• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just-Cause-4_Leak_06-10-18_007-600x338.jpg

Looking good.

Oh cool, they must have hired the same group of girls in their young 20's that made Nathan Drake, Joel, and Chris Redfield. Interesting choice.

Which one will he be, ERA?
  • Witty and charming
  • Distraught father who lost everything but he still fights for what's good!
  • He's a solider who listens to his government until he disagrees with them and doesn't follow orders because his perfect conscious says otherwise.
After Rico having a trilogy, they had an opportunity to spice it up a bit with the main protagonists. Not sure why they're continuing with this generic design.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I don't know if there is anything confirmed or not but I thought Rage 2 and Avalanche's new game were from the teams in Sweden. I think they have two teams in Sweden and one in NY so this might be the NY team again. I'm curious which studios are doing what.
I have been thinking it is the NY studio. I am good either way. Just need to see actual gameplay footage. :)

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Loved JC2 to death. Probably my most played X360 game. Just couldn't get into 3 at all even though I was excited about the setting. Something about the way it handled on the PS4 felt way off. Could be the frame rate I guess. I don't know.
I'd love a good JC, their sandbox gameplay and traversal tend to be 2nd to none. I'm just not sure they can deliver that with a late gen game. Should wait for next gen to resurface JC I think.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are so judgemental of this game based on JC3. From what I've heard that game had a very troubled development where it was pushed to be some kind of multiplayer game, but then hastily reworked into a singleplayer game late in development. Most of the company's games perform beautifully. Mad Max ran super well. They release one broken game and everyone is ready to write them off.

It didn't just have poor performance, it was one of the worst performing AAA games of this console generation. It was 'this shouldn't be sold' bad. And unlike other games (Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed Unity) it didn't improve with patches, but it got worse.

So I get the skepticism.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why people are so judgemental of this game based on JC3. From what I've heard that game had a very troubled development where it was pushed to be some kind of multiplayer game, but then hastily reworked into a singleplayer game late in development. Most of the company's games perform beautifully. Mad Max ran super well. They release one broken game and everyone is ready to write them off.
They didn't fix it, they made it worse and then ditched it.

Continued to release paid DLC though.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up JC3 on sale this week, and boy you guys weren't kidding about the performance issues. I know it isn't X enhanced, but I was hoping the extra horsepower would help a little. The game is also obviously not running at 1080P so my 4K upscale looks kinda blurry. It's fun though, been skipping the cinematics because they're awful.

All that said, with the screenshots, unless they've completely overhauled the engine or are cutting out a lot of the destruction, I just don't see this playing at a steady FPS on current and enhanced consoles.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
How is the third game? Worth playing? I've had it for a while on PS4 Pro

I bought the third one months ago, haven't even installed it. Was it ever fixed?

Played it last summer with Boost Mode on a PS4 Pro and felt it ran relatively smoothly.

Put about 15 hours into it and never really felt that performance got much in the way of the destruction or my attempts to navigate the world and fireworks. I mostly petered out after getting sick of the reptition(lots of time trials, mostly the same objectives across the map, only the story missions ever felt unique), but if you have a PS4 Pro there is some good fun flying around with the zipline and causing mayhem.

I do keep meaning to get back to it and chip away at more missions, that says a lot really.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

On the PS4 Pro the performance is manageable, but the game itself is still quite mediocre when it comes to design.

I'd say it's worth playing, if only for the gliding mechanics. There's fun to be had in playing it up until the point you get bored with it. You can just ignore the story and jump from base to base.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a more refined version of 3 with improved performance, I'm down.

People in here making a lot of assumptions based on a couple of screenshots. It's pretty embarrassing, you see the same thing in the AC Odyssey thread.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Which one will he be, ERA?
  • Witty and charming
  • Distraught father who lost everything but he still fights for what's good!
  • He's a solider who listens to his government until he disagrees with them and doesn't follow orders because his perfect conscious says otherwise.

Well he was already 1 in JC1, adding in a bit of 3 in JC2/3. I guess they could throw point 2 in for JC4 but I assume they'll probably go for the "revenge for dead parents" avenue, given his backstory.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
They didn't fix it, they made it worse and then ditched it.

Continued to release paid DLC though.

Keep in mind that DLC was part of the season pass which was announced at launch.

Fixing the games bugs and content delivery are generally two different things. Just as Avalanche NY was obligated to fix the games issues, they are also equally obligated to release content that folks paid for.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Could just be PC, I really don't see anything that screams bullshots.

Is it? I see low end AA being used, FXAA is my guess. If these were PC shots they would use MSAAx8 at 4k and downsample.

I suggest you take a closer look at that tornado "screenshot", if you can't see anything wrong with that you need your eyes checked. As a side note bullshot doesn't necessarily refer directly to PQ or resolution, more the blatant added affects and otherwise photoshopping.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind that DLC was part of the season pass which was announced at launch.

Fixing the games bugs and content delivery are generally two different things. Just as Avalanche NY was obligated to fix the games issues, they are also equally obligated to release content that folks paid for.
I get what you're saying, but it doesn't make it any more palettable.

Nov 14, 2017
Open world tornado has me hyped, but I do hope they add back the variety that JC2 had. "Lots of jungle" is about as interesting as "lots of cliffs and flower fields" that JC3 had.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If we can get sucked into a Tornado and get thrown like 500 feet into the air just to open the wingsuit and do some ridiculous stunt. I think that's the kind of craziness I want out of a Just Cause game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good, not stellar but good. Better than Just Cause 3 and Mad Max but it doesn't look as good as Rage 2 imo.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought it was a load better than JC2 (which I absolutely loved years ago). The performance issues have been addressed with patches, and very inoffensive on the Pro. My only remaining complaints are small: motorcycles control poorly, and some of the best upgrade unlocks are placed too far along their respective progressions.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
These look fine. If performance is even somewhat stable, then that's a HUUUUUUUGE upgrade from Just Cause 3