• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Rexy looks so happy.

Dd8_Ru6VwAA3249.jpg:large

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On June 10th there's going to be show the original Jurassic Park movie with a live orchestra in my city, sadly JP 25th live orchestra didn't make it but this is a good replacement.

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm in the middle of a back and forth with Vudu over UHD compatibility. Apparently there's a list of like maybe a dozen tvs that are able to stream UHD content and mine isn't one of them.

Except 'IT' worked in the past. And if I'm able to select UHD content, purchase it and am even given the option to select it during playback and as a default quality setting option... how is it not compatible? It's pure fuckery. My PS4 doesn't give me those options ffs.

I just want to watch JP goddamnit!

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So...when are tickets going up for preorder? Every other big blockbuster sells tickets at least a month or more in advance, and we're less than a month out from Fallen Kingdom and still nothing. I really want to just secure my seats and any Alamo merch that goes along with it.

So I'm in the middle of a back and forth with Vudu over UHD compatibility. Apparently there's a list of like maybe a dozen tvs that are able to stream UHD content and mine isn't one of them.

Except 'IT' worked in the past. And if I'm able to select UHD content, purchase it and am even given the option to select it during playback and as a default quality setting option... how is it not compatible? It's pure fuckery. My PS4 doesn't give me those options ffs.

I just want to watch JP goddamnit!

That sucks. My cousin has always had problems playing UHD content on Vudu, some stuff would play and others wouldn't. I think it all boils down to the crappy UHD drm standards that each studio seems to have a different version of, and Vudu lets them all use their own standard instead of having its own unified standard.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
So...when are tickets going up for preorder? Every other big blockbuster sells tickets at least a month or more in advance, and we're less than a month out from Fallen Kingdom and still nothing. I really want to just secure my seats and any Alamo merch that goes along with it.

Huh? Solo started preorders only 3 weeks in advance. I'm sure it'll be so in the next week or so. They're probably waiting for some of these big blockbusters to die down before announcing pre orders.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like the "limited edition" 4k set just gives you cash to see FK? What's the pount since it's priced higher anyways? So weird...

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017

Gotta ask... are you expecting this film to be any good? I know you liked the opening minutes of the film, but have mentioned in another thread you are expecting it to be critically panned (or something along those lines). Are you expecting a big drop off in quality after those opening minutes? Or is this a film only some fans will enjoy? I value your opinion on things Jurassic, just curious where you stand right now.

Last edited:

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Got my tickets for the 21st at 7:00pm at a AMC Dolby Cinema. Saw the showings for the JW and JW:FK double feature but it was only for regular digital showings.... also would have preferred all of the films instead of just JW.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird you guys had to wait so long. I've had my tickets for weeks. Damn, just a little over a week left! Why is it earlier in Europe, does anyone know?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's kinda odd how spaced out it is compared to avengers. I'm guessing they wanna give it breathing room here in the US. So they can perhaps get a larger opening.

I imagine they thought Solo would eat it alive, but that's not looking like it would have been a problem. If I were Universal I would have been more worried about Incredibles 2 releasing the week before.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
So Lootcrate has Jurassic Park, Godzilla and Ghostbusters in their June box. I actually had to get that one and now I'm feeling dirty.
Gotta cancel the renewal as soon as that single box is out.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If anyone can grab a spare of the target exclusive Injured Ian Malcolm can you hook me up please? No store near me have it and the closest one convenient says "not sold at this store".

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up my tickets last night for the Sat showing! I usually pick up for my group of friends, and Saturdays just work best with some that have to commute/work overtime.

Saw some Jurassic merch at Boxed Lunch, too. The dog toys were pretty cute.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I mentioned before I won tickets to the premier and the date is June 7th ! I'm Excited ! Can't beloeve that it's this soon .

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Going to the Columbus Zoo today with my friends for my birthday, all wearing Jurassic Park shirts. Did the same thing last year at the Cincinnati Zoo, was a ton of fun.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But do you live in those countries that it's going to premier on the 7th? Because here the release date is the 21st so being able to see it at around the same time is enough for me, I won't get jealous of 2 days before ;)

It'll also help avoid spoilers so much easier, 2 days is easier than like 2 weeks haha. Hype. I guess now I won't be able to re-watch all 4 films before the premier but oh well, not like I haven't seen them enough.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
It releases on the 6th in my country. I'll stay silent on spoilers anyway aside from my overall impressions.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
According to a video clip I just saw, the dinosaurs are immune to lava in this movie. A Baryonyx can just shrug off lava splashed right on its head. Why are they running from a volcano if they're immune to lava?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The Target-exclusive Owen & Baby Blue Funko has been arriving at stores too. Same thing as Ian - officially sets on Sunday, but not street-dated, so depending on the store you might be able to buy it now.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Non-NA people. Let us know what you thought! I'm definately curious, but won't be clicking on spoiler overviews until after we (wait a few weeks..) get it here.

JW definately had differing opinions, and I feel like this one will too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ended up finding an injured Ian pop for $22 on eBay brand new. Fine with that price. Since that's basically the price of two funko. I can make an exception since it's like the only Jurassic Park one I absolutely wanted.

Now I just gotta wait on Ellie Sattler in the Jeep.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Ended up finding an injured Ian pop for $22 on eBay brand new. Fine with that price. Since that's basically the price of two funko. I can make an exception since it's like the only Jurassic Park one I absolutely wanted.

Now I just gotta wait on Ellie Sattler in the Jeep.
Why'd you already give up on Target? It doesn't even officially release for another two days and stores are getting multiple shipments.