• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
survivor_videogame_1.jpg

"This certainly is nothing new to Jurassic fans who are all too familiar with video game cancellations, but don't get too sad just yet. Universal Pictures have now registered a new trademark – Jurassic World Aftermath, which is also for a video game. The application was filed on 14th April and appears to be strikingly similar to the trademark for Survivor.

The description provided to the USPTO for JURASSIC WORLD AFTERMATH is Recorded interactive multi-media software for playing games; downloadable interactive multi-media software for playing games; downloadable software in the nature of a mobile application for playing games and accessing entertainment content for use with computers, portable handheld digital electronic communication devices, mobile devices, wired and wireless communication devices, and video game consoles; recorded computer game software for wireless and electronic mobile devices, mobile phones, hand-held electronic devices, and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software for wireless and electronic mobile devices, mobile phones, hand-held electronic devices, and video game consoles; computer game discs; video game discs; wireless communication devices and wireless communication systems comprised of computer hardware and recorded software for the transmission of audio, voice, and images; recorded computer virtual reality game software; downloadable virtual reality game software."

There have already been rumors of more Jurassic World Evolution games. So Universal wanted to expand the brand via gaming even more-so after that games success makes sense. As dinosaur games are few and far between when not from the indie scene. A new title for those who aren't fans of park builders would be a great addition to the Jurassic Park game library.

More at the link
Source: https://jurassicoutpost.com/universal-pictures-trademarks-new-video-game-jurassic-world-aftermath/

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those Raptor models are horrible. Hopefully those assets were redone after Survivor.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I really liked Frontier's take on the property. Would be cool if they get it again.

If not, a Turok spiritual successor would be super cool.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yes! Please god let this be true! We need more games with dinosaurs.

I really want a FPS with dinosaurs. A modern sequel to Trespasser on next gen and PC. Please!

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I've always wanted an open world, survival game that takes place on Nublar after the events of the original movie....

I could live with something similar in the JW universe as well.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was stupidly addicted to Evolution for a good while and bought all the DLC, would be in for another of those.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gimme something Tomb Raider/Uncharted meets Alien Isolation.

Adventure survival game with survival horror elements when encountering dinos. Not a traditional shooter, but like Alien Isolation, keep the combat focused on evasion and spooking or distracting the dinos.