• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to say again that it's unbelievable WWE never did a main roster PPV in the UK since the network launched.
Too many grapple fans there, not enough sports entertainment fans.
source.gif

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I got some free Roman Reign socks from a Fox event here in Denver.

Gonna rock these at the gym. Big Dawg status.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
AEW are probably going to do something dumb for the womens title like a battle royale, aren't they?

Hate that they seem to be in a rush to crown champions.

Oct 25, 2017
I love Rusev, but I don't think he's going to be a breakout star if he went independent. I love you RuRu but you gotta remain a joke.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave mentioned in the Observer that Andrade is no longer unhappy in WWE. Thinks that could have an effect on WWE's recruitment of Rush.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
AEW are probably going to do something dumb for the womens title like a battle royale, aren't they?

Hate that they seem to be in a rush to crown champions.

Battle Royale would be even dumber than having a one-night tournament at All Out.

Just wait until TV starts to have a tournament.

Oct 25, 2017
If he doesn't actually bother to reinvent himself, he's fucked.

Wearing new tights and getting a haircut while still coasting on the ten hand sign fan pops isn't going to cut it in the long term.
Yeah, he had a real opportunity to reinvent himself on some level, but he clung to the old shit, so I don't have much faith.

he coulda upgraded to 100

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's kinda hard to gauge how rusev will do. He's very loveable. But also his most over gimmick was something that Aiden English came up with.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think if theres anyone thats going to get over as a meme in AEW, its Micheal Nakazawa.

BTE did its job. He was over as fuck in the battle royale.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its pretty hard to be unhappy when you're in love with Charlotte Flair, I would think.

She's pretty great.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

Reika's so cool

Also she mentioned she's coming to Chicago next month, I guess some Anime Con is having her Deadlift Lolita thing lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Imagine hating the fact that your favorite wrestler potentially signed a new deal with a company you don't like, that you take it out on said wrestlers kid.

Well, as fan, I cannot force her or tell her what to do nor do anything to change her mind, but I for sure can be unhappy about it and voice my dissatisfaction.

On an unrelated note, I hope that kid never decides to follow in their mom's footsteps once they grow up, cause I'm always going to resent them.

Context: There are unsubstantiated rumors that Asuka may have signed a new deal with WWE back in 2018. It would provide financial stability and security for her family. Keep in mind AEW was still very much an unproven asset at the time, and the indies are always risky (financially) when it comes to women's wrestling.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Oh no, it's clear. I mean what applicability does it have here?
It's showing that the wrestling fanbase is pretty terrible at times and somehow reaches new lows every so often. The guy went on to try and backtrack and say he hates ALL generational wrestlers because "they all get rocket pushes and all the chances in the world".

Please ignore Ted DiBiase Jr, Manu, Cody Rhodes (while in WWE), Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that a number of twitter tastemaker types were all "ugh, britwres trash in mah precious DDT", when Brooke's involvement only seems to have sparked a ton of interest.

Anywho, watched some TJPW. My faves are Misao & Saki-sama because they have THE LOOK. Also, impressed with Shoko & Natsumi. Oh, and what happened to Nodoka?! I miss the cute little song and dance bit.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that a number of twitter tastemaker types were all "ugh, britwres trash in mah precious DDT", when Brooke's involvement only seems to have sparked a ton of interest.

Anywho, watched some TJPW. My faves are Misao & Saki-sama because they have THE LOOK. Also, impressed with Shoko & Natsumi. Oh, and what happened to Nodoka?! I miss the cute little song and dance bit.
Misao #1

Nodoka changed her gimmick because she wasn't really happy with the children's host thing. If I'm not mistaken, it was given to her and she wanted a character of her own that she thought was cool

I really like the look of it but I definitely miss the Ping Pong Pang. Seems like the ninja sisters are going to start feuding with Saki/Misao and all of the Misao/Nodoka stuff has been great

If you aren't aware, Misao was actually a gimmick change too. She used to be Hyper Misao, a Yano-esque superhero character (her match with Jun Kasai last year was delightful) but she gave into the darkside and has become the best thing in the company at the moment

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Nodoka changed her gimmick to something that's more like herself.
She wanted to challenge herself and make sure people don't just like her because of her singing and dance gimmick.
Takagi gave her the character in order to bring more kids into TJPW (which didn't work either, lol).

Here's an article if you want to read more about it:

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen an outsider like Brookes take to DDT and impress the management so quickly since Generico. If he can do more tours for them he will benefit so much from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.