• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Plenty of shit to rip MAGA hat wearing co-workers about - this aint it chief. Jussie is the only one to blame for this.
Again, I'm not absolving Jussie of his wrongdoing, nor am I saying that he shouldn't face punishment, but I will still also say that my co-workers are being pieces of shit for living in a world where murderous, psychopathic Navy Seals are given pardons by the highest office in the land, and yet treat the Jussie Smollet case as if it is the greatest injustice to ever exist on American shores.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Must post this for Smollett's embarrassing and despicable hoax

At least this gave me a good laugh again hearing he is once again being investigated

Lol now see....I would be ok with a documentary about this whole incident if only it was a cleverly written comedy satire of the whole situation.

a real serious documentary about this might be too damn depressing

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That has nothing to do with what I said. People invested in this situation, today, are largely vengeful white people. It's not an inaccurate characterization, look at this topic on twitter.

He fucked up so badly with this bullshit.

Its the poster child for "BOTH SIDES!" racism debates for maggots and moderates. Or racism isn't that bad.. whatever the spin. damn shame.

fucking moron.

But real talk, people lie to police about black people and get them shot hourly. Now all of a sudden, lying to the police is the highest form of crime one can commit.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of shit to rip MAGA hat wearing co-workers about - this aint it chief. Jussie is the only one to blame for this.

People like Rush Limbaugh, Ben Shapiro, etc...would bring this up MONTHS after the fact apropos of nothing.

Yes, Jussie was wrong for what he did. But let's not pretend people aren't weaponizing the story.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good. He should be in jail. His little publicity stunt has fucked over ALOT of innocent people and will continue to do so for quite some time.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, he's unhire-able right now, so I think a better punishment would be to let him fail at finding work and just sink into obscurity for the rest of his life. That would literally be hell on earth for someone with an ego like his.

OP
OP

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Pretty simple.
Actor lied to get more popular. Chicago police corruption. Mayor, lawyers and Chicago tried to cover everything up. New York gets all the corruption press but Chicago is just as bad.
Mayor Rahm Emmanuel did not try to cover this up as far as I know. Just the opposite. Kim Foxx went from Obama endorsed rising political star to career now dead in the water/soon to be out of a job because of her lying and cover up though. Why she chose this hill to die on, not sure anyone will ever know.

Last edited:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I think he should face justice, but on the other hand I think I would rather have this just fade away now that most have forgotten about it. Ultimately there are bigger fish to fry than going back to get this idiot for being a fraud.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, don't get me wrong: the guy absolutely deserves some sort of punishment. But if he ends up getting a harsher sentence than fucking Roger Stone, I don't know how you can look at that as anything short of a travesty.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have never in all my days seen white people get as mad as they were about Jussie Smollett

image.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Read the article linked in the OP?
There's a reason this is being re-investigated. And its not just because Jussie lied.
I read it. You said the mayor, lawyers and the city were involved in a coverup. I just thought you would have had something more to offer about it, because I remember the former mayor being furious and the city going after him over the investigative costs.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I read it. You said the mayor, lawyers and the city were involved in a coverup. I just thought you would have had something more to offer about it, because I remember the former mayor being furious and the city going after him over the investigative costs.
It'll come up in the investigation, assuming that isn't corrupt as well.

How many cases did Rahm, the police and the city of Chicago have a joint press conference to attack an individual case involving a low profile celebrity in his 8 years of office? Once?

Rahm was busy covering up for police officers who murdered children and took citizens to black site locations for interrogations.

You think it's a coincidence the police investigation was totally messed up for the Jussie investigation and that Rahm was out in a press conference a few hours after the charges were dropped ?

Rahm and the police were doing it for a publicity stunt and covering up the police's fault in the investigation because someone kept leaking things to make them look bad for failing to actually figure out it was a lie by Jussie. They were all working on this together, and Rahm was leaving a few months later. Why is the special prosecutor coming in nearly a year later? Chicago has a history of attacking black residents and Rahm added fuel to the fire.

Dec 2, 2017
Has he had any kind of mental health evaluations done? It's just bonkers anyone in their right mind would go through all this for attention.

We literally live in an attention economy now. There's nothing strange about it at all.

He got himself beat up, then he & his manager decided to spin it into something they could profit off of. Their plan took him from being some relatively anonymous C-tier actor to an international name and sympathetic figure overnight.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
You'd think Chicago would have more pressing issues.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
That has nothing to do with what I said. People invested in this situation, today, are largely vengeful white people. It's not an inaccurate characterization, look at this topic on twitter.
The people who are vocally vengeful really have nothing to do with him being held accountable for his actions. In fact you are probably right that a large portion fit that narrative however he was wrong to do what he did and everyone knows that. And I think I'll steer clear of any twitter related reactions to the topic. Now exactly a great place to find real truth.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Only reason he is getting it is because he is black and he made a fool out of the CPD
He didn't make a fool out of them though. Quite the opposite, which is why they could just let it go and move on to important shit instead. Dude killed his own career in the process.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Again, I'm not absolving Jussie of his wrongdoing, nor am I saying that he shouldn't face punishment, but I will still also say that my co-workers are being pieces of shit for living in a world where murderous, psychopathic Navy Seals are given pardons by the highest office in the land, and yet treat the Jussie Smollet case as if it is the greatest injustice to ever exist on American shores.

Yeah seriously.

This is just an excuse.

It's like who cries the loudest about "fake rape accusations" when they occur, but somehow are mysteriously quiet when it comes to the systematic, pervasive problem of actual rape and violence against women?

Not fooling anyone, dudes.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't make a fool out of them though. Quite the opposite, which is why they could just let it go and move on to important shit instead. Dude killed his own career in the process.

You're right, not a fool. My bad. The dude is trash, not denying it and he should get the book thrown at him.

But they are making an example of the dude because this is the CPD's moment shine. Which should not please anyone knowing the CDP.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like things may be different if he ever admitted wrongdoing at all. But he's basically continued to double and triple down on this stuff and refused to pay the city back the money they spent investigating.

And then of course whatever cover-up may or may not have been going on.

I think the implications for Kim Foxx are a lot more dire than for Smollet. I said at the time that this was a strange hill for her to die on and that people would not just be willing to forget about this whole thing and yeah here we are.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
We literally live in an attention economy now. There's nothing strange about it at all.

He got himself beat up, then he & his manager decided to spin it into something they could profit off of. Their plan took him from being some relatively anonymous C-tier actor to an international name and sympathetic figure overnight.

You're right about the attention economy but at some point the person usually is satisfied with the attention they've already gotten and admits their fuck up especially when faced with criminal charges. It's very uncommon to see them ride it out THIS far imo.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
I personally know one of the special prosecutors. It'll be interesting to know what I can get out of them the next time I see them.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
There are no winners here. He messed up badly and he emboldened racists. We would be better off if the story had died.