• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017

I'm vaguely reminded of R. Kelly's lawyer in The Boondocks.

d80c3dca49a69bab3327e2ea40a82a9f92d26683_hq.jpg

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Cosby might die due to his age. This is too much for him.

I'm still shocked by this whole thing.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't IMO. Despite what Cosby was and is now, it's still a good show and even though it has his name on it, there were a lot of people involved in the show spanning several years.

I mean, they might, sure, but I don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, he's going to run right? Got to figure he knows if he goes he's dying in prison.

I wish there was a way that the profits from his work were obligated to go partially to women's charities or at least fashioned in such a way that Bill Cosby could no longer directly benefit.

His work is a cultural treasure and we're all lesser off with it being shut away from sight. At the same time, he should no longer have the fame, wealth, and privilege from his contributions.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I wish there was a way that the profits from his work were obligated to go partially to women's charities or at least fashioned in such a way that Bill Cosby could no longer directly benefit.

His work is a cultural treasure and we're all lesser off with it being shut away from sight. At the same time, he should no longer have the fame, wealth, and privilege from his contributions.
I like this. Amazon should totally do something like this. Stream his show but any money exchanged goes to a women's charity of sorts.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The Juanita Broaddrick one is the most damning IIRC. It's the most violent, and has women whom she told about the incident at the time (I forget the term for this — contemporaneous corroboraters?)

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

Edit: Corrected Kathleen Willey to Juanita Broaddrick
I hate how Hillary tried to explain this away. Isn't the rape corroborated by verified, dated hotel bills/iteneraries and friends and family members she told the day it happened?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The AP reports that the current district attorney apologized to Constand for a previous decision by a previous DA to not charge Cosby: https://apnews.com/66ba264a7ec04ccf...y-convicted-of-drugging-and-molesting-a-woman

After the verdict, the district attorney became teary-eyed as he commended Constand for what he said was courage in coming forward. As Constand stood silently behind him in a bright white blazer, Steele apologized to her for a previous DA's decision in 2005 not to charge Cosby.

Steele said Cosby "was a man who had evaded this moment for far too long."

"He used his celebrity, he used his wealth, he used his network of supporters to help him conceal his crimes," the district attorney said. "Now, we really know today who was really behind that act, who the real Bill Cosby was."

Cosby could get up to 10 years in prison on each of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault. He is likely to get less than that under state sentencing guidelines, but given his age, even a modest term could mean he will die behind bars.

I totally agree with Steele's statement that Cosby "was a man who had evaded" criminal charges "for far too long" since Costand was sexually assaulted by Cosby all the way back in 2004.

Cosby should be put in jail, I hope the court rejects this appeal attempt that the AP stated that Cosby's lawyer stated there will be an appeal:

Cosby waved to the crowd outside the courthouse, got into an SUV and left without saying anything. His lawyer Tom Mesereau declared "the fight is not over" and said he will appeal.

It's remarkable to think how this trial would not have happened without Hannibal Buress taking Cosby on in his comedy routine.

Brave women had already come forward, but America wasn't paying attention. Buress made them take notice.

It's likely that Cosby would have been one of the media titans toppled by the #MeToo movement in a world without Buress, but that would have come too late to bring Cosby to trial.

The AP reports that the current district attorney apologized to Constand for a previous decision by a previous DA to not charge Cosby: https://apnews.com/66ba264a7ec04ccf...y-convicted-of-drugging-and-molesting-a-woman
Steele essentially ran for office on a "prosecute Cosby" platform. His opponent was the DA at the time Constand first made her accusation, and declined to pursue the case. Steele raked him for it in his campaign ads.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it's official, if only so Cosby can't escape this part of his legacy before he passes away. He raped those women, and he will not die until he realizes the world will not forget.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Are they finally pudding him away?

Ok that got me. Funny stuff.

I said "almost". There are exceptions, such as the group of idiots in that jury pool.

