• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
"Hey Jussie, we're gonna need to film some green screen scenes of you falling off different height objects, just so we have options. And we need you to lie in this coffin very still."
It's funny though since in the show it is revealed a mysterious person close to Lucious is dead inside a casket. It is yet to be revealed who that mysterious person is. I bet there is something changing soon

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny though since in the show it is revealed a mysterious person close to Lucious is dead inside a casket. It is yet to be revealed who that mysterious person is. I bet there is something changing soon

Twist: It's actually himself and so far all the episodes are him reconciling with the fact that he died in episode 1. Reboot.

I don't actually watch the show so I don't know what's going on.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh to have been a fly on the wall when he professed his innocence on the Empire set
seriously. i can't imagine how hilariously awkward that scenario would have been. fuck the fake attack, i want security cam footage from that debacle

Oct 25, 2017
So have the authorities mentioned whether or not the brothers even did anything illegal?

They haven't, but I can't imagine anything they did was illegal.

- The police have come out and said they think the scratches on his face were self inflicted
- Smollett himself filed the false police report, not them
- Is there any definitive proof they actually poured bleach on him? Is that some kind of simple assault?
- All of this probably goes out the window when it is proven they were paid by him anyway.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This is the most ridiculous story I've every read.

So dude hires his own drug connect (and his brother) to "assault" him. Gives them 100 bucks, tells them what to buy. Walks them through the scene step by step. What to do, what to say, where the security camera is etc. Uses his own phone to set it up via texts/audio. Then calls after the fact to high five them for a job well done. They call him back to high five some more and he pays them with a personal fucking check?

CriminalConspiracyNotes.gif

And that's not even mentioning the hate messages w/ white powder he had sent to himself and the double and triple down?

All that so he could get some sympathy money from his TV gig? LMAO

He's got a high profile lawyer who will probably be able to get his sentence reduced so he's going to keep this going. You can tell by his statement they're already trying to attack the leaks and other issues within the Chicago Police Department.
"Yes he killed him in cold blood for no reason, but the real criminal here is the one who ratted him out."

Lawyers gonna lawyer. It's literally their job to defend their client no matter the overwhelming evidence.

Last edited:

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
A little harsh, no?

I reserve "rest of his life" type disdain for murderers, rapists, abusers, etc.

I'm just talking about the guy being a joke. Like 100 years from now, perhaps people could be talking about "pulling a Smollet" whenever a stupid criminal fails miserably.

Or maybe he'll dedicate himself completely to charity and redeem himself after he finally fucking confesses, I don't know.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

So dude hires his own drug connect (and his brother) to "assault" him. Gives them 100 bucks, tells them what to buy. Walks them through the scene step by step. What to do, what to say, where the security camera is etc. Uses his own phone to set it up via texts/audio. Then calls after the fact to high five them for a job well done. They call him back to high five some more and he pays them with a personal fucking check?

CriminalConsiparcyNotes.gif

And that's not even mentioning the hate messages w/ white powder he had sent to himself and the double and triple down?

"Yes he killed him in cold blood for no reason, but the real criminal here is the one who ratted him out."

Lawyers gonna lawyer. It's literally their job to defend their client no matter the overwhelming evidence.
He clearly didn't learn how to crime. Just one of the many downsides of growing up in a good neighborhood.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a summary of the events that have gone down? I'm completely lost.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
fucking idiot
All this will do is giving right wingers steam.

bloody hell, this makes me irrationally angry
ggrrr

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
fucking idiot
All this will do is giving right wingers steam.

I hear enough of it as it is. My coworker always sends me videos of people falsely claiming discrimination but they forget the police have body cams now. It's fucking embarrassing, 2 steps forward, 5 steps back. I haven't been to work in a week so I'm sure I'll have like 20 videos of this Jussie clown waiting for me.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just watched the gma interview for the first time. That was amazing. Lol

I dont understand how a regular person could be in a relationship with an actor though. With the way he was crying on cue, I would never know when I was being lied to

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the gma interview for the first time. That was amazing. Lol

I dont understand how a regular person could be in a relationship with an actor though. With the way he was crying on cue, I would never know when I was being lied to

Most actors aren't sociopaths. They're not gonna turn on the crocodile tears just to get their way like this asshole did.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
He was a child actor from an acting family, so he probably didn't learn much of anything past crying on command and not looking directly in the camera.
He learned to walk his actors through the set, made sure they memorized their lines and pointed out where the (security) camera would be placed. So, at least he learned that.

