• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Today at Brasil Games Show, Saint Seiya characters, Seiya and Shiryu are being added to the Jump Force roster.

Also for those lucky to get an invite, the closed beta starts tommorow, see the timing below
DpF0WGPV4AAZB8N.jpg
DpOqahoW4AA_ORX.jpg

ICYMI: Golden frieza and Blue Vegeta are in the game as well (as transformation)

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
smart of them to show Saint Seiya/CDZ characters during BGS, CDZ was huge here

i will never forget the cheesy angra intro song

ps: the characters are seiya and shiryu both in their default armour and the gold armours they get later

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Shiryu is a really unexpected surprise considering previous Jump games. Even Ultimate Stars only had Seiya as a playable character. His inclusion pretty much guarantees I'll buy this game now.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, my only experience with this was when it was called Knights of the Zodiac and had a cover of "I ran" as the intro theme.

I really am not that familiar with a lot of jump properties. (My only one piece experience is the 4kids dub)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised it took so long to make the thread. I guess just goes to show not many here are hype on Seiya which is sad. It's a classic on the level of DBZ, and does a lot of things better imo

The first character is Pegasus Seiya and the second is Dragon Shiryu btw OP.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Aha, I've been wanting more Saint Seiya characters in games since really enjoying the Dimps made title a while back. Won't be getting this, but neat all the same.

They honestly look really good in this artstyle - maybe the best fit I've seen.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
y'all asking for basic (thanks jason schrier) shit

wheres cassius
or marin

or kassandra from ac odyssey she's a zodiac knight too right

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
Seiya will never be the same without Toru Furuya and Jesus Barrero(Mexican voice actor).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Based on the Japanese Beta these characters are in: Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Luffy, Zoro, Blackbeard, Naruto, Sasuke, Seiya, Ichigo, Rukia, Gon, Hisoka, Yusuke and Toguro. You will also be able to pick a selection of custom avatars to fight as well.
Have they shown any pictures of the custom avatars? I wonder what they're doing about the style of their faces.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks good to me. Wondering if the single player content will be great enough

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
"Saint Seiya" and "videogame" in the same sentence is usually bad news but hopefully this won't be the case for once.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Starting to come around on this game just on the basis of the roster. So long as this ends up being at least an okay fighter, I'm probably gettibg this.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Stop. Only gonna make me even more salty that Shiryu got in over Hyoga. Ikki or Hades would have been better secondary reps since they could serve as the villian esque characters, but Shiryu being here just makes me want all four of the bros playable.
Same, hyoga is lowkey best character from saint seiya.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This game looks mighty interesting but I just cannot get behind its artstyle. Who da fuck thought the idea of "realistic" anime characters was good?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not that interested in the game, but the last one had Hinata from Haikyuu in it, so I'll assume he'll come back and will get a character intro video too? yes/no/maybe?

EU perspective: I think Saint Seiya was broadcast in France and Spain (maybe Italy too)? Definitely not in Germany at least. I had a French colleague that always brought this up though.

Oct 25, 2017
The way this game moves is so cool, but it looks soooo bad. I get wanting to have a unified art style, but they went with the worst one possible.

If they ever make a public demo, it could end up convincing me.