• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. She has a couple of friends down there (Shayna, Dakota), but you never really see her hanging out with anyone, and she'll sometimes go days at a time without using social media either. Fans have trouble connecting to her because she has so many walls up around her life. She's possibly the most anti-social joshi WWE has signed.
I blame Rossy.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just woke up to blood, vomit and british yelling of the wrestling associated sort.

I honestly have no idea if some type of bad news or whatever happened last night but after the amount of vomit and bloody vomit I just scooped up and dealing with worried neighbors, it better not be WWE related.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I wonder if Io's expectations could have been based on Kairi's feedback given Kairi seemed to love it in Florida and was loved by everybody there? I could see her being demotivated though. She went from being known as the best woman wrestler in the world with a huge amount of accolades and went to achieve things she couldn't do in Japan like having a dream match against Charlotte. I'm not sure losing at PPVs in a relatively dead division then playing second fiddle heel to the horse women was what she had in mind.

I'm not sure seeing Kairi get called up then vanishing off TV for over the month helped either.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hell yeah, Brighton is looking good.
D9X5ELIX4AAlMn_.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Io's expectations could have been based on Kairi's feedback given Kairi seemed to love it in Florida and was loved by everybody there? I could see her being demotivated though. She went from being known as the best woman wrestler in the world with a huge amount of accolades and went to achieve things she couldn't do in Japan like having a dream match against Charlotte. I'm not sure losing at PPVs in a relatively dead division then playing second fiddle heel to the horse women was what she had in mind.

I'm not sure seeing Kairi get called up then vanishing off TV for over the month helped either.
I dunno. I don't get the feeling she's a mark-ass mark for herself.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
New blog post from Io: https://lineblog.me/shirai_io/archives/1708933.html

She outright trashes Orlando in it. Says there is nothing to do, and while the population density is better in Orlando than Tokyo, there is a lack of activities compared to it (Tokyo). She also makes a remark about the astounding lack of variety in sushi there as well. Saying the only really affordable kind is salmon. Anything else is too expensive.
She's not wrong but also...
Laying some ground work.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

The whole horsewomen thing is probably what soured her. A lot of people are completely over Shayna's reign, and combine that with the fact that Jessamyn and Marina are utter trash at pretty much everything.

It's really fucking telling when fans are significantly more excited for Io vs Candice (a non title match that will likely be taped for TV) than Shayna vs Mia Yim (which is the NXT Women's Championship match at Takeover).

She's not wrong but also...
Laying some ground work.

Io's blog usually isn't in kayfabe mode.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I dunno. I don't get the feeling she's a mark-ass mark for herself.

I don't necessarily think she's a mark for herself. it's just important to consider that she came in with a different reputation and pay grade to any woman they've ever hired (even Asuka) and she was pretty vocal about why she wanted to leave Japan so I could see he having higher expectations. It's not unfair to say both Asuka and Kairi were doing much better in their NXT careers by this point.

Last edited:

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I don't necessarily think she's a mark for herself. it's just important to consider that she came in with a different reputation to any woman they've ever hired (even Asuka) and she was pretty vocal about why she wanted to leave Japan so I could see he having higher expectations. It's not unfair to say both Asuka and Kairi were doing much better in their NXT careers by this point.
Agreed. The root of the problem is Triple H not seeming to learn that Shayna's reign has gone on long past its expiration date. It doesn't fucking help that her matches all follow the same exact formula/layout either. His obsession with MMA and its 4HW are absurd, especially considering Jessamyn and Marina were both complete nobodies.

He's protecting her to an insane degree, even though it won't fucking matter once she's on the main roster, because Vince will get bored of her within a month or two and she'll end up on WWE Main Event in 50/50 booking with Sarah Logan or Dana Brooke. Meanwhile while she's down in NXT, the division is seriously damaged.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
The whole horsewomen thing is probably what soured her. A lot of people are completely over Shayna's reign, and combine that with the fact that Jessamyn and Marina are utter trash at pretty much everything.

It's really fucking telling when fans are significantly more excited for Io vs Candice (a non title match that will likely be taped for TV) than Shayna vs Mia Yim (which is the NXT Women's Championship match at Takeover).

Io's blog usually isn't in kayfabe mode.
I know but still it can play in with the heel turn because Orlando does indeed suck.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Like maybe its just me who thinks this, but...

