• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
which would be a step up from just cause 3, which looks like a ps3 game.
What is this post. While it may not look like the best PS4 game, it looks way the hell better than any ps3 game. I honestly thought JC3 looked really good even compared to HZD. *shrugs*.

I do like JC2 visuals better due to how old the game is and how good it runs, but JC3's still looks good.

Mobias

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh
I hope they've learned a lot from JC3 beyond the technical issues. The game was monotonous once you got bored with the thrill of blowing things up endlessly. I've got a theory that JC2 was only well received because for quite a lot of people it turned out the be the game that GTAIV wasn't. I kind of next gen (back then) San Andreas.

There is a still probably life in the JC franchise if they learn that people want more than just an explosion simulator wrapped around an overly big open world game. Size and spectacle isn't everything in gaming these days.

Oct 25, 2017
VXhGts7.jpg

More @ gematsu
I'm finally getting the FUEL sequel I've always wanted.

Deleted member 27686

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This 4th game looks like they will pick the fan favorite features of the last 3 games and put it all together in a "new" game. Curious to see what will come out of it.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like how half of the thread calls the screens bullshots while the other half says "uhh it has a ton of aliasing/it looks pretty mediocre".

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes! That looks more like JC2, which I prefer. JC2 is still an amazing game.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Just make sure the performance is good this time. One of the reasons I don't enjoy the third game is the crappy frame-rate.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Basically looks like screenshots from Just Cause 3 lol, wish they changed the art style a bit to set it apart from the previous game.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this thread has been a fun read. Thanks for that!

The screenshots are looking real good, hope we see it today before a blowout at the Square conference!

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I have a 8700k / 1080ti but ok. Just cause 4 won't look like this. LOD, motion blur ect have been dialed up

I am on mobile so maybe it does have AA
dude you're on mobile

you really should not have to have the effect of a small screen on a high res images explained to you

You know why those look like bullshots to you?

because you're on mobile.......

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plz have better performance plz have better performance plz have better performance

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Just please ditch the upgrades tied to challenges, and I'll be in day one.

He'll, make it more like 2 and I'll actually preorder it

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully they removed the stupid cog-based upgrade system. That shit drained all the fun out of playing.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Just please ditch the upgrades tied to challenges, and I'll be in day one.

He'll, make it more like 2 and I'll actually preorder it

I want to say this as well but I'm still extremely hesitant about the peformance as well. But proper progression system and better mechanics compared to 3 would go a long way for me.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it runs better than JC3 I'm all in. JC3 was a fun game but it ran like utter shit. Below is one of the trailers that Avalanche left on the cutting room floor.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on which Avalanche Studio is working on this? or is this a huge collab?

I don't know if there is anything confirmed or not but I thought Rage 2 and Avalanche's new game were from the teams in Sweden. I think they have two teams in Sweden and one in NY so this might be the NY team again. I'm curious which studios are doing what.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why people are so judgemental of this game based on JC3. From what I've heard that game had a very troubled development where it was pushed to be some kind of multiplayer game, but then hastily reworked into a singleplayer game late in development. Most of the company's games perform beautifully. Mad Max ran super well. They release one broken game and everyone is ready to write them off.