. There are the people who struggle with the overall state of the women's division and the failure to try and build people as needed. (Not having a big heel ready for Becky after Mania.) Then there are the people who buy into Charlotte's booking. Charlotte comes out and says something about being superior, being a legacy and how she is the company favorite and people just let themselves get worked not realizing that while there may be some element of truth to that at this point a significant percentage of it is a work because Vince knows it draw heat. Just like the whole 'Brock hates wrestling' thing.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People waited in meet and greet lines for Becky overnight because of Ronda? Becky's M&G at Axxess for Rumble and Mania sold out in less than three minutes because of Ronda?
The Ronda stuff is the reason she became the star. I mean without Rhonda Becky's facing Charlotte or somebody and she doesn't come anywhere near the star.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Hope Ospreay neck isn't too bad and he can continue in the G1. Hopefully he can take it easy with the next couple of matches and heal up. Lets see his next opponent is............Ibushi............fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
She became bigger but , she doesnt become the star until the rhonda stuff

If we want to be reductive and lay Becky's ascent as the feet of one person then it probably needs to Nia Jax. Bloody Becky is the only legitimately iconic moment on Raw in years. But it wouldn't be prudent to do that as ascribing Becky's ascent to a single contributing factor is reductive and misses a whole bunch of stuff.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Akito has named Ikemen Jiro as his next challenger for the KO-D Extreme Title.

So we know who's winning that one.

(Spoiler: It's not the guy that's headed to WWE.)

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
tN5IShi.jpg

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I must say, Moxley stealing a Young Lion, adopting him and calling him shooter might one of the best wrestling storylines in the past 5 years.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm into the idea of TJPW International title but unsure how it'll actually end up working.

Fuccck

I wish I had planned my Toronto trip better

D_ZaigQXkAAEoDR

Flammable D
mattsdl
This is just going to prepare you for Japan where no matter when you're there cool matches happen the day before and after you arrive.

Has everyone cool finished watching Peter Pan?
Wasn't able to watch the whole show but it's been really good so far and Asuka vs Akito was fucking amazing.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Natalya is getting a Summerslam match. Ughhhhhhhhhh.

People I'd rather see in that spot: Asuka, Kairi, Ember, Sonya, Mandy, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Nikki Cross.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Asuka and Kairi may not even make Summerslam. Their title match against the IIconics is tonight on Smackdown.

WWE may be setting up Nikki and Alexa getting the tag titles despite it being an absolutely horrible idea. It doesn't help that Alexa is STILL melting down on twitter/instagram over the incident and burning any good will she may have had with the audience.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
slowly catching up on a years worth of new japan and kushida feeling dead ended to the point of going off to get buried by paul & vince fuckin sucks

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Becky was one of if not the most popular women on the roster consistently since she won the Smackdown championship despite how terrible she was booked are that or how long she spent in the void. She was always a huge star with huge fan backing but they refused to do anything with her. That's the sole reason the shit with Charlotte and everything beyond that elevated her to being the most over women they've ever had.

I don't know what to think to be honest. I've always liked that there's only been one singles title in TJPW so I think this is a little unnecessary. Only Miu, Hiakari, Kamiyu, and Yuki are the only non-rookies who feel like the the Puri Puri Championship is out of reach for them right now.

Not in this place friend.

Arisa vs Tam was straight fire. The Stardom match of the year so far for me.

Easy MOTY so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.