It seems like they are grooming Io to be a big time heel in the division. The problem is that as long as Shayna is around, Io will never reach that top heel role because Shayna will occupy that slot. Because again, Triple H feels like Shayna needs to be front and center in the NXT Women's Division, despite all of the harm it is causing.

Basically Shayna is a ceiling across the entire division, and its crushing every the potential of every other woman in the division right now, face or heel.

Oct 25, 2017
Shayna being on top isn't making anything bad in NXT, it's building her. They're building her and keeping her (ha ha) strong for a good reason. She has a unique look, her offense looks legitimate, and she's not being booked to shitsville. She's a huge star right now.

The people complaining about Shayna sound like people upset Flair kept the NWA championship back in the early 80s

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd just like to say I took zero shots at Shayna. I was just coming from where Io was and what she said about why she went to the US.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I may not have watched any weekly NXT in yonks thus already making this thrilling take basically null and void, but I can't help but feel that pointing the finger at shayna being on top as the divisions main issue is more like the inverse of the actual problem. Which is to say it kinda seems more like they fail to book those around her in an interesting way as opposed to overbooking Shayna herself.

Between unspoken rules like only one ladies match at takeover allowed and trying to balance the few reliable hands alongside the green geeks while NXT UK siphons most of the stronger signings, this is the case where I'd actually point the finger at the booking for the whole division being a bit naff.

Outside of the exterior factors from her work in other companies, I never felt like NXT gave me a reason to be like "heck yeah Io!", she just kept jauntily jogging down to the ring pointing at a mask while Mauro's all like "DID YOU KNOW NIGEL THAT SHE IDOLISES REY MYSTERIO, GENIUS OF THE SKY", Mauro I love ya man but I swear you belted these quips out every match like its WWF Smackdown Just Bring It.
And that's top tier compared to Candice, with the mighty gimmick of Johnny's wife.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Shayna being on top isn't making anything bad in NXT, it's building her. They're building her and keeping her (ha ha) strong for a good reason. She has a unique look, her offense looks legitimate, and she's not being booked to shitsville. She's a huge star right now.

The people complaining about Shayna sound like people upset Flair kept the NWA championship back in the early 80s
Comparing Shayna Baszler to Ric Flair is a take I didn't think I'd see today.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Shayna is ok and she's been on top for an absurd amount of time. Even Bobby Roode didn't stick around as long.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
My issue isn't with Shayna's wrestling. It's with the booking surrounding her. She should have lost the title long ago. People like to compare her to Asuka in terms of dominance, but the problem here is that Asuka's dominance was in a division full of geeks/weaker talents. Where Shayna is going over women who deserve the spotlight just as much as she does if not moreso.

This may be an actual hot take, but I feel like if Shayna had no ties to Ronda, she wouldn't be on top of the division right now.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that they're waiting for Duke & Shafir to improve so they can call all 3 up at the same time. I doubt Shayna wants to stay in NXT forever.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I get the feeling that they're waiting for Duke & Shafir to improve so they can call all 3 up at the same time. I doubt Shayna wants to stay in NXT forever.
Yeah and that's not looking like its gonna happen any time soon. Duke and Shafir are absolutely terrible. There absolutely has to be a point where they have to decide enough is enough and move Shayna up on her own. Hell, with Sasha being gone from the company, there is no reason to keep Shayna down in NXT anymore unless they plan to run Becky vs Lacey for another 6 months or whatever. Because the MMA vs WWE 4HW angle is dead.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Like I should be excited about Dakota's impending return, but I know that she's going right back into the wood chipper that is the NXT women's division. Shayna's reign has killed most of my interest in NXT.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent my week so far watching Stardom's 2018 Korakuen shows. I'm up to the Cinderella tournament now and I think I've reached my galaxy brain take...

Was Dragon Gate joshi all along?

The units, the name branding of the titles (Open The *Blank* Gate/*Blank* Of Stardom), a vague lucha flavour here and there, group dancing, that one wrestler who wants to do deathmatches, some appearances of the Mid-Breath logo, Iwatani's theme sounding a lot like Kotoka's 1st song...

Have I gone mad?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wtf is escape from la

why is there no escape from the 6 on summer slam weekend

janela you sicken me COWARD

OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
wtf is escape from la

why is there no escape from the 6 on summer slam weekend

janela you sicken me COWARD
If you can only do a few events before being locked down to the big leagues, who'd pass on doing an event in a beautiful SoCal summer

Have fun watching the stars of wXw and PROGRESS though!

Status
Not open for further replies.