• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/just-cause-4-development-update-march-7-2019

Here are the patch notes for PS4/Xbox One:

• Performance improvements
  • Water improvements
  • Vegetation improvements
  • New anti-aliasing system
  • New 4K rendering solution
  • Various bug fixes
  • Updated Customization menu
  • JC3 Rico Skin (Legacy Item)
Image2a.jpg

Image2b.jpg

Looks like a solid update, but can't help but wonder why this wasn't there in the first place. Squeenix making them rush it out for December again like last time.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna try tonight as I like me some Just Cause. It looked abysmal when I tried it yesterday on X/4K.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they captured lightning in a bottle with Just Cause 2 but never managed to live up to it since.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's quite some timing for the Game Pass drop. I always enjoyed this franchise's wackiness but it always fell a bit flat with the jank and the mechanically uninspired gameplay. Good to see they are improving on the formula, will try the game soon enough.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It feels like they captured lightning in a bottle with Just Cause 2 but never managed to live up to it since.

I think a lot has to do with the fact that the main studio Avalanche, Stockholm, the last time they actually worked on Just Cause series at all was Just Cause 2.

After the disastrous Just Cause 3 with Avalanche, New York. You'd wonder why they'd let the New York branch handle the 4th game and not let Stockholm get the reins again.

The 4th game is definitely an improvement over the 3rd, I just think this is a case of a B-Studio simply not being up to the task when folks from the main studio should have been put in place overseeing the entire production for some quality assurance.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Hasent avalanche made all of them or is it that the original team from JC1/2 left

Avalanche Studios has 4 studios
Avalanche Stockholm (Just Cause, Just Cause 2, Mad Max, RAGE 2, Generation Zero)
A new studio in Malmo
Avalanche New York (Just Cause 3, Just Cause 4)
Expansive Worlds (Hunter: Call of the Wild)

Nov 14, 2017
Hopefully the game will be worth going back to play later this year. I had to stop playing after completing the story because it kept crashing on me on PC and it drove me nuts.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Cool...I thought the update was old and wondered why it wasn't included when I downloaded last night. Explains it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I don't understand what's the point of releasing broken games which review very bad and patch them later. Just release it when is done so you also get good reviews and make more money.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought this when it came out and never played because of how ugly it was on my One X....pumped to give it a shot now

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Still not really sure what I'm supposed to do in this game.

Why is it not just "blow up the red things" like it was in JC3?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Excellent timing

(Poor timing for those who bought the game months ago)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wowzers, the console version of this needed it. Glad to see some of these improvements.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Does the patch let you finally remove the list of controls that are constantly on the screen? That alone made me want to stop playing the game.