• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole story has been nutty, was it generated by a neural net?

Biologically speaking, the answer is yes :O

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
He has become an embarassment to the black community, lgbt community, and the actual victims of violent hate crimes. This forum's moderation team shares the embarrassment because some posters were banned and silenced unrightfully on the basis of premature news and speculation.

It's all one big mess.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He most likely could have gotten away with it too if he hadn't tried to spice up the story so much. He could have just said he was attacked by two people who called him the N word and left it at that. All the other details, believable or not, just gave people more pieces to investigate on.

His point isn't the show isn't popular, it's that two racist dick bags aren't going to be watching Empire in the first place. At least not enough to recognize the actor.
Exactly how I see it. He went way overboard with his story

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are questioning his motive? He didn't do this so he would get caught. He did this with the goal of NEVER getting caught. His goal was to get away with it. He thought he was smart. Turns out he is an incredible idiot. I mean, a junior high kid could have planned this out better.

What he wanted was what was happening when we thought the attack was legit. He was a victim, he got sympathy. He got much, much more famous. He'd be a hero for the rest of his life by staying strong and not letting racism and violence take him down. He'd be a role model. He'd be making more money.

Sounds like he could have had a decent fucking life he didn't get caught. But, alas, he is stupid beyond belief.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He has become an embarassment to the black community, lgbt community, and the actual victims of violent hate crimes. This forum's moderation team shares the embarrassment because some posters were banned and silenced unrightfully on the basis of premature news and speculation.

It's all one big mess.

Yup 100%. My apologies to the posters I had a go out when this story was breaking. Not every skeptical individual is my enemy. I hope we all can learn from how this went down be better to each other about this type of thing in the future.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You were not present in the last thread that was up all week, there is nothing to wait out. From willingly ready to send two innocent people to jail until he realized the people in custody where his co-conspirators.... to video evidence of those two guys buying all the assault props. (Ski masks, maga hats) , the magazines confiscated that probably have missing letters cut out. This dude is fucked plus the Chicago PD has shot down every false source that has popped up. They have zero reason to lie about this.

god dammit.

I take it all back.

All of it. As far as waiting for the facts -- but as far as the narrative. White supramcists news hates black people, thats not going to change much.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if he got away with it. How does one sleep at night after this while the public views you as this hero that fought back? You must really have to force yourself to believe your own lie. Very psychotic

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he got away with it. How does one sleep at night after this while the public views you as this hero that fought back? You must really have to force yourself to believe your own lie. Very psychotic
If he has this condition...:

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3]Those affected often spend much time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations.[3]

...Then it would start to make sense. I know it's annoying to hide a person's actions behind a mental disorder, since there many narcissists that aren't assholes who commit crimes, but it's not necessarily an excuse, but perhaps one of the biggest reasons why he would think of doing something so moronic such as faking a hate crime and trying to fool millions into believing it.

Murderopolis

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2019
I don't think he meant for anyone to be harmed. I guess he was willing to let two innocent men get in trouble, but I believe he did not want that to happen, and probably thought it would not happen. But I guess that is the worst bit of it, and obviously not cool at all.

I know I shouldn't, but I just kinda feel bad for this guy. He wanted a PR win.

Oct 30, 2017
Play stupid games..win stupid prizes. Career over, felony on his record and he's cooked. Thankfully nobody innocent was arrested.

I don't think he meant for anyone to be harmed. I guess he was willing to let two innocent men get in trouble, but I believe he did not want that to happen, and probably thought it would not happen. But I guess that is the worst bit of it, and obviously not cool at all.

I know I shouldn't, but I just kinda feel bad for this guy. He wanted a PR win.

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I was skeptical of the story from the beginning but held my tongue, as I noticed people were being banned for sharing similar thoughts.

Regardless, I'm glad this case was taken seriously. I think this is a perfect example of a case where accusers should be taken seriously and investigations should always be followed through. Blindly believing anyone is hazardous to a democracy.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when that dude from The League said that he died on 9/11 or whatever and then he just went back to acting like nothing happened. He nailed it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when that dude from The League said that he died on 9/11 or whatever and then he just went back to acting like nothing happened. He nailed it.

According to his Wiki he didn't say he died, but rather that he worked in the South Tower and escaped death and that's what inspired him to become a comedian. He admitted it was a lie in 2015 after NYT investigated the story. Since then he's only had three roles. And his last one was as "Head Chef" on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2017.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if he will ever realize how much damage he has done to future victims of actual hate crime and assault with this stunt.

I keep seeing this posted over and over but how would this stop cops from investigating a crime? The police have been dealing with false reports for decades, how does this change any anything?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God watching his interview on GMA really pisses me off. What a piece of trash. Shit is bad enough without making up some cliche fantasy.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if anything will happen with the whole anthrax letter thing. I mean that has to be a serious freaking crime and if he faked that too ( which I'm positive he did) than he better serve some time for that.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I keep seeing this posted over and over but how would this stop cops from investigating a crime? The police have been dealing with false reports for decades, how does this change any anything?
By making it harder for victims to come out and report or speak about it fearing they won't be believed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.