• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caliaztec

Oct 27, 2017
Palm Desert,CA
Sunset Overdrive for pure uniqueness.

Cuphead and Ori and the blind forest if you don't have them on PC!

Halo 5, and Halo MCC

Killer Instinct

Quantum Break

Forza

Re:Core

That's probably close to most of them.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜
  • Sunset Overdrive, still the funnest game I've enjoyed on the system. An absolute blast.
  • Ori is also another stellar title you should try if you love platformers/metroid styled games.
  • Horizon 3 restored my love for the racing genre, definitely check that out.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Another vote for Sunset. Very colorful world with some of the best traversal mechanics this gen.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you're a fan of racing/driving games, Forza Horizon 3 is a must have.

Outside of that, Halo MCC to go through the Halo games, and Halo 5 if you're interested in the series after playing through MCC.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Sunset Overdrive is one of the best games this generation. It's such a brilliant game. So is Ori and the Blind Forest.

I haven't played it yet but I know I'd like Cuphead. Pick up Halo: MCC and Halo 5.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Probably worth mentioning whether you game on a PC too, since if PC is an option for you, the list of exclusives are narrower.

Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, Halo 5, all the Forza games prior to Horizon 3.

If you just mean console exclusivity then there is Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Ryse, D4, Ori and the Blind Forest, ReCore and Phantom Dust.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Sunset Overdrive for pure uniqueness.

Cuphead and Ori and the blind forest if you don't have them on PC!

Halo 5, and Halo MCC

Killer Instinct

Quantum Break

Forza

Re:Core

That's probably close to most of them.
thats it? what?
rare replay, Forza main line games ,Horizon 2&3. Rare Replay is huge, Ori, state of decay, GEARS 4, roblox. CUPHEAD off the top of my head.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rare Replay features the single greatest FPS game ever created, Perfect Dark.

So that. Curse you for not porting it to PC, Rare.

Also Quantum Break is good. Bear in mind that the Xbox is very much a multiplatform console. Microsoft have gone so far as to put all first party games on Windows, too.

FUNKNOWN iXi

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends what you like, OP. There's a lot to offer. Can't go wrong with Ori and The Master Chief Collection as a starting point, as well as the other games already mentioned above.
  1. Rare Replay

Well, I'm out of things that I want an Xbox One for.
This thread isn't about what YOU want, but nice try with that joke.

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Sunset Overdrive baby! Halo MCC, Halo 5 and Quantum Break are cool too. PUBG is coming on 12/12 if you don't have a pc already

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Dont listen to the crowded. While their might be not that much exclusive that made me want an X1, one of the game i enjoyed the most was Ryse Son of Rome. Amazing visual, cool combo system. You can probably grab it for cheap like 10-20$. Its not very long but at that price its a must play. Oh and Titanfall 1 was great if your into multiplayer.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread isn't about what YOU want, but nice try with that joke.
I mean, it sort of is? "What are the must-have exclusives?" is an inherently subjective question, and the OP is crowdsourcing opinions on worthwhile stuff for the system.

If I had an XB1, I'd be jumping on Rare Replay first thing, because it seems like a great compilation.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Sunset Overdrive is still one of my favorite games of the generation. Its sense of humor is a bit polarizing, but it's goofy, immature, and fun as hell. I loved it!

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Forza Horizon 3 (get the Hot Wheels DLC too), and Cuphead are the mandatory ones.

Oct 27, 2017
Halo 5-Gamepass
D4-Gamepass
Sunset overdrive-Gamepass
Gears of war 4-$15 on BF
Forza Horizon 3-$15 on BF
Quantum break-$20 on sale now
Ori definitive
Cuphead

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it sort of is? "What are the must-have exclusives?" is an inherently subjective question, and the OP is crowdsourcing opinions on worthwhile stuff for the system.

If I had an XB1, I'd be jumping on Rare Replay first thing, because it seems like a great compilation.
Its pretty obvious that within this context, he wants exclusives that are generally cosidered great.

Like even if I hated open world games, I would still say Horizon when asked about must haves on PS4.

