• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have zero interest in anything from Colin unless it's another chapter in the BOHCU.
Book of Henry Cinematic Universe, you uncultured swine!

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Alternate solution: stop making these fucking Jurassic Park movies because everything outside the first one have been middling-at-best. Trailer sequence from Lost World notwithstanding.

They just need to drop the whole "people are dumb" and "dinosaurs are bulletproof" angle. And also feed the little girl to the T-rex for releasing a wave of death and destruction onto the world.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Loved jurrassic world hated fallen kingdom. Hope this isn't as bad. Fallen kingdom made me actively pissed off with all it's stupidity. A movie hasn't done that to me in a long time.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Movies love to do shit like this, as if lava is only hot if you touch it and doesn't radiate an extreme amount of heat from a good distance away.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
What predatory dinosaurs are left besides Carnotaurus, Rexy and Blue? Not like there's male dinosaurs for breeding or frog DNA for sex changing. No other raptors exist given Sorna's dinosaurs are apparently extinct.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

8 minutes long, features an animatronic, VFX from ILM, first major human dino encounter about a year after JW2, 20 miles from Lockwoods estate.

Dinosaur species involved are Nasutoceratops and an adult Allosaurus.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

8 minutes long, features an animatronic, VFX from ILM, first major human dino encounter about a year after JW2, 20 miles from Lockwoods estate.

Dinosaur species involved are Nasutoceratops and an adult Allosaurus.

Only 8 mins? I was hoping at least for a half hour (so 20ish mins w/commercials).

Hoping it's pure animatronic and not "we CG'd over it".

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so.

8557.jpeg

This is what Jurassic World should have been instead of the shitty Jurassic Park retread that they vomited out.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
What predatory dinosaurs are left besides Carnotaurus, Rexy and Blue? Not like there's male dinosaurs for breeding or frog DNA for sex changing. No other raptors exist given Sorna's dinosaurs are apparently extinct.

Apparently a lot got auctioned off already. The post credit scene has a bunch of pterodactyls in Las Vegas too. Still it's kinda silly that A) something like a dino can make past customs or the Coast Guard unnoticed and B) that being released in the land of 300 million guns that they wouldn't immediately slip back into extinction.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The dinosaurs of Jurassic World were male and female, and are very capable of breeding.

Baryonyx, Allosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Compsognathus, and Pteranodon are among the species transported on the Arcadia to mainland US, and wherever else

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
8 min? what kinda story can they tell in 8 min?
What!? Short films are a thing that have been around for like... forever. They even have an Oscars category!

Also the heart-wrenching opening to Pixar's UP is, you guessed it, 8 minutes long - and it details a couple's entire life together, the majority of it is silent, and probably regarded as one of the best pieces of film Pixar has made.

Er, not that the people who wrote this Jurassic World short are anywhere near the caliber of Pixar's writers.

I'd like to introduce you to the world of short films!
Hahaha seriously. Even most cartoons these days are two 11-minute episodes, that's only 3 minutes longer than this short.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

So info has it that the family of 4 will see the dinos fight. One good thing about Treverrow is that sometimes people aren't safe... So there might be a chance the Allo fills it's stomach with a person or dino.

The fact it's airing on FX and not NBC might mean it could get dark.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
On paper I am all for this format for Jurassic World-related media. Small personal stories of humans and dinosaurs interacting with each other and what arises out of it. You can have so many plays on cryptid stories too.

Of course, I have absolutely zero faith anything close to that dream will be realised, not with these muffinheads in charge.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
They just need to drop the whole "people are dumb" and "dinosaurs are bulletproof" angle. And also feed the little girl to the T-rex for releasing a wave of death and destruction onto the world.
They can't drop those angles, because then Jurassic World 3 would be over in five minutes. That handful of dinosaurs the girl released could be stopped by five army tanks.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand I hope this short features Dilophosaurus. On the other hand if it does that pretty much guarantees it won't show up in JW3. The most likely scenario though is that it shows up in neither. :(

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I know, I know, people might not want to hear this... They should have stopped at the first movie, a timeless classic. Every JP film since has been a huge disappointment because none of them have ever topped the first and that comparison will always be there. Number 2, those vicious baddies, a baby with a broken leg and an angry mum that takes revenge. Number 3, T Rex meets it's match with an even badder Dino that is dead vicious. Meanwhile, a passionate junior paleontologist suffers a lapse of judgement and pays the ultimate price. Number 4, that dangerous geneticist from number 1 defies the laws of nature and creates an abomination of prehistoric nature and it takes two lifelong, friendly dino friends working together to redress the balance. Number 5, a new dawn, a new park, dangerous genetics, the dangers of not learning from history and the baddest of a bad prehistoric ambintations yet who doesn't reckon on one tenacious little hero who never gives up. Welcome to Jurassic Park. The end...?

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For reference, here's a look at their designs from Jurassic World Alive -- though it's like the game altered/deformed them to fir preexisting rigs.

807c7F9.png