• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Could you elaborate on this please? I'm finding it difficult to pull depth out of this game like I could with arena fighters like Dissidia NT or Xenoverse 2, let alone stuff like a Gundam VS

What am I missing here?
Well for one, the depth of true combos far exceeds any of those games. Even on a beginner level, there are several viable rudimentary combo strings based on your team formation. Then there's Smashes versus the regular strings/launchers which serve as mix ups which can give you the opportunity to teleport behind the opponent if timed properly. You can maximize your damage more optimally if you swap between rush, launches, and smashes rather than just button mashing which often works well with most characters in XV2.

Also unlike a lot of Arena fighters like XV2, you can't be too offensive or spam supports because they can be easily countered and punished. There's a ton of defensive options at play. Counter attack vs counter dodging offer different windows of response, and can be an easy way to punish spamming or regain your ground if timed properly. There's side stepping and vanishing as well that take less effort but have more of a drawback. Rushes and gap retreats are all universal instead of being specific to certain characters, and there are three modes of entry you can utilize upon tagging out. There's a lot more depth to the game than just being another button masher.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Even though this game got no hype here (not even an official OT thread lmao) and bad reviews all around I still have the feeling Bandai will refuse to put it on sale. I might've been tempted to buy it for half price or a little lower...