Anyone that states this.... did you actually look at the trail and the evidence the jury was given to deliberate on? You do know they were forced to state not guilty becasue the LAPD botched the case so beyond a doubt could not have happened. Maybe it would have been different if the LAPD wasn't trying to actively frame him and got caught so and put on record.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My (black) mom is insisting that this is just "public lynching of black people for the modern age". I just shook my head and walked away. There's solidarity with your people and then there's just being a damn rape apologist.

sourbeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aww here
I used to watch this dude with my grandma, always bailing theo out some shit. And nagging the neighbor kid.

Is it wrong to say I'm glad she died before the verdict struck? Cause this would've stung a Reich era survivor stony

My first comedy album/vinyl - arguably one that got me started in standup - he talked about riding shopping carts down the hill. Down what hill, Bill. Those sloppy slopes

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (A Week) : Downplay sexual assault and sexual allegations. Accumulated infractions.
damn. he was at least guilty on some but not all of them. sad that it is a numbers game. i was gunning that it was all false due to the ones who lied and fabricated. but it is what it is.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I was surprised it wasn't another hung jury. I still have doubts as to whether or not he'll serve any time, but we'll see. I feel for all the women who finally got their truths told. Its too bad it took this long.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I've been looking at YouTube comments through multiple videos to see how they're taking it. And I fucking hate this planet. Who are these people that make up 90% of comments saying he shouldn't be going to prison because there's no "proof". They still say that even if there is proof he shouldn't have to go to prison for committing rape decades ago. Some people are even saying it's the women's fault for being around him or that they're just after his money. I hate people.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
damn. he was at least guilty on some but not all of them. sad that it is a numbers game. i was gunning that it was all false due to the ones who lied and fabricated. but it is what it is.
Have you been following this trial at all? Perhaps you should expand a bit on your post.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think they'd actually get him. This is why all my heroes were either dead or imaginary.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
bill-cosby-accusers-lili-bernard-and-caroline-heldman-react-after-the-picture-id951578648

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Lili Bernard and Caroline Heldman react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578640

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard, and Victoria Valentino react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578624

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard, and Victoria Valentino react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

bill-cosby-accusers-caroline-heldman-lili-bernard-and-victoria-react-picture-id951578610

NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers (L-R) Caroline Heldman, Lili Bernard and Victoria Valentino (far right) react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)
bill-cosby-accusers-victoria-valentino-caroline-heldman-and-lili-picture-id951578620

Jury Finds Bill Cosby Guilty In Retrial
NORRISTOWN, PA - APRIL 26: Bill Cosby accusers Victoria Valentino (R), Caroline Heldman (L) and Lili Bernard (2L) react after the guilty on all counts verdict was delivered in the sexual assault retrial at the Montgomery County Courthouse on April 26, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Cosby was found guilty on all accounts after a former Temple University employee alleges that the entertainer drugged and molested her in 2004 at his home in suburban Philadelphia. More than 40 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. (Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)

These are some of the most important images you could ever see regarding this.

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

What? He was found guilty for just one instance of sexual assault, not all of them.

What a nonsense post.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this sounds a bit extreme, but at his age, anyone else think he might try to kill himself rather than go to jail? Seems stuff like this happens a lot in these situations.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I know this sounds a bit extreme, but at his age, anyone else think he might try to kill himself rather than go to jail? Seems stuff like this happens a lot in these situations.

I think it's more likely he would try to flee. Cosby is extremely arrogant and he has been brazenly hellbent on trying to avoid any and all responsibility and consequences for his actions (oh the irony) this entire time.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

He seems like he has too much ego to kill him self. He's probably convinced he's going to get out of this somehow because he's Bill Cosby and he always gets away with whatever he wants.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
My (black) mom is insisting that this is just "public lynching of black people for the modern age". I just shook my head and walked away. There's solidarity with your people and then there's just being a damn rape apologist.

It is something to think about that the black celebrity rapist gets 10 years while no-one is even bringing criminal charges against, say, Weinstein. Though it's hard to see this as anything but justice served.