• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get the complaints that the first blahblah hours are boring. I was totally engrossed from the very beginning and it was the first game I've ever platinumed. I played on Hard, took my time, explored and looted at every chance, and treated every encounter with the fear and caution it deserved.

In the beginning every single zombie is a major threat but as you progress you'll eventually be gunning down vast hordes with ease. Don't go in expecting to be running and gunning like an FPS from the very start and you might actually enjoy yourself. Days Gone is 3rd favorite game this year behind Ring Fit and Death Stranding.

Yea, I'm maybe 2-3 hours in and am loving it. I suppose playing on Survival makes all the difference as I am concerning over everything from ammo to gas to healthpacks.

I don't have the arsenal to deal with zombies directly yet, so unless I focus headshot with my few bullets or hope I can outlast a few with my 2x4, I try to run to safety and lose their attention. It's good stuff and I am fully engaged as I tense up releasing a molotov on a nest and trying to quickly consider how to deal with the oncoming menace. Hell, just making a pitstop into an unknown camp to see if any gas is around is just awesome.

I suppose if you play on a low difficulty where none of this is a factor it could be considered boring?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
58328v7cp1w21.gif
Has this happen with anyone else? Seems very rare.

Oct 27, 2017
GOTY for me. It's amazing.

I got the platinum, I've never got a platinum before and never will again, that's how much it grabbed me.

Amazing graphics, great world, great story, fabulous characters, amazing gameplay/hordes.

Game got shit on for years before release for no obvious reason, some review sites seemed irritated it even existed, here too hilariously;

"It's zombies, everyone is so boooored of zombies, game is a bomba"

*Game sells very well*
"Well of course it sold well, zombies is always a safe bet"

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Played for a couple of hours and I can see why this slow pace might be a turn off to some people but man as a Yakuza fan I'm loving this haha

Bike controls a bit weird tho. It feels like it's both not sensitive enough and too sensitive at the same time.

Mixen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Days gone is my all time favourite open world game.

For some reason I just wanted to keep playing it even after finishing it. And I wasn't very interested in it before release and bought it on sale.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Sony gives bend enough funding For the sequel to make it a tent pole franchise like uncharted or god of war
Same.

Like, this is a very well made game, but you can still see where they had to cut back a little and how much they could improve certain parts of the game if they get to do a sequel with enough budget and resources on PS5.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of want to pick it up in the US Black Friday sale myself, what's the best place to get US PSN cards from (i'm in the UK)?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Same.

Like, this is a very well made game, but you can still see where they had to cut back a little and how much they could improve certain parts of the game if they get to do a sequel with enough budget and resources on PS5.
Exactly. I really do hope Sony realizes the potential.
One thing I noticed was how much content rich the game is despite the team being so small.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I'm still debating picking this up. I got RE2 for the same price because it is universally praised, but Days Gone seems to really divide people. Oh well, I guess I have another day to mull it over.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It really isn't as bad at the start as many make it out to be. What it does do is make you think the game is going to be pretty short then it opens up when you get the third camp and it's a massive game. The challenge mode is also really fun when you need a change of pace. It's also a good training ground for learning how to defeat hordes

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still debating picking this up. I got RE2 for the same price because it is universally praised, but Days Gone seems to really divide people. Oh well, I guess I have another day to mull it over.
I was in the same boat.i bought it on sale and loved it. I ask you two questions and if answer to any of them is yes then buy it.

did you play and like far cry 5?
Did you play and like dying light?

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I was in the same boat.i bought it on sale and loved it. I ask you two questions and if answer to any of them is yes then buy it.

did you play and like far cry 5?
Did you play and like dying light?

Unfortunately I haven't played either of those games. I have played TLoU (twice) and a bunch of other open world games, but I'm kinda worried I will feel burned out on the genre. For example, I bought RDR2 but I found it way too complicated and tedious so I haven't played it past act 3 or so.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Unfortunately I haven't played either of those games. I have played TLoU (twice) and a bunch of other open world games, but I'm kinda worried I will feel burned out on the genre. For example, I bought RDR2 but I found it way too complicated and tedious so I haven't played it past act 3 or so.
Hmm this game lays somewhere between rdr2 and last of us in the feel of the game category if that makes any sense. Story and carftings / stealth are like Lou but combat is more like rdr2 with aiming and time slow downs to shoot.

One thing this game does amazing is it doesn't throw at you millions of side quest at the same time to make you feel overwhelmed . One at a time for each camp . If you decide to do it , next one will be given to you but not necessary for you to do it .
If you like a camp u can help them with side activities and in return u gain their trust and they give you upgrades for bike and new guns. But it's upto you and your map will be clean and not cluttered with so many activities

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
You have to fix your bike and put gas in it but it inst tedious.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also just got this game.

It's decent so far. Only thing that stands out as bad is the voice acting, especially Deacon

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Deacon should have had some of the unlockable skills from the beginning. There's a lot of skills that make the game a lot more fun. Maybe that's why people feel the game "picks up." Once I had a handful of skills I really started having fun with combat instead of dreading it.

Speaking about "picking up", people said that the middle of the game's story is boring? I've been engaged since the third camp and just made it to the next and I honestly want to rush through it to finish it.
Is the 4th camp near the end?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, Deacon should have had some of the unlockable skills from the beginning. There's a lot of skills that make the game a lot more fun. Maybe that's why people feel the game "picks up." Once I had a handful of skills I really started having fun with combat instead of dreading it.

Speaking about "picking up", people said that the middle of the game's story is boring? I've been engaged since the third camp and just made it to the next and I honestly want to rush through it to finish it.
You are in the last quarter or third.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Lol no another 15 hours or so. Game is so long. Whenever u feel it's about to end u ll be introduced to new camp haha

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Why not try the game and judges for yourself?
You heard opinions and tastes, and they differ from one to another.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Was this game really so much worse at launch? I'm about 10 hours in and enjoying it. It's a solid 8 for me at the moment. It's got some animation jank, but it hasn't been overly buggy. The story has picked up a bit and I definitely want to see it through.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 6-7 hours in. Is it weird that I might be liking this more than RDR2? I might be speaking too soon though....

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
I'm about 6-7 hours in. Is it weird that I might be liking this more than RDR2? I might be speaking too soon though....
I'm with. RDR2 was a chore to play, with sluggish controls, repetitive missions, and a fast travel system too stupid for words.

DG may not be as polished, but it felt better to play and respected your time.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Was this game really so much worse at launch? I'm about 10 hours in and enjoying it. It's a solid 8 for me at the moment. It's got some animation jank, but it hasn't been overly buggy. The story has picked up a bit and I definitely want to see it through.
It just had bugs but even then the user impressions here where good.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing on and off for about a week now, and this is the best game I've played this year. Resident Evil 2, which is my GotY, is more polished and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I just love the open world of Days Gone filled with huge swaths of zombies. The more I play the better it gets. I bought it a couple of days before it went on sale a don't regret it one bit.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So everyone is saying to speed through to the third camp first. I've started my first playthrough on survival mode (i like a good challenge). I don't miss anything by speeding through? The first area seems like a tutorial one. Don't like to miss out on stuff.