• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.jupiter.co.jp

PICROSS S5

The 5th Picross in the S Series on the Nintendo Switch! Play new puzzles in all four Picross modes and Extra content!

485 puzzles:
  • 300 in normal/mega mode
  • 150 in clip mode
  • 30 in color mode
  • 5 in extra mode (large puzzles), 3 of the puzzles unlock by having the save files for S/S2/S3
the price is $9.99/€9.99/£8.99. there's a demo on the japanese eshop, will most likely come to other eshops soon. the game is up for pre-purchase, and the demo is available now.

new features:
  • total clear time counter (total of all first clear of each puzzle)
  • high contrast colors (accessibility feature for colorblind people)

previous picross games on switch will be 20% off from november 19th to december 3rd
y_5fb387fc51757p8kxx.jpg

3DS picross games will be 50% off
y_5fb387fc4e08293kjx.jpg

special thanks to RainbowIslands for the updates and translation.

Sorry I made you wait.

the solved puzzle shows five S/5s (link):
engku6-veaewrs9dcjc6.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They still haven't released Picross S: Mega Drive & Mark III Edition, right? Please don't toy with my heart.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have really liked S4 but that was a long game to beat (and I still haven't completed it 100%). I will see if there will be a moment with less games to play, and get S5 there, but I am thinking 2021 might be quite packed for Switch owners.

neufel

Oct 29, 2017
Switzerland
Don't they release a game per year? I believe S4 was released worldwide this April.

Heh, maybe they're aware that covid lockdowns dried up our supplies of Picross and that we need some more quickly.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't finished all mega picross levels in S1 and S2. Almost done with S2's though. I prefer regular picross, but at least I finally learned how it works!

Oct 27, 2017
Massive puzzles or still not buying. Pic-a-Pix Deluxe has huge puzzles that will literally last me a lifetime to solve.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Remind me the time between the previous teaser puzzle and the teased game releasing please.

Edit: Next Thursday, maybe.

Last edited:

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Picross is the game I play religiously, every night, before I go to bed. I love it. I will always buy more.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It is a little worrying if this is S5 and not the Sega one, Can't see them dropping the Sega one within a month of this coming out, and Sega's anniversary is almost over

Picross is the game I play religiously, every night, before I go to bed. I love it. I will always buy more.
I'm playing 15-20 minutes of GBC leak Pokemon Picross each night now on a DSiXL, just like how I used to play Mario's Picross 2 on the same system every night in college....

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
OMG! To add to the rumor mill... going onto "picross 5" website gives a coming soon. picross 6 just gives a "page not found".

http://www.jupiter.co.jp/switch/picrosss5/

HTML description gives:
Nintendo SwitchのピクロスSシリーズ第5弾! 4つのピクロスモードとエクストラの完全新作問題が遊べる!
or
The 5th game of the Picross S series on Nintendo Switch! You can play brand new puzzles in 4 Picross Mode and Extra.

EDIT: WITH A TITLE IMAGE! (c) 2020 means it'll be released within this year, I think!

On the 26th!
information.jpg

Main menu screen:
gamegraph03.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
A small bump because I found so much:
  • 30 x30 Puzzles will be back in Extra mode
  • Some new functions (not specified in the images I was able to view)

EDIT: That's all that I could find. They named every image file pretty much the same way they did with s4, lol, so it was pretty much renaming every image file link from s4 to s5.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
This digging got me hooked... Wasn't able to find the website for Mega Drive and Mark 3 Edition... but the bitsummit site seems to have listed it for Autumn 2020. I wonder why the delay. There will be 180 character/items represented from 59 Mega Drive and Mark 3 games/titles.

So... 150 Normal/Mega and 30 for Color? I assume some of the characters like sonic will be reused in Clip.

Jupiter | BitSummit

毎年京都で開催している日本最大級のインディーゲームの祭典 です / Japan’s Industry-Leading Independent Game Development Festival in Kyoto

Last edited:

New Box City

Oct 27, 2017
Their Twitter posts mention a monthly newsletter but I can't seem to find anywhere on either the Japanese or English versions of their website to sign up - anyone know how/where I could enter my email for the newsletter? Their monthly puzzles look fun!

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Officially announced on Famitsu! Video too! Official Site's up!

www.famitsu.com

Switch『ピクロス S5』11/26に発売。『ピクロス』シリーズが20%OFFで購入できるセールも開催 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ジュピターは、Nintendo Switchのダウンロード専用ソフト『ピクロス S5』を2020年11月26日(木)に発売することを発表した。

問題数は「ピクロス」と「メガピクロス」合計300問、「クリップピクロス」のピース問題150問、「カラーピクロス」30問、「エクストラ」5問の合計485問です。※エクストラの 3 問は「ピクロス S」「ピクロスS2」「ピクロス S3」のプレイデータと連動して開放されます。
300 in Normal/Mega and 150 in Clip. 30 in Color and 5 in Extra, totalling up to 485 Puzzles. Extra requires S1/2/3 save data to unlock

New features include:
  • Total clear time counter (total of all first clear of each puzzle) -> By mode and all modes combined
  • High contrast colors (accessibility feature for colorblind people)

20% Off all Picross games on Switch, 50% off for those on 3DS...

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, was hoping tomorrow since I start my vacation from work, but Thanksgiving day is still nice to hear.

Maybe after this, we'll get the Mega Drive one in a few more months. It seems they alternate between a S entry & then one of their crossovers.

Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing picross s vol 1 for awhile. I love it. Which is the best to get out of 2-4? I really don't enjoy the mega puzzles in 1 so I hope it doesn't return for the others

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
There's a DEMO available to download on the JP eshop...

EDIT: You can try out 3 each from Mega/Normal/Clip... 1 from Extra. (And 4 Clip will be unlocked from one of the normal)

Only 3 of the 5 from Extra are locked by S1/2/3. Those ones are 40 x 30. The two that aren't locked are 30 x 30.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I've been playing picross s vol 1 for awhile. I love it. Which is the best to get out of 2-4? I really don't enjoy the mega puzzles in 1 so I hope it doesn't return for the others
All the games have Mega puzzles so you may be out of luck there.

They're all pretty similar really, but a few extra bells and whistles are added on as the series goes on. S2 added Clip Picross mode (smaller puzzles that make up bits of of a bigger picture), S3 introduced colour picross and giant picross came along in S4 but they're all pretty similar overall.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a DEMO available to download on the JP eshop...

EDIT: You can try out 3 each from Mega/Normal/Clip... 1 from Extra.

Only 3 of the 5 from Extra are locked by S1/2/3. Those ones are 40 x 30. The two that aren't locked are 30 x 30.
just like S4 then. i assume the demo will come to NA/EU eshops later as well.
also thanks for all your updates, added them to the OP.