• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a public figure who has disappointed me more in my entire life.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
DbujmmIXUAEO0pR.jpg:large

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The case was the first high-profile trial of the #MeToo era. Candidates were required during jury selection to provide assurances that the accusations against scores of other famous men would not affect their judgment of Mr. Cosby. Mr. Cosby's lawyers referred to the changed atmosphere in American society, warning it and the introduction of accounts from multiple other accusers risked denying Mr. Cosby a fair trial by distracting jurors' attention. "Mob rule is not due process," Kathleen Bliss, one of Mr. Cosby's lawyers told the jury.

Then she spent much of her closing argument urging the jury to discount the accounts of the five supporting witnesses. One was a failed starlet who slept around, she suggested, another a publicity seeker. "Questioning an accuser is not shaming a victim," she told the jury.

The remarks enflamed Ms. Feden, the prosecutor, who called the attacks on the women the same sort of filthy and shameful criticism that kept some victims of sexual assault from ever coming forward.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/...guilty-retrial.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

His lawyer sounds like a real nasty piece of work.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tragic.

Not saying he doesn't deserve it just it's tragic to see a man I grew up (Fat Albert, Cosby show, etc) with turned out to be a monster.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm shocked, justice has been served. I looked up to this man throughout my childhood and talked nothing but praise about him, but all that is gone and I'm glad to see he got what was deserved.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What will infuriate me to the end of time was how this piece of shit had the NERVE to constantly criticize black culture with his holier-than-thou attitude against things like drugs and sex, all while he was drugging and raping women.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
His lawyer sounds like a real nasty piece of work.

When you're getting paid as much as she is morality goes out the window. She's doing her job.

On topic the conviction is great, but I doubt he'll ever step foot in a prison. He's 80 and well he's 80. 10 years of house arrest and likely the sweet kiss of death before then. As sad as it is to admit Cosby is the real winner here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WaPo: 7 man 5 woman jury, took less than two days to convict Bill Cosby: https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...90efaf1f1ee_story.html?utm_term=.55bdc5ad574b

Once one of the nation's most admired men, a pioneering African American actor beloved for his role as Dr. Cliff Huxtable on the 1980s megahit "The Cosby Show," Cosby was recast in a suburban Philadelphia courtroom as a merciless predator and sexual deviant. A 7-man, 5-woman jury took less than two days to convict Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, a Temple University women's basketball operations director more than three decades his junior who the comedian lured into his home with promises of mentorship.

During 12 days of testimony and arguments in the first celebrity trial of the #MeToo era of awareness about sexual assault and harassment, Cosby was often a silent figure. He sat at the head of the defense table beneath rows of massive iron chandeliers in a marble-clad courthouse built before the Civil War in this hardscrabble city about 45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. But the 80-year-old's face often betrayed his emotions as he sat at the head of the defense table with a pencil-thin wooden cane by his side. But on the final day before his case went to the jury, Cosby laughed and smirked at the defense table, then in an extraordinary moment of courtroom drama engaged in an uncomfortable stare-down with prosecutor Kristen Feden, who is less than half his age.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I was so worried this would end in another mistrial. Huge respect to the jury for delivering a just verdict and not letting themselves be fooled by Cosby, his scumbag lawyers and not to mention Camille who has been Cosby's business manager for over 40 years and helped craft the legal strategy of launching endless, outrageous attacks on the victims. It won't undo all the pain his countless victims have gone through over the decades but at least a measure of justice has been served and he has finally been held accountable.