• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

Speaking about the publisher's ongoing support for the platform, Ubisoft EMEA executive director Alain Corre told The Telegraph: "I think we are the last soldier standing! We are the last game on the Wii and we are happy about that as there still a lot of fans wanting to play on it.

3max.jpg

Some are interpreting this line as being literal, but I can't help read it as Ubisoft saying they're the last as a series, not the actual last game. Especially if there's apparently still lots of demand for the series on Wii. Why not keep it going as long as possible?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i remember just dance was still selling something like 500k on the wii in 2014 or 2015 or something. the market was basically underserved by every eighth gen console and the fanbase just stuck around for their yearly fix on the thing they already had.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
The development costs must be pretty low (I don't play this series, but I assume there's nothing new being added in terms of gameplay, it's just a tracklist update), so they will release them as long as they have an audience that covers them and make Ubi some extra bucks.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I would be interested to see how the modern Just Dance games on Wii compare to their Switch/PS4/XBO cousins. Do they get the different features of each game (sweat mode, kids mode, ect) and different menus and unlockables each game. Or is it more akin to the 'legacy' editions of sports games that EA put out, where the entire game down to the menu's is identical to the version from half a decade ago and its just the songlist that changes?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would be interested to see how the modern Just Dance games on Wii compare to their Switch/PS4/XBO cousins. Do they get the different features of each game (sweat mode, kids mode, ect) and different menus and unlockables each game. Or is it more akin to the 'legacy' editions of sports games that EA put out, where the entire game down to the menu's is identical to the version from half a decade ago and its just the songlist that changes?

Just dance is basically FMV tied to motion controllers. So resolution aside, there are zero reasons for the Wii and PS4 pro version to have any difference

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Just dance is basically FMV tied to motion controllers. So resolution aside, there are zero reasons for the Wii and PS4 pro version to have any difference
The Wii versions do not have Just Dance Unlimited. The online subscription service that let's you play more songs.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The reason I still get the game for the PS4 is because I have 4 motion controllers AND it has a camera.

If I wanted it for the Switch, I'd need to spend a bunch of money on more controllers AND I'd lose the ability to have the camera.

Recording ourselves looking like fools is half of the enjoyment of the game. Not having that is a huge loss for the Switch version. Nintendo needs to get a camera out ASAP.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The Wii versions do not have Just Dance Unlimited. The online subscription service that let's you play more songs.

Couldn't they just include them on the disc on Wii to compensate? They never brought the Rabbid Peach Naughty Girl song to Wii or even Wii U right? That was only via Just Dance Unlimited on Switch?

The reason I still get the game for the PS4 is because I have 4 motion controllers AND it has a camera.

If I wanted it for the Switch, I'd need to spend a bunch of money on more controllers AND I'd lose the ability to have the camera.

Recording ourselves looking like fools is half of the enjoyment of the game. Not having that is a huge loss for the Switch version. Nintendo needs to get a camera out ASAP.

Ironically, Ubisoft created one for Wii:

9588519_sa.jpg

But it was only used in Your Shape and Racquet Sports.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think the Wii will absolutely see more releases, the way the Genesis just got a new physical game last month

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Couldn't they just include them on the disc on Wii to compensate? They never brought the Rabbid Peach Naughty Girl song to Wii or even Wii U right? That was only via Just Dance Unlimited on Switch?
There are a lot of songs on Just Dance Unlimited. They couldn't fit them all on a Wii disc. Don't know about the Rabbid song but I would assume it's Switch exclusive.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Didn't someone release a genesis game a couple of years ago? Or did I just dream that?

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Lasted pretty long for a Nintendo platform. Almost the longest.

FC/NES: 1983-1995
SFC/SNES: 1990-2000
N64: 1996-2002
GC: 2001-2007
Wii: 2006-2019
Wii U: 2012-2019+

GB: 1989-2003
GBA: 2001-2008
DS: 2004-2016
3DS: 2011-2019+
I guess it gets a bit hazy with GB/GBC, given that GBC had a lot of exclusive titles and it was effectively a pseudo-successor to the GB.

Wii managed 13 years all on its own, which is amazing.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
F
Didn't they shut down the Wii store earlier this year, too? So physical media outlived digital on the console.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Yupper

The last PS2 game was PES 2014 I dont know whats more impressive.
Xbox 360, which came out the year before Wii, had Just Dance/FIFA/PES 2019.

I guess it gets a bit hazy with GB/GBC, given that GBC had a lot of exclusive titles and it was effectively a pseudo-successor to the GB.

Wii managed 13 years all on its own, which is amazing.
The last GB compatible game came out in 2002, so it's not that far.
Wii U is wrong. Should be 2012 - 2012.

/s
Still beated the Vita.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
And for the heck of it:

SG1k: 1983-1987
SMS: 1985-1998
MD: 1988-2002
SS: 1994-2000
DC: 1998-2007

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Fifa was released on the ps2 all the way until 14/2013. So yea as long as people keep buying the series on Wii it will keep coming out on said platform.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of Nintendo Wii, there's a new Wii title in the charts this week -- Just Dance 2020 at No.15. Incredibly, the Wii version is the second most successful version of the game, accounting for 21% of all Just Dance 2020 sales. The Nintendo Switch edition accounted for 55% of sales, with the PS4 SKU accounting for 14% and Xbox One making up 10%.
UK Sales

They might want to rethink this