Get Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Cuphead and then hope the Halo Collection patch is good

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
There is lots of stuff which people already mentioned, but I would really suggest State of Decay. It's janky as hell but does a fantastic job simulating a Romero-style zombie apocalypse. Truly unique in a sea of zombie games.

Try game pass, it'll give you access to State of Decay as well as some other great exclusives and backwards compatible titles.

I wouldn't want to discount your opinion and all, but I don't go around telling people what PS4 exclusives to buy since I don't own the system and therefore have a pretty limited experience with those games.

Maybe The Order 1886 is actually a fun game, but I reserve having a real opinion on it despite it not looking so great because I haven't played it.

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is lots of stuff which people already mentioned, but I would really suggest State of Decay. It's janky as hell but does a fantastic job simulating a Romero-style zombie apocalypse. Truly unique in a sea of zombie games.

Try game pass, it'll give you access to State of Decay as well as some other great exclusives and backwards compatible titles.
Yea, State of Decay is a really good game once get to grasps with it.

Caliaztec

Oct 27, 2017
Palm Desert,CA
Dont listen to the crowded. While their might be not that much exclusive that made me want an X1, one of the game i enjoyed the most was Ryse Son of Rome. Amazing visual, cool combo system. You can probably grab it for cheap like 10-20$. Its not very long but at that price its a must play. Oh and Titanfall 1 was great if your into multiplayer.

I'll second Ryse, I totally forgot about it. It's fun combat is solid and responsive in the vain of the Arkham games, and not too many games are set in Ancient Rome. The Multiplayer wasn't half bad either.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly old games. Rare Replay and Master Chief collection are great value and they're both likely to be pretty cheap by now. 360 BC is fantastic too

If you don't have state of decay, cuphead and ori on steam then get them as well.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sunset overdrive.
Quantum break

skip halo 5 and gears. Very mediocre entries. Though I gotta say I've only played about two hours of gears 4. Halo 5 was meh for the entirety of the campaign

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I know it has been said before and I'm gonna pre face this by saying I don't own an Xbox one, but pick up Rare Replay. It's an amazing deal you'll dozens of great games and you can find it for reasonable prices (at least when I see it at my local Gamestop). If you are into fighting games Killer Instinct would be a great thing to pick up. You can try out the free to play version and if you like it a lot pick up the copy that comes with the last 3 seasons worth of characters. If you like tough as nails 2D run and gun games Cuphead will be a must have. Ori and the Blind Forrest is another great 2D game, it's a beautiful looking Metroidvania type game with a great soundtrack.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I own Sunset Overdrive (ton of fun) and Rare Replay (has some of my favorite games on it), and Master Chief Collection (good if you like those Halos) for my XB1.

Unfortunately since I have a gaming PC that's
about all the games Ill ever get for it (along with Xbox/Xbox 360 BC). Other than Halo 5 which I don't really want (kinda tired of the main Halo franchise), everything else has come or is coming to PC as well.

But if you don't have a gaming PC there's stuff like Halo Wars (haven't played 2 yet, but I loved HW1) and I've heard OK things about Recore.

Oct 27, 2017
Its pretty obvious that within this context, he wants exclusives that are generally cosidered great.

It seems like an easier way to gauge consensus is to have people say what they actually like or care about, and then go from there, rather than to have the intended response be for people to list off the games that have high metascores or that they think other people generally like.

If I'm supposed to guess, too, I legitimately don't know what the consensus is on Xbox One exclusives because I don't really follow them. To answer the way you want, I'd have to do a google search of Xbox One exclusives and cross-reference it with their Metacritic scores. My comment would essentially be something that could be duped by a not all that sophisticated algorithm.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like an easier way to gauge consensus is to have people say what they actually like or care about, and then go from there, rather than to have the intended response be for people to list off the games that have high metascores or that they think other people generally like.

If I'm supposed to guess, too, I legitimately don't know what the consensus is on Xbox One exclusives because I don't really follow them. To answer the way you want, I'd have to do a google search of Xbox One exclusives and cross-reference it with their Metacritic scores. My comment would essentially be something that could be duped by a not all that sophisticated algorithm.
Or you could just like, not comment on things you don't know about. That's always an option.