• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
with the chairshot thing and the PAC "creative differences" nonsense it seems like AEW is trying to do some weird new worked/shoot kayfabe dirtsheet bullshit, Meltzer scoop fans rejoice

also that Charlie Morgan retirement is tragic. from an accident in a filler comedy match no less. awful

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It didn't even really register at the time but having MJF come out to show how much of a shoot something was on your second show ever is pretty silly.

OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna have time to watch Fyter Fest til late tonight, bouncing straight from work to see some hardcore. Guitarist of the main band Fury is the guy behind the Suburban Fight shows

Show sounds like it was really good!

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't even really register at the time but having MJF come out to show how much of a shoot something was on your second show ever is pretty silly.

Yeah on BTE he pretends to be best friends with Cody whilst treating everyone like shit. Like Cody thinks he's a good guy because he's always nice to him. So it was definitely in character and pretty funny. Though I still have reservations about them doing BTE related stuff on the main product as not everyone watches it or follows it.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
In the long run, how sustainable is it to incorporate stories from their youtube video series to a weekly televised wrestling show?

I watch like, every other BTE video so some of the MJF stuff I just didn't have any context for.

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah on BTE he pretends to be best friends with Cody whilst treating everyone like shit. Like Cody thinks he's a good guy because he's always nice to him. So it was definitely in character and pretty funny. Though I still have reservations about them doing BTE related stuff on the main product as not everyone watches it or follows it.
I've never seen BTE and have no intention of ever watching it, so MJF coming out was quite odd to see. It actually pulled me out the show and had me wondering if I missed something. I assume most of the BTE storylines will be absorbed into the weekly show with supplemental shenanigans left for youtube.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Half an hour until RISE Pride and Joy!

fullsizeoutput_5419.jpeg

Hosted by Nyla Rose and Sonny Kiss!

-Cassandro El Exotico vs. Mercedes Martinez
-The Guardians of Rise Tag Team Championship match: The Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havock & Nevaeh) (c) vs. Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox) vs. Almost Paradise (Dust & Courtney Rush)
-Joey Ryan vs. Double D Rose
-Shotzi Blackheart defends the Sabotage Wrestling War of Genders Championship in an open challenge
-Through the Door And More match: Jake Atlas vs. Priscilla Kelly vs. Jamie Senegal vs. Big Mama vs. ? vs. ?

-Kimber Lee vs. AQA
-Miranda Alize vs. Candy Lee

On PPV on FITE for $10 https://www.fite.tv/watch/rise-pride-and-joy/2ovzx/ Proceeds go to the Center on Halsted, the Midwest's most comprehensive community center for LGBTQ people of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why is nick bockwinkel refreeing a medusa vs asuka match in all japan women???

He was the representative of eight US promotions that were supposedly merging their women's titles with the WWWA belt, so Lioness could retire as the greatest women's wrestler in the world. Also, he was known for being a supporter of women's wrestling, as the AWA sent a lot of women's wrestlers over to Japan in the '70s, and he and Billy Robinson caused quite a stir accompanying the AWA women to shows and watching them from the crowds at a time when Japanese male wrestlers were very dismissive of the joshi scene.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He was the representative of eight US promotions that were supposedly merging their women's titles with the WWWA belt, so Lioness could retire as the greatest women's wrestler in the world. Also, he was known for being a supporter of women's wrestling, as the AWA sent a lot of women's wrestlers over to Japan in the '70s, and he and Billy Robinson caused quite a stir accompanying the AWA women to shows and watching them from the crowds at a time when Japanese male wrestlers were very dismissive of the joshi scene.
wow didnt know he was a big supporter. It just caught me off guard seeing him as a ref. I guess it makes sense cause the women in AWA was a prominent spot in the company where everyone else in the states didnt take them seriously or was non existent.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I dont know how people enjoy stuff like Mox and Janela but even that is safer than chairshots to the head.

Khan saying it won't be on TV doesn't solve anything because stuff like that shouldn't happen. Ever.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think I would like The Dark Order more if I didn't know they were called Super Smash Brothers before this. I can't take them seriously.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That part of it was likely a bit since he's a leech to Cody on BTE
Thats because it wasn't.

MJF is a huge Cody sycophant.
Eh, it's not really a shoot. MJF has said he's best buds with Cody for months. It's part of in-canon story.
That explains it, I kinda stopped following since the Road To shows started. It feels less fun when it's the guys running the company and not a bunch of wrestlers making funny backstage segments at NJPW shows imo.
Yeah I've had those worries too, luckily it's only been small stuff like this so far so I mostly am keeping up. The Librarian stuff is bad and confusing for me though to be fair.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
On the Wrestle Queendom front, have to say how loudly I lost it for Laura DiMatteo beating Jordynne Grace again, as a long enough time Laura stan to where I'm pretty sure I saw her first ever match

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Private Party were great in the ring yesterday, but that promo video of theirs on Road To Fyter Fest needed to be either a bit snappier or five minutes shorter. It did the job of introducing the two of them, had a bit of style, felt like it reached a conclusion and then just kept going.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Blow Me or Don't Text just put out another Twitter statement out of nowhere

Like, you were past it you dumb dumb, you were back on TV and no-one cared

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Watching Charlie retire at my first live event was fucking heartbreaking but otherwise Queendom was a fun first show for me.

