• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched that vice bruiser Brody show. Man I wish I could have been at the Budokan for a Brody main event. Crowd was wild for him.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the description for the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.

An episode about the assassination of JFK? The fuck?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
if anyone had any doubt that Jericho is the least cool person in the world, here's Corey Taylor to help with the angle

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
i was going to say that WHO'S RELEVANT NOW/WELCOME HOME Banjo video was cringey as fuck until i realised this is wrestling for them and I have 100% reacted like that to a promo video before

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
b7797d3f846c1458539daf7642a57517.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can she arrest Dream to stop him from tweeting?

Mio knows the evils of structures that exist to maintain the statuesque and protect property over the vulnerable. She knows that in a just society Dream wouldn't have grew to be a sycophant to those with unimaginable capital regardless of how they made it. She knows you can only get away with cop killing by becoming a cop:

39ESA9F.jpg

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

AXS TV is giving professional wrestling its own night: "New Japan Pro Wrestling" and "WOW – Women of Wrestling" are moving from Fridays to Saturdays, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

Starting July 13, those summer Saturday nights will feature an eight-week recap of "WOW" Season 1 matches. The show's 24-episode second season premieres on Sep. 7 at 8/7c, when a stable of new and returning Superheroes — WOW's branding for its wrestlers — will try to take the belt off of Tessa Blanchard.

Among all that other all-female action, "WOW – Women of Wrestling" Season 2 will also feature a single-elimination tournament to crown tag team champions.

"WOW" founder David McLane and Stephen Dickey will again provide the analysis and commentary for Season 2.

"WOW" will lead in to "New Japan Pro Wrestling," which will air at 9/8c on AXS TV.

To kick off the rebranded Saturdays, AXS TV will present a special live broadcast of Night 1 of NJPW's G1 Climax 29 Tournament. The Dallas, Texas event begins July 6 at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.

After that, every Saturday night, AXS TV will air two hours of the tourney, which will be called by Kevin Kelly. AXS TV's same-day coverage will also feature the A Block Final on Aug. 10. Special coverage of the B Block Final will air on Aug. 17, and the Tournament Final comes to cable on Aug. 24.

Ordinarily, being scheduled on a Saturday would be a bad thing for a TV show. In this case, the move will actually allow for much faster turnaround of NJPW events, as you can get a taste of through Climax 29 coverage.

Previously, the Saturday night New Japan events would have to wait until the following Friday to air on AXS TV. Now, Saturday shows will air on cable television less than 24 hours after they take place, which ought to be music to NJPW fans' ears.

The scheduling change also pulls New Japan Pro Wrestling away from WWE's "SmackDown Live," which moves to Fridays on Fox this fall. That series currently airs Tuesday nights on USA Network.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
In a new interview with ComicBook.com this week, Cody Rhodes explained Pac's current status with the company, assuring fans that he isn't leaving AEW.

"It's kind of a current, ongoing situation in terms of creative differences," Rhodes said. "It's the term we use, it's not everyone's favorite term to hear. But I love Pac, he's amazing. He's done a great job post-WWE with what he's done with Dragon Gate, what he's done with Rev Pro. And really the only thing I can say about it, because it is an ongoing situation, is that Pac is still part of AEW. It's something we're actively working on and making it happen. He's a big part of AEW."

After confirming that AEW would be traveling to the UK for a future event, Rhodes hinted that a rematch between Pac and Page is being worked on for a future show.

"That match, if people were not fulfilled with getting it for free on YouTube, they definitely will probably get a chance to see that match in the future," Rhodes said. "But it's an ongoing situation."

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder why exactly WWE saw fit to give Jinder Mahal the big belt and revolve the a show around him, especially considering his current position

Was it just a congrats for getting vascular?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder why exactly WWE saw fit to give Jinder Mahal the big belt and revolve the a show around him, especially considering his current position

Was it just a congrats for getting vascular?

Yes. At the time people thought it was a build-up to an Indian tour but I think that was just made up.

I guess it WAS a buildup for the tour but Jinder was such a failure as the champion they just scrapped it lol. Jinder lost the belt to AJ like a month before the tour.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Shane McMahon is the worst, the absolute worst. His striking is a fucking meme and his triangle is first day beginner level of sloppiness. He's going to have a heart attack in that ring

Status
Not open for further replies.