• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBoyGamer

Dec 11, 2017
I chose Eevee as I read it has more special moves than Pikachu and that made the game easier.

If anyone has any advice to start me off with, I'm happy to recieve it.

For instance - should I re-roll if I don't get a female Eevee?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
The Eevee and Pikachu they give you are way too strong. Ditch them and go with a team of Pokemon you catch in the wild, game will give you quite a bit of challenge.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's super fun, enjoy it. Don't worry about min/maxing or anything. Just have fun with the adventure.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
1) Turn off battle animations

2) Make sure to choose the fastest text speed option

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
I chose Eevee as I read it has more special moves than Pikachu and that made the game easier.

If anyone has any advice to start me off with, I'm happy to recieve it.

For instance - should I re-roll if I don't get a female Eevee?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Only one: don't catch too many Pokémon if you want a real challenge. I used to catch only "new" Pokémon and it was good

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Just have fun, gender doesn't change anything, and IV's/EV's are only for competitive matches.

Handheld mode is better in my opinion, catching is way easier.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
The Eevee and Pikachu they give you are way too strong. Ditch them and go with a team of Pokemon you catch in the wild, game will give you quite a bit of challenge.
was going to say this. if you care about challenge, swap your starter out ASAP. It doesn't affect anything in the game (i.e. they still get all of the special moves, are still in the entire game and cutscenes, etc) and makes it so the beginning part of the game isn't a complete roll through.

Also I agree with most that handheld mode is better for catching Pokemon than any of the docked modes.. though not that docked is unplayable at all. Just takes a little bit to get the hang of throwing the ball straight in docked. and Pokemon that move are more annoying in docked.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can very easily switch pokemon in and out of your party. If you plan on trying to catch a lot of pokemon over and over.. be it for good stats or to get a shiny, swap them out with something you dont plan on using if you dont want to be overleveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.