The meet and greet was a little iffy because it started and ran way late. We pretty much had someone tell us just to get autographs and move on by the time we were up (was near the back of the line) so it was pretty rushed and I didn't really want to slow things down by getting any merch. The best part of it was seeing Millie and Charlie teach Yuu how to say PISS. The worst part was I got sweat in my eye prior to meeting Kagetsu and it stung so much I was literally crying when I said hi to her. Otherwise Jamie was super cool as despite the rush she went out of her way to have a conversation, and Arisa did a super high pitch "death, death, death Yama death!" chat due to my shirt. Also I got to tell Erin her match with Kris was amazing which was my main goal during the meet.

Yuu vs Nightshade was a solid opener. No big mistake, lots of heavy hitting offence (holy fuck is the ring loud when you're sitting now to it), Yuu chops, and a top rope Sunset flip. Also after laughing at people missing high fives from the comfort of the internet I get no response to my high five attempt.

Karma stikes again and I flub 2 high five attempts with Laura. This was one of my favourite matches of the night. It's a great speed vs strength contest and Laura looks like she murdered herself with an attempt cross body attempt into the wall that was Jordan Grace. Di Matteo constantly gets into position for her submission but Grace Powers out. Grace's Michinoku Driver is the scariest thing I've seen in person until Laura hits her Tombstone and locks in her submission straight after the kick out. Huge response for Di Matteo and a fantastic match.

Mercedes Blaze has one of the best looks on the show, her entrance gear really sets her apart from the roster. Wrestle Friends are the best and Medusa Complex are twats. It was cool to see Erin and Jetta's more serious side, Millie and Charlie are still huge twats, and The Collective don't feel like a third wheel. The focus of Erin's flying was great and it ended with a solid feel good finish.

Watching Mayu vs Kagetsu was a religious experience. Didn't even know Stardom would be involved when I got my ticket yet alone get to see my most wanted match live. I think it suffered a little when the 15 minute time limit was announced because you knew what it would be if you watch Stardom. Though despite the fact they didn't really stray from routine they're such fantastic performers the match was still stunning to see in person. Kagetsu hearing the bell then still going for the Oedo Tai Coaster and holding Mayu down for the crowd to count to 3 was a nice touch.

The Charlie announcement fucking sucked. I kind of expected the worst when she said she didn't have a return date, but it still hit hard. She's a huge loss to the scene given how young her career was and the fact she was probably the premier woman in Brit wres. I fucked up a high five with Chalie, I'm never attempting to high five again.

Arisa vs Roxxy suffered because of the mood. It was one of the matches I was most looking forward to but it probably ended up being the least memorable. Still, there was some good stuff from Roxxy doing a joshi roll-up into a footstomp and Arisa's strikes were fucking ridiculous to watch from 5 feet away. Felt sorry that Arisa didn't get a standing operation like the last three matches. Rossy having to use a chair to get in the ring right in front of me was hilarious, no dignified steps into the ring for the creep.

Su Yung vs The Session Goth was probably the best surprise of the night. I wasn't expecting tinny kendo sticks, Martina bleeding a minute into the match, chairs, tables, ladders, drink offs, weird giant baby cameos, staplers, doors, armies of undead brides, thumbtacks, and elaborate chair structures but we got them! Su Young also gives zero fucks about tossing shit into the crowd.

The 3 way was another of the strongest matches on the card. Just a really well put together 3 way especially with the shock Utami elimination. I don't think cameras really do Utami justice; it looks like she's fucking trying to kill people with her shoulder tackles and STO's in person plus the hardest looking strike of the night for me was her double clothesline with Jamie. Nina's just an absolute human piece of shit and she's great. Jamie's a fucking top tier perform in every regard, probably the best on the night, she's got her offence under lock now (replacing the double knee Falcon Arrow she never landed with a Knee Brainbuster and Stomp was smart) and is easily the most charismatic member of the roster. Crowd went nuts when she managed to beat Nina.

We finally get some comedy in the main event which is welcome after such a serious card. When things got going everything Viper does feels lethal. I have a huge bias against Canadian destroyers but there were still some other fun spots. It was good to see Viper win the championship (albeit for a short period of time) before moving on. I don't think it was a best match of the night but it was a nice sendoff to the two long term roster members.

All in all a great show. I didn't get any pics because I was way to anxious thought the entire day, and on that note thanks to matt for getting me there!

Status
Not open for further replies.