• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No other details have been shared as of yet
20_kane01.jpg

20_kane02.jpg

20_kane03.jpg

20_kane04.jpg

20_kane05.jpg

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that is totally Evil Hit. Like... well.. Evil Emperor Hit. Cause Hit is an assassin, and assassin's aren't good guys typically.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had had any other famous shonen jump mangaka do the original characters and artwork for this game. I like Toriyama but his character designs are repetitive and tired at this point.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Lol, Toriyamas design process when making a new character is just to make a trifusion of every other design hes made.
Looks like Hit, Baby, and Cell got blended together and that came out.
yet-another-trifusion_o_4481921.jpg

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Way to go out on the ledge with an original design, Toriyama.

The man is way too stuck in his ways, he can't not make a generic Dragon Ball character.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Purple skin, bald, golden armor, the final boss of a big crossover story...

This is literally just Toriyama making a Toriyama-ized fanart of Thanos.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This only makes me want Meruem into this game, either like a boss or as a playable character

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren ?

Is it the skin color. Calling it Jiren like?

Or people have vague recollection of Jiren

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Consistently overrated.

Consistently salty. lol

Everything Toriyama makes nowadays looks pretty much the same.

Its like he can't draw unique characters anymore

Toriyama has like 3 character designs huh?

Look at his original designs for Dragon Quest franchise, Jaco and DBS in the 2010s to see if they look the same and aren't unique in many of the characters he made in that period.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I wish they had had any other famous shonen jump mangaka do the original characters and artwork for this game. I like Toriyama but his character designs are repetitive and tired at this point.

To be fair, it makes sense. Oda is busy with OP (and did characters for World Seeker anyway), Kishimoto is presumably working on something new, and Togashi...yeah.

I guess Kubo might not have been busy.

Plus I think Toriyama's name carries the most weight in the West, and this game's clearly made with a worldwide audience in mind (crazy that we're at that point for Jump crossovers).