• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Is the upcoming Jurassic Park Blu-Ray repack based on the master of the 3D Blu-Ray?
I have the first print and I kinda want to upgrade since its a beautiful steelbook and the master is so superior

JURASSIC-PARK-%28STEEL-EDIT.-MMS-EXKLUSIV%29---%28Blu-ray%29

https://www.caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=470&y=274&d1=2276&d2=292&s1=21061&s2=3003&l=0&i=6&go=1

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, Amazon just sent me a cancellation notice for my Ultra HD Blu-ray JP 25th Anniversary Collection, because they were unable to obtain enough stock.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Yeeeeeah, I'm buying this whole line, ain't I?

This is the JP series I always wanted growing up. Not weird, buff Alan that looks nothing like Sam Neill, lol.

Grant should have included an actual flare instead of a flaregun.

If they make Tim it should include the goggles.
Yeah, I was gonna say, why the hell does Grant have a flare gun? lol

What's weird though is that Grant has the flare on the back of the T. rex box, and it looks like a toy to me.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Figures aren't great but they're definitely the best we've ever had for these characters so I guess they're a buy. The back with the 3 compies on them reminds me of the artwork the cards used to have.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Figures aren't great but they're definitely the best we've ever had for these characters so I guess they're a buy. The back with the 3 compies on them reminds me of the artwork the cards used to have.

Those cards were amazing! We seriously need an animated show to come back and get made based on those....

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
We're probably going to be getting the JP Legacy toys soon. Got a few boxes of stuff for the 4/15 toy reset today (assorted Incredibles 2 toys and some Infinity War Lego BrickHeadz).

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Legacy toys are on the truck right now, will be here on Thursday. I work that day so if there's any without photos online I might try and sneak a pic. :P

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Explorer Jeep looks rough, I'm a bit bummed. We got a fairly great replica of the Wrangler for the last movie.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So, here's the best look at the Sinoceratops yet

eh57O3X.png

It's nuts this was designed as a Pachyrhinosaurus, and was going to be called that if fans didn't spark a debate online after the first trailer. It looks NOTHING like one.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Will this shipment be on shelves come Thurs/Fri or will it all remain in the back until a certain date?
Hard street dated until 4/16. Set date is 4/15, so some stores may put it on shelves that day, but you still won't be able to buy them until the 16th. Most will probably set the location on 4/15 (unless they're late to doing their toy reset), and then hold the stock in back until the next day (or later, if the store isn't on top of things, but since it's a whole exclusive line that shouldn't happen in most stores).

Oct 27, 2017
Hard street dated until 4/16. Set date is 4/15, so some stores may put it on shelves that day, but you still won't be able to buy them until the 16th. Most will probably set the location on 4/15 (unless they're late to doing their toy reset), and then hold the stock in back until the next day (or later, if the store isn't on top of things, but since it's a whole exclusive line that shouldn't happen in most stores).
Great, thank you!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just saw the news about Jeff sort of teasing Ellie Sattler for JW3. I hope we can see the original trio all in the same JP film again reprising their roles.

I know some people disagree since the dinosaurs are the stars. But the characters were a large part why JP is so loved 25 years later.

I'm still half expecting a ending teaser thing for FK. I know there was that rumor about SamNeill awhile back. Would kinda work with how originally Harrison Ford in Blade Runner was supposed to be a secret.

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the news about Jeff sort of teasing Ellie Sattler for JW3. I hope we can see the original trio all in the same JP film again reprising their roles.

I know some people disagree since the dinosaurs are the stars. But the characters were a large part why JP is so loved 25 years later.

I'm still half expecting a ending teaser thing for FK. I know there was that rumor about SamNeill awhile back. Would kinda work with how originally Harrison Ford in Blade Runner was supposed to be a secret.
Grant i'd literally take in every single appearance possible.
dude was my childhood hero and like Indiana Jones.... only Grant was cooler because he had to take on and survive dinosaurs.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I was right then? Because after the trailer I thought I heard Ellie at the beginning. The voice talking about seeing your first dinosaur. Claire is in that dialogue for sure, but I'm pretty sure there's another voice as well, and it sounds like Ellie.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Welp, bunch of toys came in early, haha. Apparently a ton came in yesterday when I wasn't working, and some more came in today. Mostly non-exclusives, particularly the Fisher-Price Imaginext stuff, but we did get a couple Legacy boxes (Extreme Chompin' T-Rex and the Legacy Jeep Wrangler). There were a few boxes I didn't get to check the labels for, since someone stacked a bunch of crap on them right before break, lol. Think they were mostly the Super Colossal Rex and the action vehicles though.

It was funny, shortly after I got in my boss came up to me and told me we got a bunch of Jurassic Park toys, and we kept joking about them being "mine" every time one cropped up, lol. He even pulled me aside and said if any just so happened to somehow "open themselves", I should probably check them, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
No dice on the other Legacy stuff. Got backstocked before I could check it and I didn't want to tear apart stuff in the backroom on break lol.

I had the Indoraptor/Lockwood Lego set in my hands today though. I wanted to keep it. T_T Also got the T. rex Breakout.

Oh, and there's going to be Walmart exclusive BrickHeadz?

Oct 28, 2017
England
Wow that gameplay bit really really sold me on that game. Now digital or physical...? Any special editions announced?

There is a delux edition that can be pre-ordered now. In addition to some skins for vehicles, it comes with five new dinosaurs.

oArXLED.png

• Styracosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
I really appreciate how they used the Jurassic World's website design for the Suchomimus, rather than create a different one.

Oct 27, 2017
There is a delux edition that can be pre-ordered now. In addition to some skins for vehicles, it comes with five new dinosaurs.

oArXLED.png

• Styracosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
I really appreciate how they used the Jurassic World's website design for the Suchomimus, rather than create a different one.
Neat. I'll have to look more into to that and if there will be a doodad physical edition. I'm going PS4 so I hope everything runs ok (on amateur).

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BlE9mnn.gif

If the script is good, then I'm okay with it. I think most of my problems with JW were due to its writing (characters/dialogue, specifically).

Same. None of the new characters appeal to me. I loved JW for the crazy dino action. Trevorrow can create spectacle, but I'm not convinced he can do anything else. Also, I hate hate hate the color grading in these new films. And I hate how cartoony most of the dinosaurs look now, especially their eyes. CG is better than eve, but when the design is crap, what can you do?

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can't wait for the JW3 ads

"From the writer of Pacific Rim Uprising, and director of The Book of Henry!"

But seriously - my main gripe is the writing team, I wouldn't be so saddened if we had different names there. I think Colin isn't a bad director, though I'm not sure he's the best fit for Jurassic Park.

On another note, a fuck ton of new Mattel JW images surfaced:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Really like the Indoraptor and Ceratosaurus! Some of the colour choices are odd on some, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Trevorrow isn't bad at directing, but he's quite boring. There's nothing particularly interesting about how he directs a scene, and since he's co-writing again it means that he doesn't have a script to fall back. And of course, he's not going to be toying with the script during production and papering over its issues, which we could have gotten with another director (which is why I'm optimistic with Bayona). It's going to be a Trevorrow film through and through, which... yeah.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How bad are micro transactions in Planet Coaster? This whole Deluxe edition of JW Evolution is already giving me a bad feeling.