• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys is there a good alternative podcasts to Bryan and Daves recaps of PPVs and tv shows? I had to cancel my sub after finding out that the board was being moderated by an open homophobe and racist and Dave and Bryan knowing and not caring.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys is there a good alternative podcasts to Bryan and Daves recaps of PPVs and tv shows? I had to cancel my sub after finding out that the board was being moderated by an open homophobe and racist and Dave and Bryan knowing and not caring.

Can you link me to the thread? I'm a member.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you link me to the thread? I'm a member.

I cant login to the board anymore but heres a screenshot, and there are many more posts like it from him, i contacted dave and bryan, they didnt care, i also made a thread about it and was told no one should be demodded for a "political slant". So many "centrists" in the thread attacking me and defending him. So I left. I can see how being anti-marriage equality can be considered a "political slant" but not sure how the post about black people is one.

Crapgame13 is the mod

UEnYx53.jpg

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I cant login to the board anymore but heres a screenshot, and there are many more posts like it from him, i contacted dave and bryan, they didnt care, i also made a thread about it and was told no one should be demodded for a "political slant". So many "centrists" in the thread attacking me and defending him. So I left. I can see how being anti-marriage equality can be considered a "political slant" but not sure how the post about black people is one.

Crapgame13 is the mod

UEnYx53.jpg

Wtf. Do you have Dave's and Bryan's response? That doesn't seem like them.

Do you recall the thread's title?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It's about damn time that Hangman got to do a proper promo, and I thought it was great

Tully is an interesting choice to be a manager, and they can play up the Dusty/4 Horsemen history

It's also a good move that this episode was posted on AEW's official YouTube channel instead of Cody's YouTube channel (like all of the previous Road To episodes).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Tony Schiavone repeatedly saying "We" during the AEW Control Center segment was interesting

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I like how he came across as somewhat sympathetic when Mayu talked about her home life and Rossy being willing to take her in when she abandoned her home town. Only for Fuka in the next segment to say the only reason Rossy took Mayu in is because she saw her making a lot of money. His comments about AZM being bad because she acted like an adult and not kawaii was infuriating because she was killing it with her promos at the time.

I didn't find the host too bad about dramatising it. He defiantly pushed it as the only topic he really had with AZM/her mom but they both said they're more concerned about the quality of her matches and he didn't try to take it further.

The only issue I really had was the way the Act incident sold as being Act not respecting the senpai/kohai relationship, but it later came up that Rossy brought it up of his own volition so I assumed the interviewer was clueless about the incident when it came up.
Yeah, the owner definitely comes across as a scumbag, only the kind that has an inoffensive appearance. My issue isn't that the host dramatized it but that he wasn't more critical of it other than through narration. Overall, I feel the documentary was critical of Stardom but still kind of tried to be "neutral" and non-confrontational. Yeah, AZM's mom is a real piece of work and the girl is clearly being exploited by Rossy, among other underage girls. The Act incident was pretty damning too. I definitely don't want to support Stardom after watching that.
Infuriating stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Eh, I didn't read her mom as being a piece of work. It seemed like they were there to ignore what Rossy or the fans wanted and just focus on the wrestling? I also think her being exploited (outside of how they're all exploited for Rossy's profit which is obviously worse for those under 18) in that regard is a stretch because she was clearly ignoring what Rossy wanted and it's not on the documentary but she had a huge amount of support from Fuka.

To be honest it alleviated some of my worries about the company e.g. Rossy genuinely seems detached from most of the talent and the only reason Mayu lived with him was due to her homelessness.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So they announced the main event for Takeover Toronto

Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano for the NXT Title Two out of Three Falls

But it's basically a Three Stages of Hell match. Cole will choose the stipulation for one fall. Gargano for the another. Regal will chose the stip for the third fall.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

But it's basically a Three Stages of Hell match. Cole will choose the stipulation for one fall. Gargano for the another. Regal will chose the stip for the third fall.

gargano picks submission only, cole picks no DQ for his posse to help, regal picks...err... la-ladder? I dunno >_>

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Gable/Gallagher was great. Fuck those fans chanting boring because they did a 10 second rest hold.

TJPW show was average outside of the main event. Yuki Aino impressed me. LOL at Nodoka biting Saki.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Gargano is gonna pick a regular singles match because he's a geek.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Dont be a coward regal, you know what to choose...
cage.jpg

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Gable/Gallagher was great. Fuck those fans chanting boring because they did a 10 second rest hold.

That match is comparable to any of the G1 matches so far. In fact, if it was placed on the B-Block show, it could've greatly stolen the show; it was that good.

God, I hope Gable gets out if he truly wants to blossom creatively as a performer. That dude is wonderful.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I didn't read her mom as being a piece of work. It seemed like they were there to ignore what Rossy or the fans wanted and just focus on the wrestling? I also think her being exploited (outside of how they're all exploited for Rossy's profit which is obviously worse for those under 18) in that regard is a stretch because she was clearly ignoring what Rossy wanted and it's not on the documentary but she had a huge amount of support from Fuka.

To be honest it alleviated some of my worries about the company e.g. Rossy genuinely seems detached from most of the talent and the only reason Mayu lived with him was due to her homelessness.

Watching that documentary I got the impression Rossy was more detached than anything else. All he cared about was the money. If that meant putting Mayu up for a while at his place because she'd more than pay him back? So be it. It was more of a gross pragmatism, but certainly nothing within the realm of the McMahons working with KSA, or the disgusting contractor stuff.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dave & Brian are terrible and for some reason people keep avoiding that conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.