• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, my thinking is Freedoms is basically running logistics for them and offering their limited roster, but BJW has been pretty generous with its talent for some time so I'm at least open to the possibility of some shenanigans tonight.

In any case, it's gonna be fucking wild. Colon/Sakuda is going to be some violent gremlin shit, Veidt is going to get eviscerated by Kodaka, Lloyd and Sasuke are going to get up to some outrageous fuckery, and the king will do some gross stuff with G Raver.
They announced Kodaka's first title defense today IIRC, so I'm guessing title shenanigans aren't in the cards for tonight.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this hard for you to understand?

"Moxley speaks pretty highly of Triple H. He really hammers home that Vince is the sole problem. He says he'd like to see Hunter run things for a month and see what happens. "

I'll add that tone is important in that part. I wasn't the only one to come away from that thinking he was high on Triple H.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
They announced Kodaka's first title defense today IIRC, so I'm guessing title shenanigans aren't in the cards for tonight.
I think if anything happens it's him winning the GCW title leading into the Japan shows

I don't know that it's a good idea necessarily but like I'm pretty sure he needs to win the tournament anyways

I question if Gage or someone would even win it back in Japan because I bet they'd want Kodaka wearing it at their shit for a while

Then they bring him back for the Nick Gage Invitational again and it gets won through whatever bullshit means (last time was a confusing 5 man elimination final for no reason, lol)

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I'll add that tone is important in that part. I wasn't the only one to come away from that thinking he was high on Triple H.
Most that talk about having direct work with Triple H speak pretty highly of the guy and how he handles business.

The guy is working miracles in NXT and I would like to see what he can do with the talent on the main roster.
Simpler stories, less bullshit and let the guys actually work the matches in their styles.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Kodaka comes to play with Orin

I kinda worry that match will disappoint because Orin's matches in Chicago have been long, super bloody, tons of crazy spots, etc. That Raver/Kodaka match in Chicago was fun but really didn't have many tubes or anything. Couple of panes in the corner but that was it

Of course, there's always the very likely possibility that Orin just says "look man you don't have to do shit i'll just dive into a mess of glass and you don't have to catch me

Yeah, Orin excels at doing terrible things to himself and since he's 100% likely not winning, it'll be a gruesome squash. That was essentially his match against G Raver, so I'm pretty stoked.

I am fully ready for all the first round matches to be 10 minutes max, but deathmatch sprints are nothing to sneeze at.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Orin excels at doing terrible things to himself and since he's 100% likely not winning, it'll be a gruesome squash. That was essentially his match against G Raver, so I'm pretty stoked.

I am fully ready for all the first round matches to be 10 minutes max, but deathmatch sprints are nothing to sneeze at.
I'm kind of hoping that Sasuke/Lloyd is like 90% hokey shit from Sasuke and then the finish is just Lloyd doing horrendous deathmatch shit to him to win

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

AG: It's a testament to the indys and how well they're doing considering that WWE has been bringing in so many top indy stars to NXT.

JM: I never thought of that until you just said it but its amazing. I thought it was a bad idea when Hunter started buying the indys. You had Seth and me, along with Joey Mercury and we were able to sneak in a few key guys like Luke Harper, Neville and Cesaro. Once I was on the main roster and NXT started, which I wasn't a part of, every week Triple H was taking an Instagram selfie with some indy guy. I don't know if he was trying to make himself look cool and get some indy cred or what, make NXT cool. He basically started buying the indys. I remember thinking that it might not be a good idea. Then where are all of these good ideas going to come from? If they signed Daniel Bryan at 21, he never would've become Bryan Danielson and you never would've had WrestleMania 30. If they signed Punk before he really became CM Punk, he never would've done what he did. If they signed me at 21, I never would've become anything good. I had to develop first before getting brought in.

Buying up all of the indy scene was the same as Vince buying up all the territories back in the day. There's nobody left to cherry pick for talent. It's amazing that even though they bought up the indys that it has repopulated itself stronger than ever. Makes you very optimistic about the future of pro wrestling. That's probably the biggest difference between my interview and the Punk interview. He was basically saying fuck pro wrestling, and I was saying that I got my love of pro wrestling back. I want to wrestle everyone. Let's drop all the bridges, get all the companies together and have a super show that sells out a stadium right now. Fuck it. The sum of wrestling outside of WWE is bigger than WWE. I feel like myself, the entire AEW roster and all of the fans are the same team, reaching for the same goal, to make wrestling awesome. To not be embarrassed to tell people you're a wrestling fan because they'd say to you "oh that show with fart jokes and they poop on each other or whatever the fuck happens over there anymore". If you're a wrestling fan and you show someone some things from WWE, you'd be embarrassed. You'd want to bust out old VHS tapes to show them why you're a wrestling fan because this isn't it. I want people to be wearing an AEW shirt and have someone say "Oh you're a wrestling fan, fuck yeah, me too". When I was standing on that poker chip at the end of Double Or Nothing, I didn't know when we were going off the air. I stayed up there but for some reason, I just wanted to take a fucking victory lap. Security did not appreciate it but I took a giant victory lap around the arena, off the air and I felt like I was with 12,000 teammates. We are all AEW. We have that common bond.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
tURRHvY.png

Kyona is GOAT when it comes to complimenting teammates.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another quote from that interview

"Dusty saw me as the coolest person in the world, Vince saw me as an idiot. That's the difference between the two."

