• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

The main quote when it comes to Kojima.

"I do know director Kojima and we have been in conversation that he may have a horror-based game that he may be doing, and so he has invited me to work on that, but there are no details on it yet,"

Maybe not thread worthy, but some sites have already done the "ITO AND KOJIMA MAKING SILENT HILL PS5???" headlines and I'm sure a thread would be made about this so I wanted to make the thread as accurate as possible.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's too bad, but oh well, Konami flubbed it with P.T and kojima

ichigoww

Apr 22, 2018
A Kojima's horror-game influenced by Ito's vision?
My heart is not ready (as in, it'd probably be too scary/gross for me), but I really want to see this happen

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I would love for them to work together in something and for me to never get close to that game because it would haunt my dreams for months lol

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Kojima's master plan:
Push Ito to say that he is not doing a thing currently but he is exploring things with kojima.
While in reality development already started long ago.

August it is for the reveal (according to era).

30r1af.jpg

.....okay I am in. Until I will quickly close the potential game.

Junji Ito's work is so fucked up I don't know how I could survive it being 3D modeled, let alone moving.

And on gamepass, there is Junji Ito inspired game - World of Horror, for anyone interested for a fix.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I love how cheery Ito is in his media appearances. It's a wonderful contrast to his work. Here's him watching random videos and declaring if they're scary or not:

Jun 13, 2020
Keep in mind that the horror game might be the KjP project that didn't go through. My money is on Death Stranding 2 being their next game.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
I wan't to say I don't believe it, but we know Kojima is interested in making a horror game and the last few weeks showed us the return of SMT V and basically the rebirth of Suikoden.

I'm in an optimistic mood, and am a believer in the impossible.

Apr 27, 2018

An interview on Comic Con International's YouTube channel had an interview with Japanese horror manga artist Ito Junji. In it Ito says that he discussed with Hideo Kojima about a potential new horror game, but cannot talk about it just yet.

I hope this game doesn't get canceled like Silent Hills.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

An interview on Comic Con International's YouTube channel had an interview with Japanese horror manga artist Ito Junji. In it Ito says that he discussed with Hideo Kojima about a potential new horror game, but cannot talk about it just yet.

I hope this game doesn't get canceled like Silent Hills.

Konami cancelled Silent Hills. Kojima doesn't work for Konami anymore so....

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
IN MY VEINS!

Imagine Ito's art style rendered with a PS5-tier Decima Engine.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Wait, is this new? Or is he talking about PT? Because I remember that he was involved in that project somehow. I hope it's new and it get released. I'd love to play a horror game made by Kojima with Ito involved.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The horror elements in Kojima's games have always been some of my favourite moments. This could be my dream game...

I only hope it's a sci-fi/horror mix, as we don't have enough of that.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Get Guillermo del Toro on the phone and yank Norman Reedus off his bike and family, they have a job to do.

Oct 30, 2017
Kojima did say earlier this year he was watching a slew of horror movies for ideas and inspiration. Sounds like he still has the horror itch, heck some parts of Death Stranding feel like it's out of the horror genre as is.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
The time for Kojima to get a new editor was the second he lost his old one after MGS3. He's too powerful now to ever get one or not write his own game.
If you're referring to Fukushima, he was never Kojima's "editor" or whatever, as far as we know he wrote Codecs. This rumor never seems to die lol

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
There is no way you can convince me that Kojima didn't have someone edit his work before MGS4.
Which is odd to me since MGS2 remains his most verbose and oddball title

edit: Just to add to this instead of making a new post... Like, you're telling me Kojima was under tight editorial control when he made this:

hqdefault.jpg

But then he went off-the-leash kuh-razy when he made MGS4, MGSV and DS, all of which are far more traditional action game stories?

Last edited: