• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Played it for a couple of hours and dropped it. Unfortunately it's just not fun to play and hasn't got the feeling the previous instalments had. Thanks to game pass it wasn't a loss. Shame really as I like the original ones but with every game the series got worse and imo, 3 and 4 only exist for the sake of it.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I ended up dropping it as well.

Just Cause 2 had a really nice "Arrive. Fuck Shit Up. Leave" loop to it. It was basic, but I always had a sense that I was getting things done.
After four hours of JC4 all I felt like I accomplished was ????

-The world is massive, empty, and immeasurably bland. Locations and objectives are spaced way too far apart, and there's no incentive for taking out enemy bases.
-None of the guns carry enough ammo.
-Melee attacks are weak as hell.
-I picked up some gadget that lets me attach balloons to objects. All I could think was "What in the hell is this good for?". If I'm getting pursued by vehicles, I get much better results by just using the grapple hook to attach them to each other.
-Missions where I run around flipping switches like it's freakin' Legend of Zelda. Just let me blow up the switches and the buildings that contain them.

Maybe the game gets better later, but I can't be bothered to keep playing. When I play JC2, I get results. When I play JC4? I get jerked around.

Oct 28, 2017
I just spent 30 minutes in a mission where you have to pixel hunt for generators (in a Just Cause game) then defend someone. I'm almost convinced the series constantly and progressively worse design decisions are intentionally malicious at this point. Amazing.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just Cause 4 PC PATCH NOW AVAILABLE

21 Mar @ 2:00pm - JoshuaSquareEnix

Hello everyone!

We firstly want to thank you all for your patience whilst the team has been hard at work on this PC patch. You can expect the following improvements to your user experience:

• Performance improvements
• Water improvements
• Vegetation improvements
• New anti-aliasing system
• Support for Razer Chroma
• Various bug fixes
• Updated Customization menu
• JC3 Rico Skin (Legacy Item)

Rest assured we will continue to support Just Cause 4 with further updates and patches. We thank you for your support.

If you are experiencing issues then please contact the customer support teams who are also providing direct feedback to us:
Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com
North America: http://support.na.square-enix.com
Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com

The Just Cause team

https://steamcommunity.com/games/517630/announcements/detail/1803036006483220614

Oct 27, 2017
I played for an hour and I'll drop it. I cant believe they removed the meaning in fucking shit up, you know, the actual fun parts of the other games.

Like, they learned the wrong lessons from 3.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I played for about 2 hours and completed several main missions . One of theses missions was freeing orange clothed prisoners. Also I completed a stunt mission where I upgraded my hook shot and added boosters. The map now kind of opened up and I now am overwhelmed and don't know what to do. I open the map and don't know what indicates a main mission or what needs to be done to open main missions. any tips?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
So I guess there was another BIG patch the other day, and that it supposedly improved the game tremendously...
But I'm like, unless it added the destruction% of bases and liberating secotors, I don't see how it can be much better.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed JC3 more than this. But still giving it a good play through though.

Not sure if it's been brought up, but I hated the timed bomb car missions. I just went around and found the cars or bikes put them near the water before activating the console and thankfully they didn't reset the locations. Made it super easy.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I think this game is like No Man's Sky, where after the copious updates since the game's release (which was released long before it was ready), the game has improved greatly from it's original release. Those who gave up on it (rightfully, as it was garbage initially), should re-install/re-download it now, as it's a completely different game/experience from when it was first released.