• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2017

I don't really have an issue with this because he's fine as an undercard guy, but I remember months ago when he got his release and I said he was destined for AEW and was told "no way, Cody won't just sign all his old WWE friends". lol

Cody did say in the video that he was looking to use him as a coach.

You're probably right and so far the only that's actually signed (long-term) to AEW is Hikaru Shida who is moving to the US later this year.
She can however also speak at least conversational English.

Hikaru Shida also has a good relationships with Kenny Omega and Michael Nakazawa. That probably helped in making the decision easier. She trusts them.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Io Shirai vs Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women's Championship was announced for tonight inside a steel cage.

Big match at the NXT tapings

Io is losing. Babyfaces never win cage matches, especially in NXT. They fucked up bad with how they've handled Io.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bracket for the NXT tournament. Some killer matches here.

For those unaware of the new names, that's:

- Boa vs. ACH
- Shane Strickland vs. Trevor Lee
- Jonah Rock vs. Sam Shaw
- Garza Jr. vs. DJZ

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact you have to translate those NXT names to even have a notion of what is going on on that graphic says it all lmao

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The fact you have to translate those NXT names to even have a notion of what is going on on that graphic says it all lmao

Not really. It's just all new names that are relatively recent so people might not have seen them. They're not great names, but that's got nothing to do with why I translated them.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
First tournament match done

Garza Jr. def. DJZ to advance to the semi-finals

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. It's just all new names that are relatively recent so people might not have seen them. They're not great names, but that's got nothing to do with why I translated them.
I wasn't talking about you friend, I was the one who didn't have an idea of who they were, only remembered DJZ's and that's because of Brian making fun of it

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Watching NXT. Jessamyn and Marina still aren't great, but they're looking better. Are these piped in crowd noises, cause this seems unusually loud.

They really aren't protecting that arm stomp. Remember when it put Dakota out for like a month? Now it's just move number 5 in any Shayna match.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another first round match done

Trevor Lee def. Shane Strickland to advance to the semi-finals

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

I don't really have an issue with this because he's fine as an undercard guy, but I remember months ago when he got his release and I said he was destined for AEW and was told "no way, Cody won't just sign all his old WWE friends". lol

Cody called him "a good hand" in the Fyter Fest video. That's a storyline right there. I also think Spears namedropped Havoc so that could be his first loss.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Watching NXT. Jessamyn and Marina still aren't great, but they're looking better. Are these piped in crowd noises, cause this seems unusually loud.

They really aren't protecting that arm stomp. Remember when it put Dakota out for like a month? Now it's just move number 5 in any Shayna match.
It doesn't help that Jessamyn really isn't good at selling either. She sold it for like two minutes and then it was immediately fine again and she was brawling with Candice like it never happened.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Steel Cage match between Io and Shayna in two weeks announced on NXT TV so not a spoiler
Congrats to Shayna, who is going to win. Gonna call it now.

I feel like they are moving towards a Mia Yim vs Shayna Baszler match at Takeover: Toronto and I could not care less. Io has been absolutely mishandled since being brought into the NXT fold. It's insane how poorly she's been booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.