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The timing of this video and this specific section is amazing considering Cornette and his followers are trying this shit right now because Joey called him out for his rant lol.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those people that suddenly backed Cornette are 100% alt right shit eaters who saw the incident as an opportunity to spread their hateful views, you can see it on the language they use, some of which not even dumbshit Cornette understood.

Bless Joey Ryan for standing up.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
fwiw, i'm pretty positive most of the joey ryan tweets floating around are legit, i haven't looked but it's certainly something i've seen people subtweet him about in the past, and i saw them then. as someone said, it's very much a James Gunn situation I think

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The timing of this video and this specific section is amazing considering Cornette and his followers are trying this shit right now because Joey called him out for his rant lol.

There's also a matter of the time frame of events. It's ridiculous to try and call somebody out for something they said on twitter years ago when they're now clearly very supportive of marginalised communities. The urge to cancel people over past statements without any regard for how they've changed over the years isn't helpful. It's not anybody's obligation to try and make people less racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic, but at the same time it's pretty important to acknowledge that people are capable of changing their attitude over time. It doesn't take a philosophy PhD to realise there's a huge difference between somebody posting some problematic Tweets 4 years ago that they're now apologetic for and somebody who's going on homophobic rants today.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
fwiw, i'm pretty positive most of the joey ryan tweets floating around are legit, i haven't looked but it's certainly something i've seen people subtweet him about in the past, and i saw them then. as someone said, it's very much a James Gunn situation I think
Yes that's why the section of that video at 10:20 was amazingly timed. He knew that shit would eventually happen to him with his tweets from his sleazy gimmick lol. I wonder if Cultaholic decided to publish it now instead of a different video because they knew it might get attention because of that.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goes to proof that this shit is targeted, it's the exact same modus operandi and with the same intentions, to discredit those who speak up against their hateful trash

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
reddit is a fucking trash fire with regards to Cornette support.

Some of the excuses are fucking baffling.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
reddit is a fucking trash fire with regards to Cornette support.

Some of the excuses are fucking baffling.
Oh god it bad multiple threads with an army of people protecting him pretending he didn't say anything transphobic or homophobic. Acting like anything was taken out of context. Not sure they are smart enough to realize if they take the Sonny rant in context there is the added issue of him feeling a need to explain what Sonny is like when that's just Sonny IRL which makes it worse.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like you gotta be a special sorta stupid, or willfully ignorant or just arguing in bad faith to say calling a gay man a transvestite isn't homophobic.

That is transphobic on the outset and you double it up to describe someone who isn't even trans, just cause they're flamboyant. Like the reason is obvious.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like you gotta be a special sorta stupid, or willfully ignorant or just arguing in bad faith to say calling a gay man a transvestite isn't homophobic.

That is transphobic on the outset and you double it up to describe someone who isn't even trans, just cause they're flamboyant. Like the reason is obvious.
We had one of those here the other day, he especifically said it, didn't even get banned.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Kamiyu making Mirai run the ropes a bunch and then just tripping her

legend

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

So both the "Viper Room" shot in the Moxley prison escape video and the "Time's Up" video were inspired by Dusty's vision for the Dean Ambrose character.

Jon Moxley said:
There are no peers to Dusty Rhodes but he treated me like one. He had this vision of me, of how I was going to take over WWE. These vignettes would be in a smokey bar, the camera zooms in on my back, Dean Ambrose leather jacket, in the Viper Club. He called it the Viper Club but he meant the Viper Room. He had this vision of me as a Johnny Depp, River Phoenix, "you're James Dean baby". He literally saw me as the coolest person in the world; that's how he pictured these vignettes and pitched them to me. Dusty saw me as the coolest person in the world and Vince saw me as an idiot. That's the difference between the two.

Flash forward to my first promo I released after leaving WWE, the prison one and I knew we were filming in LA. I kept thinking about the leather jacket and the Viper Club and I insisted on getting a shot at the Viper Room, just for me. There was deep, deep meaning to that. What I didn't know is that the dice on the wall were on a two and five, double or nothing but the conspiracy theorists out there noticed it.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh shit they cut the dumb extended intro from Itoh's song

We are blessed, thank you TJPW

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Vaguely interesting Takeover rumor tonight.

Becky Lynch is in the area. Dunno if she'll appear, but it's interesting she's around.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada

It's kind of amazing. I went from recently really enjoying Impact's new direction, and product; to one Elgin, and four ECW has-beens past giving a fuck about them, and stopped watching. I doubt I need to extrapolate on my thoughts on Elgin, and I'm twenty years past the need hand over my money to anyone wheeling out ECW 'legends'. Having Tommy Dreamer there to do some fun shit was okay. Bringing back RVD was beginning to push it. Sandman and Sabu was like taking a stick of dynamite to a row boat. Enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.