• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
This series is going to present itself more and more at odds with the way I play it. I can't wait to attach a photo-realistic cow to a photo-realistic old lady and a photo-realistic gas canister so I can launch them into the photo-realistic sky and laugh at the photo-realistic gibsplosion.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Just hoping it runs well on consoles this time out. Loved JC2, but never finished JC3 because of how awful the frame drops and load times were.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
VXhGts7.jpg

More @ gematsu

Dat pasted on tornado, I could do better in paint...

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A tornado? Lol they should just copy Geostorm's storyline and allow for extreme weather and climate changes. ;p

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
That tornado looks like it was photoshopped on, but everything else looks legit and is definitely achievable on modern hardware.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hahaha showing screenshots of Rico in a car. Wingsuit all the way. Only vehicles worth a damn in JC3 were flying.

JC3's base gameplay had potential, the physics engine was great when it came to objects you could interact with, but they locked upgrades that should've been standard - wingsuit especially - behind a bad progression system coupled with a pointless story and a very repetitive map. I'm cool with how new the jungle looks (please make it so trees are easily avoided when gliding), but if the whole game is that it'll get boring quickly. And performance issues obviously need to be fixed, hopefully the Pro/X at least can handle it.

Also this screen shot is a little concerning, despite the variety, those are absolutely the base elements from JC3 you had to destroy. Exactly the same.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Looks better than 3 with seemingly big weather effects.... which basically kills all my hope for a good console port (CPU). JC3 was such a huuuge mess on PS4 at launch, I never experienced sth. like that before. And it didn't really get better. The gameplay systems and progression are debatable, but from a technical standpoint they have some guts to announce a sequel that soon. Hope they can deliver, but fool me once....

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don´t understand why anyone would give Avalanche a free pass after the disastrous JC3.

Nothing but alarm bells for this one.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Loved JC2 and really disliked 3.
Technical shenanigans aside, binding the whole player progression behind a Challenges mechanic which felt & played like a piss-poor Pilotwings, was the real dealbreaker for me. The franchise biggest strength (random total carnage), felt completely pointless.

I'm always open for new ideas, but bring those old strengths back to the forefront.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Huh, just read that JC3 was made in ~3 years by 75 people.

Pretty fucking good open world for such a team size, GTAV had a MUCH larger team.

Oct 27, 2017
How is avalanche of making so much games at the same time?
Rage 2, Generation Zero and JC4 propably in the same year.
It reminds me of the old generation where the dev time was a lot shorter.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone gonna trust the devs with this? Didn't they just bail on JC3 leaving it a mess? I think i have it via ps plus. Should fire it up sometime...

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Yay!!!! Loved 2 on PS3 (later on PC for the multiplayer mod).
Waited for over a year for JC3 on PC and I had no issues with it. It was such a fun game and I've actually had trouble replaying 2 cuz of the lack of wingsuit.
Bring on JC4 :D Can't wait~

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don´t understand why anyone would give Avalanche a free pass after the disastrous JC3.

Nothing but alarm bells for this one.

They're welcome to try with this, since JC2 was so much fun. But they should not be rewarded with blind pre-orders after JC3.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm hyped about this.

I absolutely hated the fact that they did not bother supporting/fixing just cause 3, and in fact refused to play the game and eventually sold it.

But then I started craving the JC experience, when the rumours about 4 started leaking. Decided to boot the game up (ps plus free) and finished it recently: the game is fun, maybe not much as JC2, but I am willing to give them another chance. Love the wingsuit, and other additions (unlimited c4, bridges)

JC4 could be very special.. But they don't have much goodwill left. So I won't buy into it as easily.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't give a fuck what the game looks like. It better control right. JC3 on PS4 felt like total shit to play. I would literally go and re-instal JC3 right now if they fixed the horrible feeling controls. JC2 played and felt like a dream compared to the new game.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed JC1 and JC2 but JC3 was too repetitive. I had no performance issues on the PC.

Probably I'll pass.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
def not legit screens but the art style is way better than just cause 3. this reminds me more of just cause 1 and 2 which is a great thing