• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Becky was like the hottest thing going in the WWE and now she's been saddled with the impossible task of trying to elevate Lacey?

They really punched her momentum in the gut.

I'm more and more convinced this shit tier story telling has always been there it's just WWE had a lot of charismatic people to help cover it up. Basically take the Cena take sent to Dave but run it back 20 years even through AE

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm miss remembering but wasn't he pretty average with promos?
Road Dogg? Nah he was one of the better mic talkers easily. "Was" is the keyword though, nowadays when he comes out he's just cringey as fuck.

However saying somebody like Jon Moxley needs a script because he can't cut a good promo is indeed a hot take...
I'm more and more convinced this shit tier story telling has always been there it's just WWE had a lot of charismatic people to help cover it up. Basically take the Cena take sent to Dave but run it back 20 years even through AE
I do agree the product is better with Cena around than not. I think even with all the BS, Cena was able to put on a show. People tuned in to boo him and see what kind of BS he was going to do, making it all the more sweeter when guys like Daniel Bryan beat him clean.

He definitely elevates the product in some degree and I feel like everyone works their best when they have a legit top guy to work with on the roster.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
POST said:
KENTA recently spoke to Weekly Pro Wrestling magazine in Japan about his departure from WWE and arrival at New Japan Pro Wrestling earlier this month at Dominion.

When he was called up to 205 Live in November 2017 he was excited about the call-up but then things started to 'deteriorate'. He mentioned the Cruiserweight title tournament in early 2018 after Enzo Amore left the company and the title was vacant. Itami lost in the opening round to Roderick Strong and noted that he could never really figure out who Hideo Itami was due to his lack of in-ring activity. He also felt his in-ring style suffered as a result of being told what to do and not to do and lost sight of his goals there.

He added that 'no good memories come to mind' on the experience at 205 Live and said he was 'defanged' there.

😲 <- my shocked face

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Remember when Becky was like the hottest thing going in the WWE and now she's been saddled with the impossible task of trying to elevate Lacey?

They really punched her momentum in the gut.
Lacey has always been very bad at wrestling. Of course the problem is that RAW has a whopping TWO female heels right now. Lacey Evans, and Alexa Bliss. And I'm pretty sure if Lacey loses, we'll be seeing Alexa Bliss slide into the RAW Women's Title picture.

Hence why I've been saying its time for Shayna to get called up. RAW desperately needs a stronger heel on the womens side of things.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted:

The Ovaltine Dream is dead..

E9S5T94.gif

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
WWE had good storytelling in pockets. It pretty much lost it product wise both in the New Gen era and around the Ruthless Aggression era, with isolated pockets of quality that they have trouble capitalizing on

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they're doing on Smackdown right now... It may be time to do the 180 degree opposite of it. I know everyone loves New Day, Seth, Sami & KO, and Ziggler but they're not main attractions. I don't know who is, but I think it's safe to say it's not any of these guys.
Nobody is an attraction on either roster, NOBODY. They have all been overexposed to death and beyond. Both shows are the same people having the same matches called by the same people with the same talking point segments in between. The show needs an entire creative overhaul from the top on down, because everything else is a band-aid on a massive sucking chest wound.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted main event reminding me that I don't watch nearly enough Chikara.

This is my brand of dumb.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only follows the fed through this forum it sure does seem like the same people are wrestling each other all the time

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Nobody is an attraction on either roster, NOBODY. They have all been overexposed to death and beyond. Both shows are the same people having the same matches called by the same people with the same talking point segments in between. The show needs an entire creative overhaul from the top on down, because everything else is a band-aid on a massive sucking chest wound.
They need a complete reinvention of ALL rivalries, a shuffle of announcers and the firing of most writers and the most important thing: get rid of Vince.

But we know none of these things will happen and we will be stuck with a mediocre product for years to come.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
What should scare WWE is that they have no easy fix to increase ratings. They ruined their entire roster. Also what they refuse to admit is that wrestling will never be mainstream and they have a shrinking audience to try to get to watch RAW and Smackdown weekly. Will Smackdown on Fox even be able to hit 3.5 long term? They try with stuff like the ESPY awards and the day after WM appearance on the Today Show but no mainstream audience cares. AEW kinda has it right in appealing to men over 25 and the wrestling fanbase tired of WWE but they have their own ceiling. We will see if their vision leads to a larger interest in wrestling. I mean the talent worldwide has never been better, right?

Any sort of rehab would take years. They would have to build news stars and try to get some casuals to come back. It would have to be a new show and Vince doesn't have the patience to change the foundation. The hardest part would be to gain a younger audience since I doubt kids today care about wrestling. What would make kids and young adults watch today? Also money at the moment isn't a problem so they're are technically good for the next 5-6 years with TV deals and blood money. There stock would dip because but they have the cash to pay the bills. They are blind.

Also HHH isn't the answer because while NXT PPVs are good, they don't have to fill so much TV time. Thighter stories and trusting your talent with creative freedom would make a better show, it just doesn't mean the audience would come back. It should be a start not the solution. A lot of the talent has the old stench. Hot talent like Kofi and Becky haven't resulted in increased ratings even though it's champions people like. They could tweak stories here and there and hope someone gets hot but WWE has shown they can't keep a star hot longer than two months. Once they win the title it's over.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"No easy fix is right". Their big plan to fix SD was to bring in THE BIG DOG who's never been a draw.

They have zero stars.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
They actually went and did it

Mad lads.

For non-UK peeps who need context: BT Sport has been building themselves up as a significant player against Sky, gaining a significant amount of live Premier League matches (although Sky still has the majority and Amazon has now nabbed the rights for two rounds including the Boxing Day games starting this upcoming season), the only place to watch the Champions League and Europa League live, has Tyson Fury's fights on Box Office and, despite nearly losing them earlier in the year, the UFC.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Someone from UK needs to explain the BT Sport thing to me.

Also not a fan of their Emoji game. A flame for RAW? It's not Nitro guys! Use a piece of 🥩

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Damned 205

The most-watched shows of the past week on WWE Network:
1. Shane McMahon and Kurt Angle talk about their street fight match;
2. Super Showdown;
3. NXT from 6/13;
4. Ride Along with Sheamus, Cesaro, R-Truth and Carmella;
5. WWE U.K. from 6/13;
6. NXT Takeover Bridgeport;
7. WrestleMania;
8. Table for 3 with Riott Squad;
9. WWE 24: Ronda Rousey;
10. Money in the Bank

205 on 6/12 was 11th for the week
Seriously no idea how Shane is still alive and walking after all the shit he does. That KotR match with Angle was nuts.

Oct 25, 2017
WWE had good storytelling in pockets. It pretty much lost it product wise both in the New Gen era and around the Ruthless Aggression era, with isolated pockets of quality that they have trouble capitalizing on

This is what I had in mind when reflecting back on what I remember. Even take things like 3 faces of foley, Austin vs McMahon, Ministry, etc. In hindsight those stories were pretty corny but the people carrying them were on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.