• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I know this sounds a bit extreme, but at his age, anyone else think he might try to kill himself rather than go to jail? Seems stuff like this happens a lot in these situations.

He's probably not going to prison. He's too old and the US Prison system won't properly care for him. If he does go it'll be a max of 5 years and he'll maybe serve 2 imo. He's an 80 year old dude with maybe 10 years left. His reputation is destroyed and his legacy ruined. Prison won't change or help anything at this point.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
^^^

A few months ago there was a story that police are investigating at least one of Weinstein's assaults which occurred in NY a few years ago, charges are still possible.

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
bill-cosby-accusers-lili-bernard-and-caroline-heldman-react-after-the-picture-id951578648

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Lili Bernard and Caroline Heldman react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578640

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard, and Victoria Valentino react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578624

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard, and Victoria Valentino react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578610

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard and Victoria Valentino (far right) react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)
bill-cosby-accusers-victoria-valentino-caroline-heldman-and-lili-picture-id951578620

Jury Finds Bill Cosby Guilty In Retrial
NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers Victoria Valentino (R), Caroline Heldman (L) and Lili Bernard (2L) react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

These are some of the most important images you could ever see regarding this.
Gave me chills. Thank you for posting these.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ABC News @ABC

NEW: Judge orders Bill Cosby to undergo Sexually Violent Predator Assessment by a sexual offender's assessment board. The board is ordered to submit its report to the Montgomery County district attorney within next 90 days. https://abcn.ws/2HvjXNT

3:04 PM - Apr 27, 2018

Also:
The New York Times @nytimes

To discredit Bill Cosby's accusers, his publicist cited the Emmett Till lynching https://nyti.ms/2I5Q8jY

3:00 PM - Apr 27, 2018

NYT: Bill Cosby's Publicist, Seeking to Discredit Accusers, Invokes Emmett Till

On Friday, during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America," one of Mr. Cosby's publicists invoked Till when asked whether the dozens of women who have accused Mr. Cosby of sexual abuse were lying.

"Since when are all people honest?" the publicist, Ebonee Benson, said. "And since when are all women honest? We can take a look at Emmett Till, for example. Since when are all people honest?"

Mr. Cosby's other publicist, Andrew Wyatt, added that "this became a public lynching."

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
^^^

Twisting the brutal torture and murder of Emmett Till into a completely inappropriate PR talking point in order to attack the women even further, just when you think Cosby and Camille couldn't be any more pathetic and disgusting.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Also:

NYT: Bill Cosby's Publicist, Seeking to Discredit Accusers, Invokes Emmett Till

On Friday, during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America," one of Mr. Cosby's publicists invoked Till when asked whether the dozens of women who have accused Mr. Cosby of sexual abuse were lying.

"Since when are all people honest?" the publicist, Ebonee Benson, said. "And since when are all women honest? We can take a look at Emmett Till, for example. Since when are all people honest?"

Mr. Cosby's other publicist, Andrew Wyatt, added that "this became a public lynching."

Despicable. Cosby and the people around him can fucking rot.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe he did though

although highly possible

like......it's Cliff Huxtable though.

Cliff Huxtable as a rapist simply does not compute for me

I hear it and I see it but I don't believe it

Cognitive dissonance is what it's referred to I think

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe he did though

although highly possible

like......it's Cliff Huxtable though.

Cliff Huxtable as a rapist simply does not compute for me

I hear it and I see it but I don't believe it

Cognitive dissonance is what it's referred to I think

Believe it. He's not his character

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Defending/downplaying a convicted rapist.
Believe it. He's not his character
the sheer number of accusations certainly doesn't look good.

that alone should cause you to take notice.

But being a fan of the scientific method/evidence I just can't roll with it.

He probably did it, but I don't think anyone should convict people via He/She said He/She said.

If there was some DNA evidence or something tangible involved I'd be less conflicted.

Meh, I'd rather not think about it either way...(the idea of there possibly being millions of innocent people in jail frightens me so I'd rather just turn my brain off)..if he did it, then he got what he deserved...if Not then that's tragic also.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

He probably did it, but I don't think anyone should convict people via He/She said He/She said.

If there was some DNA evidence or something tangible involved I'd be less conflicted.

Meh, I'd rather not think about it either way...(the idea of there possibly being millions of innocent people in jail frightens me so I'd rather just turn my brain off)..if he did it, then he got what he deserved...if Not then that's tragic also.

Jesus christ.

I thought your first post was a I know it's true but I don't want to believe it.... not an actual question of doubt and profession that he might be innocent

You realize he admitted to drugging women eh

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So now its innocent even when guilty? What is this "if he did it" stuff when he's literally convicted, has over 50 accusers, and has admitted to it? How much more evidence could you possibly need?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sexual assault is hard to prove. Justice is rare. DNA evidence doesn't mean much if the accused says everything was consensual. Cosby said the encounter was consensual.

As for you being worried about "millions of innocent people in jail" due to false sexual assault allegations, then I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know anything.
Clearly.

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i want to apologize to the community for the post i made. i should not have made that post as i was in a rush to go to the cinema to watch infinity war and did not put any thorough reflective thought in the typing. please forgive me.

AA, BA, MA, LD; Five star general.