• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
don't worry guys we're gonna get to the bottom of this

AR-308049392.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Not even Simon Miller was willing to give The Librarians segment on the preshow an up.

Damn. Thats when you know you fucked up, that dude will give anything a thumbs up.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I vote for Juliger. Because I miss Owensisnow and also Liger's last year.

JuLUGER. How you gonna have the month of 4th of July, celebrating America and not feature LEX. LUGER.

3mb_lexluger2.png

Lex will save our thread title from the evil Japanese man like he did against Yokozuna the 90's

One quote = 1 prayer

amen, god bless

-LL

lex-luger-21lex-express0008-1373223879.jpg

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, fair game to TNA. They made women's wrestling amazing back when WWE was peak divas, and they still don't get enough credit for that. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull this off too.
They dont get credit because it mostly has to do with how they ran the division to the ground. overbooked the beautiful people, refused to pay gail kim so she left for WWE (the money she wanted was the same amount they paid jenna morasco... yeah.) Then they ran out Kong, put men as knockout champion. There is more. But yea, they had a great women's division but they destroyed it at thee end.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They dont get credit because it mostly has to do with how they ran the division to the ground. overbooked the beautiful people, refused to pay gail kim so she left for WWE (the money she wanted was the same amount they paid jenna morasco... yeah.) Then they ran out Kong, put men as knockout champion. There is more. But yea, they had a great women's division but they destroyed it at thee end.

True enough, sadly. It's a damn shame too. They had it all with young, original talent. I really do hope AEW stays the course.

Hey come on Kong was her own fault because of the Reby stuff.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I must've missed this but lol

Removing the tryhard bullet club nerd shit is a good thing at least

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Also, watching the OSW recap of that era of TNA sort of illuminated that it was pretty dogshit with women and sort of fumbled into having that division

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, watching the OSW recap of that era of TNA sort of illuminated that it was pretty dogshit with women and sort of fumbled into having that division
samoa joe, LAX, MCMG, women's division, gail kim vs awesome kong. most of the things that were hot in TNA they fumbled upon. They just ruined them when Russo "wrote" for them. sigh... stop making me relive TNA guys, thinking about how much talent this company wasted is making me depressed/angry.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I have no idea what the obsession for intergender wrestling is all about.

Occasionally, intergender matches can be really good. Though this isn't always the case (Veda Scott and Asuka/Kana have some pretty good intergender matches), the best intergender matches tend to be the ones with bigger women IMO.

For instance, years ago there was a wrestler named Hailey Hatred. She was really good altogether, but her intergender matches used to be great because her physicality was intense.

To me, they are just like any other match style, some people are good at them, others aren't.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Come on Bronx friend, noone wants to see Jinder Mahal vs Bliss.
Liking intergender matches doesn't mean you'll rave about any man-woman matchup out there. Bad wrasslers are still bad wrasslers.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Bigger music crime?
AEW changing Yuka's theme or ROH dubbing over Suzuki's for the stream?

One of these themes is good. The other is ironically good. RoH remains the worst.

Just finished watching the Cody match, and man the chair shot to the head was so dumb. They said he didn't have a concussion, but you can still have symptoms for months. I have post concussion syndrome from a car accident from January. I'd sit him out for awhile but $$$.

Also is it just me or does AEW look really cheap compared to WWE? Hopefully things are better for TV.

Compared to smaller shows, absolutely not. And AEW at least has fucking pyro.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orange Cassidy vs Kylie Rae is one of my favourite matches of the year. When the match-up is good, I don't personally think it matters what gender the competitors are, and if you can buy Mysterio beating giants then you can buy a woman defeating a man. Also, it's pro-wrestling, it's not a fight - there are rules to mitigate physical disadvantage, if properly paid attention to. No closed fists, for example.

OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa.... never thought I would see FURY mentioned in a wrestling thread
I've only heard the new record but the show was pretty sick

Guitarist is the guy behind these shows. I've been to a few and they're a unique fun time

I must've missed this but lol

Removing the tryhard bullet club nerd shit is a good thing at least

hell yeah, now I can just say Bullet Club sucks without any qualifiers

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a true believer that legit pushing indergender wrestling as something good, fun and normal would actually help narrow the gap between genders in a bunch of aspects, it means more exposure and bookings for women, potentially better pay (which the indies desperately need), and would overall improve/increase the development of female wrestlers.

Having said that, this is all from the persepective of a man, so maybe I got my shit wrong and/or I'm being naive on certain aspects of how women get treated in the wrestling industry and I'm open to be educated.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Before the July Wrassle thread is up one last fun thing.
Kawato San in CMLL on excursion got a belt.

