• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm not particularly high on Darby Allin after last night, but that was my first exposure and Cody made him look like a geek so maybe it's not fair

Darby goes to a time limit draw with one of the top guys in the company in his debut is the opposite of making him look like a geek. This isn't WWE where debutants have to go on a winning streak to get over. Remember that time Zayn lost to Cesaro on his debut in NXT and was instantly over?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho in WCW was the best short lived tag team in history.

Prove me wrong.
alright
latest

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Darby goes to a time limit draw with one of the top guys in the company in his debut is the opposite of making him look like a geek. This isn't WWE where debutants have to go on a winning streak to get over. Remember that time Zayn lost to Cesaro on his debut in NXT and was instantly over?
Darby is tossed around like a ragdoll for 20 minutes, occasionally bites Cody's fingers, would have decisively lost if it wasn't for the time limit, and is instantly forgotten for the post match angle more like

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, he didn't really do anything for like 30 mins

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what the obsession for intergender wrestling is all about.
Wrestling is fucking fake, let people wrestle who they want no matter what their gender is. It also helps to make the talent pools much much deeper and produces matchups that'd otherwise be impossible

Now, I don't understand what the obsession against intergender wrestling is about

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished watching the Cody match, and man the chair shot to the head was so dumb. They said he didn't have a concussion, but you can still have symptoms for months. I have post concussion syndrome from a car accident from January. I'd sit him out for awhile but $$$.

Also is it just me or does AEW look really cheap compared to WWE? Hopefully things are better for TV.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Wrestling is fucking fake, let people wrestle who they want no matter what their gender is. It also helps to make the talent pools much much deeper and produces matchups that'd otherwise be impossible

Now, I don't understand what the obsession against intergender wrestling is about

I don't either but it doesn't surprise me. Lots of people are still pissed about Nyla being in the women's division because of her size and strength advantage (but probably because they are either transphobic or take wrestling too seriously). There was a bigger size difference between Mysterio and Big Show.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Just finished watching the Cody match, and man the chair shot to the head was so dumb. They said he didn't have a concussion, but you can still have symptoms for months. I have post concussion syndrome from a car accident from January. I'd sit him out for awhile but $$$.

Also is it just me or does AEW look really cheap compared to WWE? Hopefully things are better for TV.

The chair was gimmicked. My understanding is that the chances of a concussion were slim to none. Either Cody was out of position or Spears didn't make contact right (or both) so Cody got sliced.

Status
Not open for further replies.