• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
It's still all kinds of fucked that it took another man, Hannibal Burress, to remind people of Cosby's old accusations to get the ball rolling again on these crimes.

That being said, I'm glad it's finally happened and all the women Cosby assaulted can have some sort of justice.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.png

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Well, his actions are indefensible. What more is there to say?

Saw some Cosby show reruns on the other day, didn't watch and there's no way it'll ever be the same.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
My brain still has a hard time trying to reconcile that Bill Cosby of all people was a serial rapist.

Just one big WTF.

It shouldn't be though what recent history should show people is a lot of people just outright ignore sexual assault or rape for whatever reason it is infuriating and down right disgusting. I mean from cosby, sandusky, the catholic church, us gymnastics, the prep volleyball coach, us swimming, Baylor and other colleges, Harvey Weinstein, and Trump that is literally over 1000's of sexual assaults and rapes that went ignored or unreported.

Last edited:

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, now I'm going to have to really get rid of those copies of Ghost Dad, and not hide them in the Beethoven The 2nd DVD case along with Nut Busters 30.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He admitted he drugged women in his 2005 settlement - a recorded admission on tape.

He had no chance when that got unsealed for the jury to hear. I can't believe that was even kept sealed all these years to be honest.

The DA even offered him a plea deal, and he turned it down.

He honestly believed no jury would ever convict him because he was Bill Cosby.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Carlock said 30 Rock creator and co-showrunner Tina Fey had been "grinding that ax for a long time," since her days doing Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.

"That was not an accident," he continued. "From my memory, the joke was more overt. And because he had not been found guilty of anything — and still hasn't — we had to reword it to be a little more obtuse."

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's still all kinds of fucked that it took another man, Hannibal Burress, to remind people of Cosby's old accusations to get the ball rolling again on these crimes.

That being said, I'm glad it's finally happened and all the women Cosby assaulted can have some sort of justice.
I have never heard anyone give Hannibal Burress credit for getting Billy Cosby accusations momentum. Were they not discussed prior to his comments?

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Do seniors go to a different jail in America or will he be in general population.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Basically the same for me, though not the road trip part. I went through a few year stint of listening to "Himself" every night going to sleep when i was like 9-10.

Saw him a few times, 2008 and like 2010.

Really weird for me during this whole process. Don't like him anymore and can't listen to his bits.

Never saw him live, but Bill Cosby Himself and The Cosby Show were HUGE parts of my childhood, but I can't separate the art from the artist. It's hard for me to even quote my favorite bits from "Himself" these days. Fuck Bill Cosby.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
He admitted he drugged women in his 2005 settlement - a recorded admission on tape.

He had no chance when that got unsealed for the jury to hear. I can't believe that was even kept sealed all these years to be honest.

The DA even offered him a plea deal, and he turned it down.

He honestly believed no jury would ever convict him because he was Bill Cosby.
Is there a good article on this?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This has been really devastating for me. I grew up really loving and respecting him. He has really changed the face of America in so many positive ways... It is great that someone of his status can be brought to justice for the terrible shit he has done, but this is just something that will take me ages to get over I think.

I hope that means more extremely successful people who have committed similar acts get revealed for who they are now that people know this can happen. If a cultural icon like Cosby can be brought down, theoretically almost no one should be bulletproof.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how Trump is president and Cosby is a convicted rapist. The past 3 years has really, really, really turned my life upside down.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard anyone give Hannibal Burress credit for getting Billy Cosby accusations momentum. Were they not discussed prior to his comments?
Really? I hear it a lot. Even heard Hannibal say how he couldn't believe people started to really question Cosby after he started talking about it, even though it wasn't really a secret.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
They were discussed and reported on, but it was during a time in the mid 2000s before social media and YouTube became ever present.

Hannibal did a stand up bit in 2014 where he flat out called Cosby a rapist:

That clip went viral, and people started looking into the old stories and allegations with new eyes. That led to it being brought up again in the public sphere, which set the stage for more women to come out.

"Wikipedia article on Bill Cosby sexual assault allegations" said:
Assault allegations against Cosby became more public after an October 2014 comedy routine by comedian Hannibal Buress alluding to Cosby's covert sexual misbehavior went viral, and many additional claims were made after that date.

That being said, the real people who should be praised are the women who spoke up against Cosby. Hannibal just made a ballsy joke that brought him notoriety. These women had to deal with not only being assaulted and raped, but also being called liars and dragged through the mud by Cosby, his legal team, and braindead Cosby fans.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
They're not touching him and you know it. Heat's gonna die down and some years later he'll be working in some capacity in Hollywood again.
Yeah, him, Weinstein and Spacey will all star in a movie together and redeem themselves. No way. Guys like them are done just due to their association with these crimes let alone the guilty verdict. Even if they were to make an attempted comeback, whoever would be willing to associate with them would burn their own career.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So glad Pudding Pops are not still around see this.

Kidding aside, see ya Cosby. Nice job ruining your legacy. At least justice had been served for these women.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do seniors go to a different jail in America or will he be in general population.

Either way, I don't see him living much longer. He's looked very bad every time he's been on camera and I'm also wondering if there isn't some serious dementia setting in.

I could see him going to prison for a couple of years and then getting released to basically die at home.

He doesn't deserve that dignity but he's got enough wealth and clout to get that type of concession.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Get fucking rekt. Even without jail time, which he should rot in jail, his legacy is now 100% destroyed with this court ruling. No more anyone trying to come to his defense.