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
Whoever is doing the OT for July, I suggest this, "SHHHHHHHHHH" because that gimmick sucks and would be annoying to look at for the next 30 days.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Did someone post the Chris Van Vliet Interview with Jimmie Havoc here? It's so good. Super entertaining and Hovoc comes off like a grat guy. Even talks a bit about Osprey on Twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
The Elite vs Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid felt like it had 0 story telling to it. It literally just felt like 6 guys put together choreographed spots and just hit them for pops. Which I get is fine, people love that stuff and it gets the Twitter GIF fans, but it just really kills the vibe for me in a match.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Elite vs Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid felt like it had 0 story telling to it. It literally just felt like 6 guys put together choreographed spots and just hit them for pops. Which I get is fine, people love that stuff and it gets the Twitter GIF fans, but it just really kills the vibe for me in a match.

giphy.gif

AEW is perfect friend, it's the best wrestling ever in the history of wrestling.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
samoa joe, LAX, MCMG, women's division, gail kim vs awesome kong. most of the things that were hot in TNA they fumbled upon. They just ruined them when Russo "wrote" for them. sigh... stop making me relive TNA guys, thinking about how much talent this company wasted is making me depressed/angry.
It was a black hole for great talent. People I liked would go there. I'd give it another shot and it would be unwatchable nonsense.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... You're watching a promotion with 0 TV. The only reason Cody vs Dustin worked is because they're brothers. I didn't like Omega vs Jericho, but at least they had over a year of history from NJPW. That Lucha Bros match is this kind of half-baked feud like everything else in AEW at the moment. Laredo Kid just popped out of nowhere. Until they get TV and have storylines going you're going to get little if any storytelling.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Can't tell if you're trying to do a bit, or not but yeah I"m not going to just drink up those kind of matches because FIGHT FOREVER type shit. Fenix is talented, Omega is talented, those matches can be a lot more than they are.

no bit, I agree with you, and I think theres major rose tinted glasses syndrome going on with AEW just because of the hatred towards WWE. People out there saying AEW is the best wrestling in the world, when I havent seen anything remotely close to NJPW, or even NXT tbh (oh no the horror). And let's not forget people defending the unprotected chairshot to the head. But hey, opinions I guess.

And I actually liked that tag match heh. The Mox vs Janela hardcore shit did nothing for me tho, but those never really did anything for me in any promotion.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fuck that Charlie Morgan news really sucks :(

Hope she can recover long term, not to wrestle, just so it doesn't give her issues when older. This shit ain't worth it.

I think about people like NIkki Bella with herniated discs and cysts on the brain and neck surgery and shit then think about guys like Dragon Lee, Janela, Kodaka, Takeda, Ibushi etc etc and I just don't know how. Could be that Nikki doesn't know how to bump or whatever but even then its just.. I dunno.

Oct 25, 2017
no bit, I agree with you, and I think theres major rose tinted glasses syndrome going on with AEW just because of the hatred towards WWE. People out there saying AEW is the best wrestling in the world, when I havent seen anything remotely close to NJPW, or even NXT tbh (oh no the horror). And let's not forget people defending the unprotected chairshot to the head. But hey, opinions I guess.

And I actually liked that tag match heh. The Mox vs Janela hardcore shit did nothing for me tho, but those never really did anything for me in any promotion.

Well, you're trying to compare 3 shows with an established history of brands. It's not really fair to say people have rose tinted glasses and that nothing compares. AEW has a much more diverse show than both NJPW and NXT between actual talent, and their in-ring styles. That's more interesting to me than WORKRATE champs NXT

And I don't know who was defending the chair shots here, and hell even on Wreddit. Most people seem to feel the entire spot as wholey unnecessary, and did not need a chair at all to get the message across.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Let's clarify. Are people saying that about FyterFest, or were they saying that about All In and Double or Nothing. The latter two are great, and I'd definitely put them over your average NJPW event if only because they have a working tag division. I start my watch of every NJPW event by skipping the meaningless ass tag matches. They're also better shows than NXT, though I'll come back to that.

There are doubtlessly people eager to crown AEW as the best promotion, even if that's unreasonable to do until they have TV and we can see how that works. But I don't think thats as common a sentiment here.

In any case, with FyterFest there's more frustrating stuff than All In or Double or Nothing. I don't know who booked that Cody/Allin match but it sucked. Allin crawling around most of the match isn't a great showcase. It's reminiscent of the match Cody had at All In, except that had pomp and circumstance and a title belt involving Cody's lineage. (It also had a good boy in it.) This had nothing.

Having said that, I appreciate AEW's willingness to take chances. Hunter has turned Takeover into a science. Take five matches, four of them involving titles, turn them into a PPV you have 4-5 times a year. It's amazing and Takeover has not disappointed in 25 shows. But. It's formulaic. It denies other feuds certain relevance if they don't involve a title. The women never get more than one match.

AEW is continuously changing and figuring things out, and I like that. But yeah, I can't act like FyterFest was untouchable in the way the first two were. And I don't expect Fight for the Fallen to be it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.