• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone going nuts for Bray Wyatt, and Impact's had Killer Cross going like...

25uQXYN.gif
Impact has always been underappreciated round here even though it's easily the 2nd best American promotion and has been for months

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So they announced the main event for Takeover Toronto

Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano for the NXT Title Two out of Three Falls

But it's basically a Three Stages of Hell match. Cole will choose the stipulation for one fall. Gargano for the another. Regal will chose the stip for the third fall.

This seems like overkill but it's also gonna be cray

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I legit think this whole Rollins thing is a way to get Roman over by comparison

Really? Is this a bit? You think Vince orchestrated the subtle burial of Seth Rollins? "Go out there kid and deliver this lukewarm promo with uneven emotion and do a mediocre TV match! We gotta position Roman for a megapush 9-12 months from! SUCH GOOD SHIT!"

Vince is not subtle. He is a craven, transparent reptile. When he buries someone he has them rubbing their ass all over ring because of itch powder. When he wants to bury the competition he loans out all his marquee developmental guys to a (historically important and co-opted but totally) shitty indie fed and then broadcasts the special. Vince thinks other countries a base monoliths that will clap for anyone from their own country if they have a show there. Vince thinks telling people problems are solved every three months and massaging the data in earnings reports solves problem. Transparent shit.

He is not going to engage in the 'subtle' burial of Seth Rollins. If he wanted Seth buried then Seth would come out to Becky's music, give him some weird angle in a cuck storyline and then have compete for and fail to get the 24/7 Title. For good measure Truth would call him "Other Hornswoggle".

If Vince wants him buried it won't be 3D chess. Seth didn't get over as champ because his first feud sucked, bizarre rules around matches on TV, leaning on the popularity of his cooling girlfriend and Seth being a B+ promo.

No. Not yet, my friend.

Not until he's at the commentator's table.

Marvez must go!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Gable/Gallagher was pretty good. My only complaint for the whole thing was Gallagher doing that delayed suplex strength spot immediately after Gable had spent two minutes working over his leg. Other than that I really enjoyed it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer says that due to fan pushback, Chris Charlton will be getting his regular commentary role back

After answering a question about what fans should do on the 7/16 show, both New Japan and TV-Asahi were flooded with correspondence regarding Charlton's role. New Japan was always behind him but the outside forces who made the decision, in seeing so much reaction, made the call on 7/17 to have Charlton back in his former role starting with the shows this week

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
TV Asahi backflipped on Charlton

The situation is that TV stations have this idea of voice and look for announcers and Charlton doesn't have the traditional voice that they would expect. He's more a guy with incredible historical and trivial knowledge of New Japan that would appeal to hardcore fans, and NJPW World, in English, is a pure hardcore fan service.
After answering a question about what fans should do on the 7/16 show, both New Japan and TV-Asahi were flooded with correspondence regarding Charlton's role. New Japan was always behind him but the outside forces who made the decision, in seeing so much reaction, made the call on 7/17 to have Charlton back in his former role starting with the shows this week

Oh lol, I hadn't watched yet >_<

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says that FOX is working on getting NXT onto TV

FOX had a summit meeting on 7/17 talking to the affiliates about the fall schedule. They spoke about WWE and these were the key points in the presentation. Smackdown will be airing 51 weeks a year on FOX. It will be preempted for the World Series (although it may move to FS 1 that week). There will be a one-hour launch show in late September to build to the 10/4 debut at the Staples Center to introduce the WWE and its talent to the FOX audience. FOX is in talks about getting NXT onto television. While not said, I can definitely see NXT on FS 1 head-to-head with AEW. It's kind of a no-lose situation for WWE. If the ratings are close with NXT on a weaker platform, it's a blow to AEW. If NXT does significantly better, yes they did beat WWE but again, are on a stronger station and they only beat the developmental brand. Plus, if it siphons viewers from AEW, even 10 percent, it accomplishes the goal.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Sad that it sounds like WWE aren't taking alcoholism seriously :(

Also no wonder Gabe is so happy. I assume the Table for 3 was watched so much due to Jeff :(
The most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network were:
1. Table for 3 with Hardys and Shane Helms;
2. WWE Extreme Rules;
3. Evolve 10th anniversary show;
4. ECW Gangstas Paradise 1995;
5. WWE Chronicle: Ricochet;
6. WWE Then and Now: Hardys;
7. NXT from 7/10;
8. WWE 24: Batista;
9. NXT U.K. from 7/10;
10. 205 Live from 7/9

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if NXT goes to two hours if it moves to FS1

Lord knows they have the talent

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Extreme Rules ratings actually match up somewhat favorably with Fight for the Fallen. They didn't get up to the level he gave to Omega/Cima 4.5 but didn't have anything as bad as he gave Avalon/Sonny Kiss and Brandi/Allie. Can't believe Taker/Reign vs Mcintyre/Shane got 4 stars. Wouldn't have called that before the show. Though neither of them really match up to the G1.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Austin Theory gained around ~2,100 new followers on Twitter this week. He has 7,946 followers in total now

Book him while he's hot!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Also from the Observer:

There was a report that Harper is going back on the road. If that's the case, it's a secret since key people in the company don't know it, nor do those close to he say that he's heard a thing. He's pretty much been told nothing since the decision was made not to use him in early April when Vince didn't like his match with Dominic Dijakovic

Last edited:

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Luke is smart enough to understand that Vince McMahon not liking him is nothing more than a compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.