• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
hello friends. it's the month of Jon Moxley. it's June Moxley.

tumblr_ps67pascVH1rmv1vdo1_500.gif

hot off one of the most successful non-WWE PPVs in the past couple decades, All Elite Wrestling has another show this month. at Double or Nothing, Jon Moxley shocked the world by simply showing up. He's making his in-ring debut at the end of the month against "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela himself.

Moxley-vs-Janela2.jpg

it's on June 29. Other matches include
Jebailey vs. Michael Nakazawa
The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) vs Lucha Brothers (Rey Fenix and Pentagon Jr.) and TBA (formerly PAC)
Cody vs. Darby Allin

NJPW is also wrapping up its annual Best of the Super Jrs tournament, with the finals on June 5 (streaming live on NJPWorld, 2:30 AM PST). Moxley was recently revealed as the next challenger for Juice Robinson's US Title.

D79t_CeXoAAgAKV.jpg

NJPW also has Dominion on June 9. I'm not sure if Mox is wrestling on this one, but here's the card for that so far

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)
Kota Ibushi (c) vs Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Taichi (NEVER Openweight Championship)

Can Okada overcome Jericho's new finisher, The Judas Effect? A spinning back elbow so dangerous, it's not taught by most MMA gyms? Tune in on June 9 at midnight (PST) to find out!

New England money marks also booked Moxley against fellow AEW wrestler Darby Allin (?!)

D7nYzppUIAAXEOT.jpg

apparently they have a pivotshare on that website that I presume this will be uploaded to eventually

Game Changer Wrestling, inarguably the hottest indie going right now, has their Tournament of Survival 4 event, today, June 1! A deathmatch tournament featuring some real sick fuckers from all over the world, it streams on Fite.tv at 4:30 PST.

D7NugtcWwAAJ8T4-e1559169089942.jpg

D7NjD3XXkAEZ-t2-e1559169075849.jpg

D6pSd7eXYAICVbe-e1559169052155.jpg

D7Di1srXYAAR0-P-e1559169105592.jpg

Moxley is not currently scheduled for this show. But man, wouldn't it be sick if he showed up?

tumblr_ps3jsepqS11y8d8zoo1_500.gif

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
*gets handed a script, it's so well written*

ON MY WAY TO THIS THREAD
I RODE A UNICYCLE BACKWARDS DOWN THE STREET
I HANDED A HOMELESS MAN A SLICE OF PIZZA
I STOPPED OFF AT THE SONIC COMMUNITY OT

....none of this is relatable

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

Have to assume Jordynne is working PROGRESS too that day, glad this is finally happening and they accidentally lucked into an almost year build

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I watched part of the Tokyo Princess Cup and yo. How come no one brought up how great the Neo Biishiki-gun theme is??

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Brock ain't cashing in until way later. The really impressive thing would be if he cashed in and failed.

OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
Mox will actually show up to Tournament of Death in a few weeks to set up a match with the Lariat God, DJ Hyde

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I started Keller's latest episode and I'm 11 minutes in and he's still hawking his fucking site and podcast. This is like a goddamn TNA promo

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I had to sit out attending ToS this year, lots of shit going on, but I'm thinking about ordering it tonight.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Interesting side note regarding NXT: The next set of tapings isn't until 6/12 and 6/13. They will be taping EVERYTHING up to Takeover: Toronto. So it seems like we'll have the Toronto card in two weeks.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to yesterday's Bryan & Vinny show and holy shit at Granny not realising Ambrose and Moxley are the same person.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of amusing seeing Matt Jackson of the Young "The Hardy Boyz are cocksuckers" Bucks standing up against homophobia

OMG FUCK YESSSSS

I'M RINGSIDE, ONCE MORE, FOR THE NICOLE WAR 2

Fuck the first time they ever fought was amazing, and now it's through Shimmer which means I have to imagine it's going to be near the, if not actually the, main event of the show. The Nicoles are going to go all out!!!! Can't wait, I freaking love Savoy

This show might beat Takeover for show of the weekend.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But yeah, I was asking.

There any truth to that stuff Cornette was referencing?

The screengrab tweets of Joey Ryan saying the N word and making several explicit rape jokes?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Swung through Twitter and caught bits of Cornette's rants, saw some wonderfully 'insightful' comments from some of his followers about how Kenny Omega isn't a good wrestler, and I just nuked the whole thing. I do enjoy Jim's insights into territorial wrestling (of which I am a fan), but enough is enough. I don't need that toxic shit.

Starting the Keller/Moxley podcast right now. Interested to hear what else he has to say. The stories from Jericho's podcast had me in stitches the entire time. IT'S SUCH GOOD SHIT!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
(for the new thread)

Jon Moxley has done another interview/podcast, this time with Wade Keller:

PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents special Weekend Interview edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast with guest Jon Moxley (f/k/a Dean Ambrose). This is Mox's second long-form interview and the first he recorded since his AEW surprise debut last Saturday night at "AEW Double or Nothing" in Las Vegas. This is by design a follow-up to his first interview earlier this week with Chris Jericho on his podcast which has been the talk of the pro wrestling industry for several days, so we're not covering the same territory, but instead covering topics he didn't get to with Jericho.

This interview, conducted on May 29th, lasts nearly two-and-a-half hours. This is the first half of the interview and the second half will drop on Sunday afternoon or evening on this feed.

The interview starts around 11:30

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
One more bit from the Observer:

[Kenny Omega] also brought up wanting some people from DDT in AEW, in specific talking about Antonio Honda and Konosuke Takeshita.

Oct 25, 2017
Important part of the interview

Moxley speaks pretty highly of Triple H. He really hammers home that Vince is the sole problem. He says he'd like to see Hunter run things for a month and see what happens.

Wade asks him what he thinks of Triple H and how he thinks things would be different. Moxley says that Triple H thinks about things a lot, but he's not super collaborative. Calls him cerebral. He says that he thinks Triple H would be more open to letting guys do their own thing and isn't at all the same type of micromanager as Vince, though he says "it wouldn't be a free-for-all". Brings up that he thinks Triple H is a smart guy, and talks about a time where he wanted to do a big blood spot and Hunter explained that it would be a great spot that would lose them a $10 million sponsorship and Moxley laughed and said he can't argue that. Says that "most times" when Triple H makes a suggestion on something a guy should say or do it's a good idea. Says that he's clearly a better option than Vince. But he also says that he was never in NXT in its current form, so he thinks someone who is in that system all the time could speak more to Triple H's style of running things.

This reads less like highly and more like, "he's easier to work with"

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This reads less like highly and more like, "he's easier to work with"

This is the most reductionist it's ever gotten. Like y'all really can't give HHH anything. Like I dunno how you parse things like most suggestions he gives are good ideas for talent and if you gave WWE tv to HHH for a month it'd be a stark improvement as 'He's easier to work with."

Eh, Kawato is clearly not as far along as Namaguaje and Kamaitachi were at this stage

also, OhSatan Metallico had the match of his life tonight

Hell Yeah Metallico gave his all in that match and it was awesome, he even made look Virus bad in some spots (never in the mat) Metallico was firing at 200%

I hope the match gets some buzz going he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.