• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Whoa it's almost out? Reviews dropping soon? Some people already have copies??

Damn they need to advertise this damn game.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I made a few quick screengrabs:

PNG 4K

Nothing special but some people might be able to use them.

It looks better in motion...
How would you describe the motorcycle handling? JC2 was a blast, but they were the worst controlling vehicles in JC3.

Awesome of you for uploading the images, btw! I pre-ordered JC3 and still love it (since the performance improving patches), and I was waiting to hear about how this game performed - and how motorcycles handle.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Im interested in console performance since i dont own a pc to play it at high quality anymore

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tell me about the wold map.
In general, is it more varied/diverse like JC2 or the half-assed copy/paste job they did with JC3?

This is a question i can't answer just now. I played for about 5 hours and the missions are varied so far. But it's a big map so i suppose there's some copy/paste missions.

Thanks for the heads up. Are the story missions fun? Good cutscenes?

I liked the mission so far. Nothing ground braking but also no "go there and kill this/that" yet. But it's a big and chaotic world were you're shooting all the time, But the freedom of movement so far is awesome.

The cutscenes are ok. No hollywood or the last of us quality but not aweful either. If you survived Just Cause 1, 2 and 3 the fourth won't make you quit a fun game.

My copy turned up today so itsi a bit wierd seeing this thread now guess a big day 1 patch will happen.

There was a 1.1 patch already but maybe we'll get another patch. But so far i can't complain. The only real "bad" thing is the low resolution and the Aliasing.

How would you describe the motorcycle handling? JC2 was a blast, but they were the worst controlling vehicles in JC3.

Awesome of you for uploading the images, btw! I pre-ordered JC3 and still love it (since the performance improving patches), and I was waiting to hear about how this game performed - and how motorcycles handle.

Haven't rode a bike yet. The squirrel suit and the parachute are way to much fun. I hyjacked an attack helicopter and that thing was awesome but a hummer like vehicle was awful to handle.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wait the game is out or is coming out already? The hell are the ads for this thing? I didn't even realize it is coming out.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting a masterpiece - but I loved the hell out of JC2 and 3. Like the game equivalent of some big dumb Michael Bay movie.

I'll be getting in on this barring some sort of major disaster.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Is HDR supported? With all the explosions, fire and sparks this would be a nice light show. I would concider purchasing for this reason alone. Hopefully its fun.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Hitman 2, SoTR, Deus Ex: MD and probably JC4 (hope not) Damn...
Dragon Quest XI also bombed worldwide, a shame. Because it's the best one out of all the games listed there
But Square Enix brought it upon themselves, bad decisions galore. They bet everything on Tomb Raider instead of splitting even with Dragon Quest. Fools

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
this game is gonna bomb and its a shame

Yup. Releasing after Black Friday is a mistake. This isn't Smash where name alone will push units. I get that they wanted to distance themselves from RDR, but dropping in February wouldn't have hurt sales. I guess the argument is that their other big game, Kingdom Hearts is launching then but it's not like the two are similar or share the same audience.

Also marketing has been awful. I only know it's releasing soon because of this forum and targeted IGN YouTube videos.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you people really beleave the greater´explosions and better fps

Yes. As you can see in the video performance is a damn near constant 30fps even with all the wild storms and explosions going on. I noticed a few drops on Pro but it was only a few frames. Resolution looks like it'll be pretty low on Pro but at least the performance is great.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For anyone already with the game, can you possibly confirm if the jet pack is included in the base game or is it another DLC item?

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Theres been plenty on YouTube but its releasing so close to smash and era dont care.

For anyone already with the game, can you possibly confirm if the jet pack is included in the base game or is it another DLC item?

Theres one with the deluxe edition. If theres something similar in the base game it wont be unlocked for a good while. As cool as it was, it kinda only worked normally in 3 because it came so late and cars handled like crap.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will need to keep an eye out for the Digital Foundry piece on this to decide between XB1X vs PC.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After all the issues with Just cause 3, I have no faith in this.

I'll buy it a few weeks after launch for $20.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is on 1X.

I think it's DLC only. I'm like 4 hours in and i haven't gotten it.

Hows the image quality on the x?
Im hearing very concerning things but in the ign video its a noticeable step above pro so im not too worried.

That said holy moly base consoles are gonna look ugly. Yall asked for performance you seem to be getting it for a price.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
It looks so much better on PC. Would have bought it day 1, but they have season pass, so Steam sale it is.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018

It has tons of trailers and videos releasing constantly in the last few weeks. Pretty sure the game has more trailers and a bigger marketing budget than JC3 which sold massive numbers first week.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I might get this but only if it runs okay on base PS4.
JC3's performance was unforgivable.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Im hearing very concerning things but in the ign video its a noticeable step above pro so im not too worried.

That said holy moly base consoles are gonna look ugly. Yall asked for performance you seem to be getting it for a price.
Obviously it's no red dead but i think it looks decent. As i wrote earlier there is some kind of bug with shadows in the dark but that's the only thing i noticed.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
game can be bought for 40 bucks new over here, maybe pre orders were shockingly low? wouldn´t buy this at all now, this is 30 bucks in 7-10 days at this rate

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

I've seen some base PS4 footage. It indeed looks very, very rough. Performance seemed fine ,but the pop in and general graphic quality seemed worse than JC3.