Is there a summary of the events that have gone down? I'm completely lost.
Late now, but see my post on this very page. Shit's ridiculous.

CriminalConspiracyNotes.gif

The only things I left out is the amount he paid them ($3500), the fact that they left the country afterwards and that Chicago PD got them back and questioned them for 47-ish hours before they confessed to everything and gave them the proof. Oh, and the white powder he laced the hate letter he sent himself turned out to be crushed aspirin.

If you want a news source summary, here you go:
https://wsvn.com/entertainment/case-against-jussie-smollett-resembles-detailed-movie-script/

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Predictably, /r/Conservative has transformed into a Jussie Smollet subreddit. What he has to do with the discussion of conservatism, who knows. That sub is always great for some cringe.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
TMZ reports that Empire cast members want Jussie Smollett to either immediately resign or to be forcefully removed. Jussie also changed his number as a result of cast members blowing up his phone due to being upset at him over this.

Jussie Smollett betrayed the trust of his "Empire" coworkers and damaged the show's image, and now several cast members want him written off immediately ... according to our sources.

We're told many of the "Empire" actors are "f**king furious" and feel if FOX honchos don't fire Jussie, he should quit on his own ... because he doesn't deserve a spot on the hit show.

The feelings of animosity stem from the fact everyone on set had Jussie's back after the "attack," but in light of the new evidence police have laid out ... many of them feel hurt and embarrassed.

We're told almost everyone on set is worried about how Smollett's damaged the show's reputation ... and could continue to do so if he remains part of the cast.

Source

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
TMZ reports that Empire cast members want Jussie Smollett to either immediately resign or to be forcefully removed. Jussie also changed his number as a result of cast members blowing up his phone due to being upset at him over this.

Source
Upset at him or trying to reach out at him seeing if he was ok. Regardless he is now a cancer on the set it seems like.

It's the negative press a show on Fox doesn't need.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Was just reading a story on MSN, that sources told CNN that the cast was expecting him to come clean and he didn't. So that's what really pushed people over the edge.

I hope Terrance Howard or Tiraji gave him a smack in the back of the head and said "a check?!?!" and then just walked away.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Predictably, /r/Conservative has transformed into a Jussie Smollet subreddit. What he has to do with the discussion of conservatism, who knows. That sub is always great for some cringe.

Won't be popular opinion but people on here are obsessed with this story as well. Sure it's interesting but the way your are all salivating over every detail is bizarre.

It probably ties together with the fact that the right is obsessed with it as well.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Won't be popular opinion but people on here are obsessed with this story as well. Sure it's interesting but the way your are all salivating over every detail is bizarre.

It probably ties together with the fact that the right is obsessed with it as well.

We're overwhelmingly progressive, and this forum is generalist, so of course it's a hot topic here. What this story has to do with conservatism is, again, beyond me.

But we all know why they're discussing it so much.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

it's a well documented hoax done by a famous person. Its super interesting.

R/conservative and even GAF are obviously obsessed over this for other reason's but implying we are doing the same is wrong.

Edit: changed my wording from Gloating to Obsessed.

Last edited:

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Hollywood actor from a popular tv show commits a controversial crime involving racism and homophobia attack on himself as stupidly as possible is fodder you'd typically see on a Law and Order episode, of course the public will be drawn to this on multiple angles. Why wouldn't people on either side of the political spectrum be all over this? Hollywood and the media in general have cottage industries built specifically to stories like this because the public can't get enough. It would bizarre for this not to be enveloped into pop culture's focus.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
it's a well documented hoax done by a famous person. Its super interesting.

R/conservative and even GAF are obviously gloating over this for other reason's but implying we are doing the same is wrong.
He didnt say gloat, he said obsessed, which Era, and every other outlet are at the moment.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The story was bizarre to begin with and now we're getting details like he had to reschedule his own fake beating and paying the dudes with a check. I mean how can you not follow along to this wild ass story lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.