• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
MIROSLAV MACHKA!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Seth Quintuple'd Down

By the way, this was the line for me. Seth needs to have several seats and keep Jon's name out of his mouth. Especially since he couldn't be assed to even listen to Jon's interview where he said he did everything he could.

You wanna call yourself the best wrestler in the world in the same universe that the indie world exists in? Yeah, that's fine. It's not true, and it can't be true because right now you're wrestling dorks people don't even wanna fucking watch. But you're MEANT to do that because you need to think you're the best because if you don't you won't convince anyone else.

You wanna stand up for the PEOPLE who do the work at WWE? As the de-facto "leader" of the company, that's fair. You need to stick up for the people who are there busting their asses (putting out a mediocre product because you're subject to the whims of a 73 year old WrassleTrump).

But now you're mad because people are trashing the company when they leave? You're not just defending the company itself, but doing so while trashing one of the guys you came up with? WTF is this?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
HOW IS TYLER BLACK GONNA MAKE FUN OF INDY WRESTLERS IN SHORTS

MY GUY YOU GOT YOUR BIG BREAK IN AGE OF THE FALL WHICH WAS THE BIGGEST INDY GEEK STABLE IN HISTORY

THEY HAD JIMMY "DO IT FOR HER" JACOBS AS THE LEADER WHO IF YOU LOOKED UP JABRONI INDIE WRESTLER IN THE DICTIONARY YOU WOULD SEE A PICTURE OF JIMMY JACOBS
Never mind those private sessions.... It's even dumber than Randy's going on about wrestling in armories and other classic indy venues because he did that in OVW. I can get Seth's probably frustrated too but masking it with this brainwashed, delusional sounding shit talk isn't the way to go about it.

Say what you want about Cena but you will never catch him loosing his temper and acting unprofessional
Cena is a robot though.

literally everything in this article is from Meltzer. How is that a "backstage update"?

It's 411, their headlines are dumb and often don't line up with the actual "news". They use to have a guy who they'd have make pervy female celebrity photo posts for clicks until he disappeared which I always assumed was because he was posting minors at some point near the end IIRC.

Last edited:

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Right I'm going to try not to post any more tweets that aren't GIFs or show cards for a while now

Nah don't listen to contrarians, twitter has most of the breaking news, rumors and just fun little stuff, it's either that or post ad infected URLs from garbage sites. If someone doesn't like it they can turn media off and shut the hell up

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Nah don't listen to contrarians, twitter has most of the breaking news, rumors and just fun little stuff, it's either that or post ad infected URLs from garbage sites. If someone doesn't like it they can turn media off and shut the hell up

Agreed. It's nice when stuff happens and you can actually read/interpret it for yourself instead of having to go to a site with ads or a paywall that not everyone's going to be able to access

I didn't even know until now we had a function that lets you disable media embeds, so yeah, that's convenient too and I don't get why anyone who does know we have that still complains when you can make your own experience better if it's such a problem

deli

Oct 25, 2017
There are like over 4 pages of straight monday night raw liveposting every single week in the year of our lord 2019 but sure it's the tweets that are the problem.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Ratings might be in the shitter but shenaninigans are at an all time high. And it's free. I am entertained.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had almost forgotten Taven won at MSG. And he's still champ.

The fuckin state of you, ROH.
That was one of the weirdest shows I've seen live. Literally two different shows in one. New Japan was worth it though, not sure if I'll get a chance to see naito or okada again. Was lucky to see some kota at the CWC.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
That was one of the weirdest shows I've seen live. Literally two different shows in one. New Japan was worth it though, not sure if I'll get a chance to see naito or okada again. Was lucky to see some kota at the CWC.

I was amazed that people were calling it an all time great show. Most of the NJPW stuff was good not great and the ROH stuff was dogshit.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I am cool with the Seth losing his mind. What do we get out of nice guy Seth? Nothing. Hopefully we see more.

And if fans are pissed at him that's good too.
Feed AEW.

Emperor Palpatine laugh*

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed. It's nice when stuff happens and you can actually read/interpret it for yourself instead of having to go to a site with ads or a paywall that not everyone's going to be able to access

I didn't even know until now we had a function that lets you disable media embeds, so yeah, that's convenient too and I don't get why anyone who does know we have that still complains when you can make your own experience better if it's such a problem
People get wound up because even if they turn it off, it still drives the conversation to an extent, which I do understand. I mostly agree that they're good to have, but I'm as guilty as anyone of getting involved in making the thread "what's the hot take on twitter we should be mad at/person we should dunk on today", and I want to try and pull back from that a little bit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out the Super J Cup is in Tacoma this year.

Odds they draw a better crowd than Stomping Grounds?

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I've repeated this numerous times, but I legit can't wait for Bandido to get out of there.

Saw him and Rey Horus at OTT on Sunday. Match had a few hiccups at first but they loosened up and had fun when the crowd made fun of the ref for not counting in Spanish. Once they found their groove it became a bloody good spotfest. If Horus is still under an LU contract I bet he is counting down the days too.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the parade of ROH geeks in that battle royale vs the NJPW guys was just a super depressing contrast.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The worst thing about ROH being shit is that NJPW seem to keep wanting to work with them and not AEW. I mean, at least when TNA was shit we could laugh and it didn't impact anyone.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
The worst thing about ROH being shit is that NJPW seem to keep wanting to work with them and not AEW. I mean, at least when TNA was shit we could laugh and it didn't impact anyone.

I never got why people thought an AEW/NJPW partnership was going to work. ROH has obviously been a huge part of getting NJPW stateside, AEW partnered with AAA, and NJPW shows in the US would be direct competition to AEW.

It's like people expected Omega to just be able to broker the entire deal himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.