• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
First few hours are pretty boring

Then it gets pretty damn fun

Then it draaaaaaaaags

Solid 7/10 game imo

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I started on hard and it's quickly become my GOTY. I never thought I'd get into an open world game again but this one slaps.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I got it as well. Cant go wrong for $20. Yay Black Friday.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy OP. It gets dragged on here somewhat, but I greatly enjoyed my time with the game.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It starts slow, but eventually it picks up and that's when I became a lot more interested in it.

It's a long game too.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
First hours are just slow and secondary characters are not that interesting
After that, the game is really cool and fun with good characters and story

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
I also just bought the game. Anyone know what's the sweet spot for difficulty in this game, start screen hit me with 6 difficulty modes.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
If you like main characters CONSTANTLY talking to themselves, you bought the right game.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
I played the game on normal.

Some observations / tips from my playthrough.

At the start you're pretty weak and your bike sucks. The game does a really good job of making you feel like you're getting more powerful though. After you get some upgrades you'll be able to take on a lot more enemies.

I ran from hordes until right before the end of the game.

When I hit a new region I generally did the Ambush Camps first because they will add points of interest to your map.

I fast traveled quite a bit, and would buy gas at the camps if I had to.

If a Nero camp is near a horde, there is almost always a loudspeaker in a real obscure location. After getting bitten by this a few times, I resorted to cutting down all of the ones I could find, and then double checking against a FAQ to see if I really got them all before starting the generator.

A lot of the Nero Research Sites require bike upgrades to reach.

I found the skill that lets you repair crafted melee weapons with scrap pretty useful, because the crafted melee weapons are generally pretty powerful.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
People said it was a slof in the first half but I honestly never found it that way. I was hooked fron the start.

As for tips, get the upgrade for slowing time as fadt as possible and anything releated to shooting. The shooting mechanics are pretty weird when you first start but when you get better skills and guns it gets pretty damn satisfying.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Survival mode is great for first playthrough, it really makes you take stock of what you do and how you treat the bike. Making runs out in the shit as efficient as possible is alot of fun and the survival loop works well without being too much of a chore, especially with regard to the bike. Fast travel is overrated, imo.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
sorry to hear that op
tenor.gif

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
you can turn on gyro assisted aiming in the options

wait what really? how come they never give a tip about that? Alos one of my GotY, with Death Stranding so far. Really dug the characters, acting, writing, etc. And was fun to play as well. Game isnt perfect, and yeah is a bit of a slog at the beginning.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait what really? how come they never give a tip about that? Alos one of my GotY, with Death Stranding so far. Really dug the characters, acting, writing, etc. And was fun to play as well. Game isnt perfect, and yeah is a bit of a slog at the beginning.

gyro got patched into the game in august

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Just plat'ed this a few days ago. I enjoyed it a lot, it really surprised me how much I liked the story and I can't talk much about it, because well, huge spoilers, but I can't wait for Days Gone 2.
what should I know before jumping in to this?
1. Grab the "Repair melee weapons with scrap" perk ASAP.
2. Enjoy the zombie apocalypse.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Grats! It's a really good game and I would say say go for the shooting perks especially the slow down time first and stick to the main story missions until you get to the 2nd camp as that'll give you options on weapons.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Throw a small funeral for your money. Maybe pour one out for it but keep some left for when you start playing so you can be in the proper mindset to play Days Gone.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Play 10-20 hours and call it quits. Game overstays its welcome, and the story is boring and so are the characters

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic game. The first bit of the game can be slow to get starting but it'll open up and you'll start to meet some incredibly good characters and the game really takes off.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
It's one of the worst paced games I've ever played. And quite mediocre on top of that.