• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
It's not fact, at least not legally, yet. They can afford to let this play out, let their lawyers make the calls, and not rush to a decision. It's wholly different from the Rosanne thing. Rosanne wasn't arrested and on trial.
If you believe the two Nigeria brothers and what the cops reported on their findings dudes guilty as fuck

But smart move is them just waiting it out and do what their lawyers say

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, ignoring modpost
One of the biggest problems on the old site was mods participating and banning people.

It's why we still get called an echo chamber.

final_5c6f38eb28f93e001485111b_45316.jpg

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said earlier in the thread, Empire probably wouldn't survive w/o Smollet anyway. They're between season 5 right now and I fully expect the show to wind down with all this shit going on. It certainly looks like it's ending from the last midseason, but we'll see.

Season 5's whole thing is someone is sitting in a casket but they've gone the entire season without showing who it is, just given hints as to why multiple people could die.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's fair to give FOX a pass just because they "need to write him off". Just in the last year or two we have seen shows write characters off off-screen after crazy things happened and those went just fine. Heck, I'd say what this dude did is even worse than all the others considering the insane amount of blatant evidence out there proving it, not to mention the harm that he did overall.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't think it's fair to give FOX a pass just because they "need to write him off". Just in the last year or two we have seen shows write characters off off-screen after crazy things happened and those went just fine. Heck, I'd say what this dude did is even worse than all the others considering the insane amount of blatant evidence out there proving it, not to mention the harm that he did overall.
Like who Roseanne? It was in-between seasons.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What Kevin Spacey did was, undoubtedly, worse than what Jussie did. Kevin Spacey, Roseanne and Jussie are the only prominent actors I can think of that forced shows to write them off.

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
Man, watching the entire Robin Roberts interview from a week ago is rough to get through knowing everything that we know now.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Like who Roseanne? It was in-between seasons.

That's one. Spacey, Sheen, surely there are more examples but these are pretty high profile ones. All I'm saying is that if I'm FOX, no way in hell this dude ever steps foot on set again. There is no way his contract allows him to be able to come back after legal trouble such as this. The faster this case is brought to an ultimate end the better.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One thing that stings about this is that unlike other high profile crimes or faked crimes, Jussie was ALREADY a full fledged role model and leading example of Black LGBTQ on television. I'm neither, so I can't speak to how that feels to them. That show was huge in ratings. I watched the first two seasons of Empire and he was an absolute standout part of the show. Empire might not have been paying him what he thinks he deserved but he was doing a lot of good there and growing his career. But somehow that wasn't enough for him. He well overreached and threw away everything, and hurt people who should be able to trust him. What a selfish, stupid person underneath it all.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I could imagine the writers on Empire got their orders to create scripts to remove Jamal someway lol.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Since it appears some/most of y'all don't know; The bail system is entirely set up to make the govt money.

If you're not a flight risk & can afford it, then you're allowed to post bail and (presumably) go back to work.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the Law and Order episode though
this will 100% be on SVU next season, ending with the Jussie stand-in getting off at trial before becoming the victim of a for-real hate crime that the detectives find out about in the last shot before the fade to black. i've never been more certain of anything in my life.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine what kind of crazy conspiracy-level shit must have gone on for him to actually turn out to be innocent in the end.

Like secret evil twin being behind it all along levels of crazy.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see his aggressive defense in the face of all that evidence. Hold onto your butts. This story hasn't peaked yet.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine what kind of crazy conspiracy-level shit must have gone on for him to actually turn out to be innocent in the end.

Like secret evil twin being behind it all along levels of crazy.

Jussie has a split personality where two of them are super racist white dudes and in fact he quite literally did it to himself

Dec 9, 2017
Jussie, they have the check bruh. Your name, address, and account info is on that check if you forgot.

It's over. You can stop lying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.